Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 04-21-2004, 07:44 PM   #1  

Smile Video Recommendations?

I checked out a Denise Austin yoga video from the library (they have a limited selection) and it is awful!

Does anyone have recommendations for videos for yoga/pilates/belly dancing/balance or resistance balls? I'd be willing to buy one if I knew that it was worth it.

Thank you!
matiabrilliantini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2004, 10:02 AM   #2  
living, breathing, moving

S/C/G: 230/170/135

Height: 5*5ish

I love my walk away the pounds video. and have heard a lot of good things about the bellydancing videos but don't know anything about them. used to have an old taebo that i love but the new one i got well i am just too uncoordinated for it.
blugirrl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2004, 11:26 AM   #3  

Default Videos

I have Bellydance Fitness for Beginners box set...I enjoy it, but you have to be careful...when I first started them I hurt my back and my neck gets sore easily when I do them as well. But overall, I would recommend them.

I have the DVD Pilates on the Ball with Lisbeth Garcia and I love it. She explains well, moves slowly and the movements feel really good. I got the DVD and my exercise ball on Overstock.com...cheapest prices and dirt cheap shipping. My exercise ball is the Dynaflex which came with it's own video that I enjoy...you really feel the workout the next day.

Hope I helped...good luck!
MojoJodie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2004, 04:20 PM   #4  

Hi,

For yoga, I really recommend Yoga Zone-they have a lot of beginner workouts.

You can see clips at collagevideo.com

Also, try Sara Ivanhoe's "Candlelight Yoga." Collage has clips for this also.

For Pilates-try Crunch Pick your Spot Pilates-clips are at Collage, too.

Stability ball workouts-Leisa Hart Abs on the Ball for Beginners, Dummies Stability ball workout, Quick Fix stability ball....

I tried Denise Austin from my library too, and her talking/voice drove me nuts!

I think all of the above workouts are available at Deep Discount DVD-they have great prices and free shipping.

Good luck,
Sherry
suzie76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2004, 04:25 PM   #5  

I love the Yoga for Weight Loss and Pilates for Weight Loss videos from Gaiam. They are great because they are thorough routines but they model partially modified & fully modified versions in addition to the regular versions of movements, so that it's easy to work at your own personal level and work up.

Also, Kathy Smith's videos are ALWAYS excellent, but a bit more challenging.
funniegrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2004, 04:43 PM   #6  
my dad made me1 from wood

I"m about to start the slim in 6 thing my friend lost 32 lbs on it so Im trying it tomorrow or sat will be my first day...
But the winsor pilates is good u can get one video thats what i did at ebay for like 8$ otherwise i think the box set is 50$ (but i heard its the best for pilates)
scorchin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2004, 02:11 AM   #7  

Red face

I'd have to agree Winsor Pilates is one of the best video workouts I've used. It's great if you want to build strength to your mid section and butt. Also, it's fantastic if you have problems with posture or you're really tall. Every day I like to do the 20 min. workout video and then I'll follow it with a 20 min brisk walk. The 60 min video will also give you the extra challenge. Some of the excercises may seem awkward or difficult at first, but they also show them modified until you gain the strength and flexiblity. It'll help you grow in confidence if you're just starting out too!

Hope you find something that works!

Last edited by cutsiebuttons; 05-20-2004 at 02:14 AM. Reason: spelling errors and extra words
cutsiebuttons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2004, 05:04 PM   #8  

I love "Basic Yoga for Dummies" and "Beyond Basic Yoga for Dummies"....the leader on there speaks in clear english no "weird yoga words" both videos are about 60 minutes long. I feel so flexible after doing them!
dkmcb01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2004, 07:28 AM   #9  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

I don't know why, but I just really, really like Gilad! Maybe it's his "no-nonsense, drill-instructor style" but also the beautiful Hawaii beaches in the background. And the gorgeous bodies to emulate, lol. Have a couple of his tapes, both step and strength-building. I got them from collagevideo.com.
And I also agree with checking with overstock.com! got a couple at low cost, and $1.00 shipping
VermontMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2004, 12:04 PM   #10  

I have the Yoga for Dummies tape and I HATE it. I like the instructor a lot, but I find the "boooiiing" style of the Dummies format VERY annoying and counterproductive to doing yoga.
funniegrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2004, 12:20 PM   #11  

Hi,

If you like the instructor for yoga for dummies-Sara Ivanhoe-but not the dummies style, try her other yoga practices-there are three: Candlelight Yoga (the easiest one) Joy of Yoga (slightly harder) and Fat Burning Yoga (the toughest one). You can see clips of these at collagevideo.com

There are also reviews at videofitness.com

I really enjoy Sara Ivanhoe, and hope she releases more videos soon. I also recommend Yoga Zone's beginners practices.

Take care,
Sherrry

Quote:
Originally Posted by funniegrrl
I have the Yoga for Dummies tape and I HATE it. I like the instructor a lot, but I find the "boooiiing" style of the Dummies format VERY annoying and counterproductive to doing yoga.
suzie76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2004, 09:00 PM   #12  

I really like my tae bo videos. They are fun and a good workout!!

Bethany
thinmom2b is offline   Reply With Quote