Old 04-19-2004, 08:27 AM   #1  
Baby Steps

Default Monday 4/19/04

It's Monday again (sigh). It's also windy and gloomy and rainy out. It'd be a good day to stay in bed---if I could. Luckily I'm working only part-time otherwise I'd really regret this day. Woke up with a headache (weather induced I'm sure) and feeling like I could just crawl back into bed. Hopefully that feeling goes away so I can come home and exercise. I've been doing good w/that
Have a good day all!!
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2004, 09:18 AM   #2  

Brenda: Sorry that the yucky weather has you feeling bad this morning. Hopefully they day will improve and you will feel better!

Well, not much happening here. Didn't make it to the beach this weekend. I worked 12 hours Friday, and then had to work 9 hours on Saturday. I was beat. Only got a couple of hour sleep between shifts, and I really didn't feel like making that 3 1/2 hour drive to the beach. I am off this weekend so will be heading down on Friday evening! We had the most beautiful weekend here, and I didn't do much. Spent a lazy day yesterday sleeping in, and then went shopping for a while. Hope everyone has a great weekend! to everyone yet to check in this morning! It's off to work for me, I will check in this afternoon!

Lisa
Mrs H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2004, 09:46 AM   #3  
Total Sass Bucket

Morning All...

Well, it's another MOnday and of course I'll be bummed out all day due to the BF leaving to go back to school. He's got this week and next week of class and then finals week soooo it's almost over!!! Yay! We had such a great time this past weekend, went for a really long walk on Saturday and just kind of bummed around the apartment yesterday. I absolutely LOVE how comfortable we are with each other... I'm so in love guys it's not even funny!!!

Other than the BF news and whatnot, I've got nuttin to report. It's monday. Monday sucks. That's all I have to say about that.
Shimma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2004, 10:05 AM   #4  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Hi Ladies, Happy Monday
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2004, 10:58 AM   #5  
Movin' and Losin'

Hey, all!

Brenda: Sorry about the yucky weather. Hopefully, it will clear up soon.

MrsH: You sure work a lot. You deserve a nice trip to the beach!

Shimma: Glad you had such a great weekend!

Leenie: Happy Monday to you, too!

I took off a half day on Friday and went to the TOPS conference. It also ran all day on Saturday. It really kicked me into gear. A woman spoke that lost 100 pounds in one year. 100 pounds?!?!? Here I am poking along wondering if I can get the last 30 pounds off by the end of the year. I feel like I've been the same weight for months!! So, instead of making excuses, I'm going to lose this weight! Why wait? Why not be looking fabulous as soon as possible?

Now, all that being said, I didn't hear her speech until too late. Damage had already been done this weekend. We all went out to eat at a Chinese buffet. The Chinese food didn't do me in. I just ate peel and eat shrimp and raw oysters, so not too bad. But, then came dessert! Everyone was saying it was a special occassion, and they would make up for it later. I joined in, and ate some coconut macaroons and almond cookies. Tasty, but then I heard her speech and felt terrible. Oh, well. I can't do anything about it now, except try harder from here on out.

I have to weigh in tonight and see the damage. Hopefully, not too terrible, and then it will start going down from there.

I tried Coors Light's new low-carb beer this weekend -- Aspen Edge. It was so good! It might be my favorite so far. I wish I wasn't a beer girl -- they are 2.6 grams per bottle, and I always have too many. I guess I need to get into the hard stuff -- less carbs!

Well, I'd better get to work. Ick. Hope everyone has a great Monday!!

Take care,
Jina
jdoggmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2004, 11:09 AM   #6  

Good morning ladies,
Well, you are speaking to a truant. Yep, yours truly should be sitting in her genetics class right now, but is not, due to the fact that she only woke up about fifteen minutes ago. I woke up at four today to go watch a re-enactment of the start of the revolutionary war in Lexington. They do it exactly as it happened, same place, same time (sunrise) and then everyone marches over to Concord for the re-enactment of the battle there. So when I got back, I was a little tired, and my roomate was still sleeping, so I decided to read in bed for a little bit so as not to make noise. Well, the book never got opened and all of a sudden it's three hours later. But, it's goregous and sunny, and supposed to be in the high 80s today, so I'm just going to head out side and try to get some work done. I'm a bit worried because I ate more than I normally would very early in the day (shake at 4.30, then coffee, omlette and bacon at 8.00) and I don't want to go over on the carbs. I guess I can skip a salad or trade in some of the cheese for a hamburger patty.

Brenda- You can't tell, but I'm sending you sunshine! Hope it helps.

Mrs. H - Sorry you never made it to the beach. I hope you have a nice day at work.

Shimma- Ah, what a romance, true love overcoming the perils of the academic calender... Don't be sad, be happy it's only another two weeks of seperation.

Leenie- Happy Monday to you as well.

Well, I seriously need to start being productive or today will not be a pleasent experiencce.
Abbie
Genghis Cohen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2004, 11:13 AM   #7  

Jina- didn't see you there. Good morning! I'm a beer drinker too, but for a long time before that I was a hard liquor girl. One of my least favorite things about Atkins is that I've switched back once again. And there's really just nothing good to mix with.
Genghis Cohen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2004, 11:14 AM   #8  
Head Princess

Happy Monday!

For some reason, I'm obnoxiously perky today. Maybe it's because DH was the drunken fool last night instead of me

Brenda - get feeling better!

Mrs. H - those hours suck! I hope you enjoy your upcoming weekend off.

Shimma - glad things with BH are going good!

Leenie - SMOOCHIES!!!!!

Jina - The conference sounds fun. I'm so a hard stuff girl! My current drink of choice is Strawberry Stoli w/club soda and a lime (I put limes in everything!)

My weekend was fun. I stayed out too late, drank too much, and slept until after noon on both days. It was great! I also bought some new jeans (5's - one pair is normal, too! aka not stretch!!!) and some t-shirts. I'm replacing my entire wardrobe one piece at a time

I'm back on the Pilates bandwagon and that feels soooooo good! I forgot how much I love doing that. I got my new swimsuit and I'm determined to be nicely toned the first time I wear it out.

Have a great day!!!!
StarPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2004, 11:16 AM   #9  
Head Princess

GC - Good morning! You snuck in on me
Old 04-19-2004, 01:30 PM   #10  
Baby Steps

Star: Congrats on the jeans and you'll look great in that suit. I hear you about replacing the clothes one piece at a time

Abbie: So YOU'RE the reason I see the sun every so often? thanks!!

Jina: I'm not a big fan of beer. But I guess the Bacardi O is "flavored beer" or so it says and THAT I'm too fond of. lol. It's WAYYY more than 2 carbs per bottle though. And how do you lose 100 pounds in a year? That'd be interesting!!

Shimma: sorry you're bummed about the boyfriend. I'm sure before you know it, it'll be the weekend (we can hope!!) again! Hang in there!!

Lisa: Sorry you didn't make it to the beach. Hopefully the weather's good for you to go this next weekend.

Well, work is over thank God. Man, 4 hours has never lasted so long!! I'm in no shape to exercise today. My head is just pounding. I took 2 different types of sinus meds and instead of touching my headache it's just making me tired. So I'm going to skip the exercise and go take a nap. Oh, it's still dreary and windy here. Supposed to be like this for the next couple days. GRRRRR
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2004, 01:37 PM   #11  
The Princess O' Pets

Good mornin' Sweet thangs!!

I am still on induction made al my goals last week, yippeeee! Sorry so quick I will do personals later, I am at work and it is BUSY!! .
ALL of you have a great day!!!

LOve TG
Theo'sgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2004, 01:39 PM   #12  
Head Princess

I think losing 100 pounds in a year is reasonable. That averages out to just less than 2 pounds per week.

Assuming I get these last 15 pounds off before August, I'll have lost 80 in a year.....
Old 04-19-2004, 01:50 PM   #13  
Movin' and Losin'

Abbie: The re-enactment sounds interesting -- worth sleeping through a genetics class, I bet!

Star: I'll have to check with you on the hard drinks. It's not that I don't like them, I just have always liked beer better, so I would have NO clue what to order at a bar. I know that's an area you can advise me in!

TG: Hey! Great job at meeting all your goals last week!

At first when I heard the lady say she lost 100 pounds in a year, I thought it was unbelievable, but then we figured out it was a little less than 2 pounds a week. I still think it's incredible because I seem to dilly-dally around with weightloss, and at this rate, I could never lose close to that much in a year! Star, that's so awesome that you'll have lost 80 pounds in a year!!

This lady lost it by calorie counting, eating low-fat and exercising. I'm glad it worked for her, but I could never do it that way!
Old 04-19-2004, 02:13 PM   #14  
Head Princess

Jina - never fear! The resident lush is here to help and advise you!

Ugh! What a claim to fame!
Old 04-19-2004, 02:19 PM   #15  
Movin' and Losin'

Holy cow! I tried so hard to get my photos in my profile awhile ago, and I never thought it worked. I guess it did! Who knows how long they've been there! Anyway, I still need to work on a more recent photo -- I look a LOT different!