Old 04-18-2004, 07:59 AM   #1  

Question Atkins And Blood Type

Hi everyone I am new here but would like to know something about the Atkins diet, I know alot of people I work with are doing the diet and have really lost the weight, I did it the same way but did not loose anything, the people that lost their blood types are O+ and I am A+ and wonder if anyone with my blood type has lost any weight and if so how please help me, I joined curves and really like it and am going to start going 3 to 4 days a week but need to loose 20 pounds so may start WW if Atkins wont work. Thanks so much for your help......

Shardy
shardy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2004, 09:20 AM   #2  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Hi Shardy and Welcome,

I haven't heard of different blood types losing or not but thats really interesting. Have you checked into Atkins website, bet if you emailed them they could answer such a technical question.

Please let us know what they say.

HUGS and good luck.

Leenie
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2004, 09:22 AM   #3  
Baby Steps

I don't think I'm O. I think I'm B something. I don't know what blood type would have to do with weight loss----would be an interesting study. I should really find out for sure what type of blood I (and my mom) have.
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2004, 12:58 PM   #4  
Look at me go ;)

I know I am 0 but don't remember if its + or -. He doesn't say anything about blood types making a difference in his book, only metabolic rates but I bet Leenie is right about the website being able to answer. Goodluck!
Cinnymamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2004, 03:39 PM   #5  

Web site will not tell me anything just want to know if it is working for anyone who is a type other than an O+ or O-
shardy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2004, 12:09 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 330/265/175

Well, I'm A- and when I started Atkins I felt that it was going fairly slowly. However, I don't think that I was putting 100% into adding exercise into my routine, so I'm not sure that I was doing as badly as I thought.

I've seen books around that discuss blood type and the types of food that people with certain blood types should eat. I'm not sure how 'true' these are though and if significant studies have been done.
Lekker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2004, 02:59 AM   #7  
Goal by Aussie Summer!

I'm O+ and I've (slowly) lost about 5lbs over two weeks on Atkins...I'm not trying to focus on weight as much as clothing size...and they're loosening
RavenL33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2004, 07:33 AM   #8  

Height: 5' 6"

I'm A (something) I cant remember if it's + or -, I don't seem to be having any difficulties on this WOE. It may not say anything on the Atkin's website, but if you email them they will be able to anwser you question in more detail.
Trazzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2004, 07:55 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 208/199/128

I'm AB- and I'm very happy with the results. I don't think it has come off as fast as some of the success stories. But I also think that the success stories are the best of the best...so don't get caught up in them.
LoriAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2004, 10:54 AM   #10  
Head Princess

I'm A- and actually lost pretty quickly in the beginning (something ridiculous like 20 pounds in 3 weeks). I really don't think that blood type has anything to do with it. I think it's more about metabolic resistance.
StarPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2004, 04:46 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 189/177/135

Height: 5'7

A+ and 17 pounds down all be it a little on the slow side but slow and steady is better than none at all.
Amyjo01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2004, 04:49 PM   #12  

i am an a+ . i am on atkin i have lost 35lbs. in 5 months. not real fast but it goes eventually. just hang in there. pat
paperdoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2004, 04:26 AM   #13  
Look at me go ;)

I was browsing around on the Discoveryhealth website and while taking a quiz, this was one of the questions and answers:

9) Blood type influences the types of foods a person should eat to achieve or maintain a healthy weight.

(I answered True)

Sorry! The correct answer is False.

Of the book Eat Right for Your Type, which recommends dietary choices based on a person's blood type, The American Council on Science and Health says, "This is not only one of the most preposterous books on the market, but also one of the most frightening."

Hope that helped a little
Cinnymamma is offline   Reply With Quote