Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 04-19-2004, 08:50 AM   #1  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Red face Monday CHAT, April 19th

Good Morning Star Shine

Happy Monday everyone, hope your weekend was a good one. It was to quiet in here (hint hint lol).

No boss today, she is at the other facility but I will have to face her tomorrow so I'm greatful for an extra day to deep breath and get the hurt out of my system.

SueMarie, hang in there, when the time is right you will lose it too. Just try to maintain is hard enuf, believe me I know. Hugs !!

Well I'm in some need of turkey bacon and coffee, back on plan. I had a rough weekend, I stayed on plan but ate to much Today's a new day.

Hugs !!
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2004, 09:43 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

Good Morning Gang!

Hey Leenie! Glad you don't have to face your boss til tomorrow! Hope it goes well. I know sometimes I dread that sort of thing until I get it over with. hmmmmm will you let on to her that you wished she would have informed you first? just wondering? ain't life a hoot girlie!

I had a pretty good weekend "healthy eating" wise. Drank my water, ate small portions, pretty much just ate breakfast and lunch with a bite of something for supper, and got to do a 3 mile walk aerobics tape on Saturday morning, but I needed to come to work this morning in hopes of finding some peace and quiet. We had teenagers at our house every moment this weekend. It wouldn't be so bad if they would sleep every once and awhile. Not a moment to be alone (have I ever mentioned that I really like being alone sometimes) but at least I know where everybody was this weekend and what they were doing.

Well I need to grab my 2nd cup of and get with it.

What's everybody doing today? I'm planning on walking during lunch today if nobody changes my plans.

I'll be back later.....hugs,
cathy
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2004, 10:33 AM   #3  

Default Anyone have toothpicks for my eyes?

Am I ever dragging my butt.........I worked nights/evenings all weekend.....and did nothing fun to refresh me.........I am a naughty girl......I had it out with hubby yesterday regarding our lack of routine and my need for a bit of help so I don't have to feel as though I need to clean my house during the week if I'm off and work every weekend all weekend. He did all the laundry and groceries which was a help.

I miss the days of going out with our friends and entertaining.....the shift work and lack of routine of shift work is really wearing on me 22 years later.

We had a scare at work last night as well which was a bit of an emotional drain as well.

I need to get a bit of balance in my life......so have arranged a coffee date with one friend and a walk with another......should have a date with hubby as well.

My girls are thriving........dd 6 has Kindergarten graduation pics today......very cute.....had to have her hair just so.......dd 12 is doing well in grade 7 but she does find it a bit of a strain to keep on top of all her academics and the social issues cause a touch of stress as well.......she is a poor sleeper......always has been.....needs very little sleep like her Dad but some days she has big black rings under her eyes.

Swimming lessons are wrapping up for both of them today...may put them in one more set before school ends.....and then outdoor soccer starts......it is all the rage here.

Setting a personal goal to do 3 things I love this week.

Hope everyone else is having a great Monday. Hang in there Leens.....sorry about work......your boss probably has a lot of emotions wrapped up in it as well and doesn't know how to deal with it...human condition

Cathy enjoy your back to work......kids do drain ya don't they?

Lynnie have you asked the doctors what the long term plan is with your BIL? Have they given you a prognosis? Does he recognize you? Does he have any deficits/brain injury? It is so difficult to wrap your head around such a drastic change in a loved one. Hang in there.

Everyone else.......how is life?

Back later.

Liz
liz321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2004, 11:53 AM   #4  
Divine Gal

Default Good Morning Ladies

Sometimes I think BIL recognizes us other times he looks so lost and confused.The doctor's haven't told us any long term expectations or anything because they still don't know where the bleeding came from...The doctor's told us it could take up to 6 months before we know what permanent damage was done.Today he gets the surgery to put a trach in and the feeding tube in his stomach.We do know that he will have to go to a rehabilitation nursing home for a while; just don't know when or for how long.So in the meantime; we have gaurdianship packet coming and we will fill it out so we can take care of some of the bills.

It was beautiful out yesterday; but guess where I was IN BED!!! Damn allergies already starting...Dh has been BBqing alot in the past two days.I love BBQ...My mom got me the movie "Honey" gfor easter because I am into movies about dance and singing... So I watched that over the weekend too.

Well I better go; its time to drive a whole hour to go see BIL.Will talk to ya soon.
*hugs*
lynnie
lynnie24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2004, 03:08 PM   #5  
CIN

Hi Gals
Good to hear from you all and to know you are alive & well for the most part!

I had a nice weekend.We finally got an acceptable offer on the condo and accepted it! I will feel really good when it closes which wont be until the end of May.THEN I can really more!

I didnt share with everyone cause I wasnt in the mood to discuss it but I am NOT having gall bladder removed.Dr did not think it was the source of my problem..................I appreciate the fact he didnt do the surgery cause he sure could have.....it is not functioning right but not causing "the problem"..I will share when I get it correctly diagnosed...seeing anothger Dr in May.........jsut not up to repeating the details of it. (boring anyway!)

I am ok with it al now! (might as well be)

I walked this morning...............it was beautiful out!

I have another meeting today so I will "sign off"

Take Care everyone! Hugs to all who need a hug!

Later
Cin
CIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2004, 06:05 PM   #6  

Hi everyone.....I was up early.....I walked 10 minutes at the mall....that is what I had planned....a small goal & I did it.....then had coffee with friends after.

We are having the windshield fixed today....where we live....it's more north & if you drive on the highway....you are bound to get a crack in the windshield.

I had to take something back to Costco & WalMart today....of course I had to buy something else....lol.

I am feeling good today....today I am going to reorganize 2 shelves in the kitchen.

Liz.....good to see you here....I have been there.....in the past.....working 12 hour night shifts....worked casual....for years....I was always so tired.....it gets harder as you get older...I never seemed to recover....that is part of the reason I quit work at 48.

Cin.....it's hard when you have to wait for a diagnosis....May isn't too long from now.

April
april99 is offline   Reply With Quote