Closed Thread

Old 04-06-2001, 12:03 PM   #1  
It's a life long struggle

S/C/G: 230/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Question

Are you allowed to do that?> I looked it up in the book...but it only has pt value for 2 tbs.

Thanks,

Angie
Old 04-06-2001, 12:15 PM   #2  
Turtle Buddy

Hi,

Sometimes half of a serving is half of the points and sometimes it's not. That can be confusing, but it depends on how the points are rounded. For example, if you round up for a half of a point, then one serving of an item can be 1 point and 2 servings can be 3 points.

If you're using the WW book and don't have the fat, fiber, and calorie counts, go ahead and divide/multiply the points depending on the number of servings you're eating.

However, if you're using the nutrition labels, divide/multiply the calories, fat, and fiber by the number of servings you're eating, then figure out the points based on that information.

Ex: 1 serving of something is 100 cal, 2 g fat, and 2 g fiber. You're eating a half serving. Divide those numbers by 2--50 cal, 1 g fat, 1 g. fiber and then calculate the points. This is a simple one and the points come out to the same as if you divided the points in half, but it doesn't always work out that way.

The important thing is to be consistent in how you count them. Some people don't round the points and count half points. Some people round down for less than a half a point and round up for a half point or more. The best thing to do is to pick a method and use it consistently.

The calculations are not some magical number and being off a tiny bit won't hurt anything. The point count is actually a range, not an exact number. Foods with slightly varying calorie, fat, and fiber counts can be the same number of points, within a certain range decided on by the formula they use to calculate the points.

Hope this helps.

Lin
Old 04-06-2001, 12:22 PM   #3  
It's a life long struggle

S/C/G: 230/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

hhhm ok, thanks Lin.

I do understand what you are saying....it does make sense.

So, I ooked at the dip container....and there is no nutritional value

Oh well, I will from now on be checking lables BEFORE I buy them!

(hugs)

Angie
Old 04-06-2001, 06:38 PM   #4  

if you must have dip, which i must, i've started mixing ranch dressing mix with fat free plain yogurt. it works pretty well for me...and definately lower in points than the salad dressing straight. and i think it tastes better than the low/no fat salad dressings that companies make for ranch and caesar dressings....

andrea
Closed Thread