Closed Thread

Old 04-05-2001, 05:07 PM   #1  
It's a life long struggle

S/C/G: 230/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Thumbs down

Back for the third time to weight watchers, I lost about 20 pounds last time but now weigh 28 pounds MORE then my STARTING weight last time. How depressing!! Today is day one.

Any tips on how to stay on track? I have a real addiction to food, and have a real fear of being hungry. I am an overeater of all the wrong foods. I hope to gain support here, and make many new friends. I am uneasy about starting this journey, but hope that as I get thru each day it might become a little easier.

If you havn't guessed I am a mom of 2 girls age 6 and 8 months. I work from home, and take care of my kids (which is a full time job itself). I am married to the man of my dreams, and live in the country. I like to paint (not great at it.....but I like it), have been trying to conceive for the past 7 cycles, and my newest obsession is losing weight.....which begins today.
Here is a picture of my family www.babiesonline.com/babies/c/chubbylegs
If you have gotten this far, you deserve a medal!

Angie
starting weight 208
current weight 208
goal weight 150

WW
Old 04-06-2001, 12:33 AM   #2  

Hi met you earlier today...good luck and let's hang in there together....talk to you tomorrow
Old 04-06-2001, 07:42 AM   #3  

Default Thanks Liz!

You are a sweetie!

I really enjoyed our chat yesterday. It is so nice to know that there are others out there striving for the same thing. A healthy lifestle. Ok, and a few pounds shed at the same time

Again a big CoNgRaTs to you for how well you are doing. I love seeing success stories, and to me, you are one of them.

I wish you luck as you continue your new lifestlye!!

(hugs)
Angie

Old 04-06-2001, 10:47 AM   #4  

Good day! Well I'm just about ready to get moving and get things done for the day..lots to do before work today. Have a good day and I'l check in later.
Liz
Old 04-06-2001, 11:31 AM   #5  
Chick

Height: 5'4"

Momof2girls
Good luck. One thing you can do is to have plenty of 0 point and low point foods in the house. Yesterday I goofed bigtime at lunch, but I counted the points, had 2 FF hot dogs on one 1-point bread, filled in the meal with veggies and rescued the day.
I try and keep Diet Jello made up and also the pumpkin and ff pudding for those times when I'm really hungry or even for those times when I'm "searching" for something to eat.
I think what we all try to do is to substitute better patterns or habits for the destructive behavior we had before. For me that includes exercising (I'm still working on that), finding good tasting low point foods, and journaling everything.
Good luck on finding what works. You might want to try telling yourself you can eat whatever you want as long as you sit down. Some people find this effective in slowing down the out of control eating they'd done in the past.
As I think of tips, I'll chime in again.
Old 04-06-2001, 12:06 PM   #6  
Turtle Buddy

Hi,

I'm sure we all have an "addiction" to food. Without it, we die! Same thing with water. The trick is to learn to substitute foods that are healthy and balanced, in the right portions for your body. That takes time and practice. So, be patient with yourself while you learn. The other side of the coin is to learn how to use your favorite foods so you don't feel deprived and can live this way every day.

As far as your fear of being hungry, don't be. WW points program is designed specifically so that we eat enough to fuel our bodies. They realize that people who weigh more need more food, even if they ultimately want to lose weight. Ditto for people who exercise a lot.

However, one way to combat that hugner issue is to plan mini meals instead of three meals. Spread out your points so that you're eating something nutritious every 2-3 hours. You can eat half of your breakfast and save the rest for a later mini meal, for example. What I often do is to use my milk and fruit servings as mini meals. If I'm still hungry, I'll have some veggies or soup. Anyway, the result is that you don't have to go for long periods of time wondering when/what you will have to eat next. You won't think about food as much, once you get into the routine of the program.

And, DRINK the WATER! I cannot emphasize enough how important that is. It keeps you full and gets rid of the phenomenon of thinking you're hungry and eating something, when what your body is trying to tell you is that it's thirsty.

Lastly, learn the program in baby steps. It can be overwhelming to try to do everything all at once. Pick one thing to become a new habit and do that. Then add another.

Good luck!

Lin
Old 04-06-2001, 12:08 PM   #7  

Default Itryharder

I am not sure of your IRL name

Thank you for responding with some tips. I am the type of person that does NOT sit down to eat. That would be a really good idea....because I hate doing it. I wonder how long I would be able to keep that up.

Great job last night on staying in points!! Where can you get fat free hot dogs??? Hook me up! and one pt bread too!! Do they sell frozen WW dinners? I thought I saw once once awhile ago.

Gotta get going.....my 8 month old (Emma) is ripping her diaper bag apart.

(hugs)

Angie
Old 04-06-2001, 12:15 PM   #8  

Default LIN!

Thank you so much for your words of encouragment!

I must have been posting at the same time that you were. I am going to try your suggestion to eat small things thru out the day. ALthough I do have an 8 pt lunch plan (a frozen dinner from before) I figure instead of throwing out all the "bad" food I am going to work it into the program.

So far today I have had a bagel 6 pts with jam 1 point.

and some carrots with dip 1 pt.
total is 8 points + my 8 point lunch at 16 pts...and I still have 13 more points to work with!!! I have grapes in the frigde for a snack at 1 pt and for supper...well havn't figured that one out yet....maybe subway? I think dh wants to go out for supper....so that would work.

I am on my 4th glass of water of the day..and have a whole lot of time left to finish it. I am lucky because I actually like water,and usually drink it with my meals anyways.

Thanks again for your support, I think this board is great, and I can't wait to get to know you!

(hugs)
Angie
Old 04-07-2001, 01:08 PM   #9  
Pink Thingy

Default Third Time Lucky...

This too is my third (and final time) of joining WW. Must be a sign people coming back determined for registration number 3. I never lost much the first two times, and I think that maybe because I didn't get the "click" everyone seems to talk about.

I will do it this time - how do I know - coz even when I have a bad day, or gain, I still journal and I still go to weigh in, so at least I know what I have to face up to.

Also, I have found this site and I have read and been given some awesome advice and I am not sure where I would have been without it all. I find even when I or others don't have advice, we can still post to encourage each other - after all, we are all going through the same battle - it's just that some of us are fighting a full scale war

Last edited by BigFatBooty; 04-07-2001 at 01:10 PM.
Old 04-07-2001, 01:54 PM   #10  

Good morning everybody...wow everybody has so many wonderful ideas and words of encouragement...I'm glad I found you all...I do agree that in the beginning we have to do lots of planning and not let ourselves get too hungry...I don't know where to get WW frozen meals but I buy Stouffers and Michelina's(?SP), I figure out how many points when I bring them home and write the number on the box in a black felt, I have found ones from 4-7 points...I have those handy for the days we are running and I am starved at meal time, it has saved me from many a cheat

As well I have lots of V8 and Tomato juice on hand to sip while cooking or eat with a meal to feel more full.....V8 and tomato juice is free!

I too like frequent small meals...one of my favorite meals at the moment is a toasted bagel cut in pieces with salsa on each piece...filling and the salsa is free!...stays with me for a long time too...6 points...

I also keep the ff pudding and jello made at all times and have a 1 point ice cream sandwich in the freezer, very satisfying when you are craving something sweet....I don't want to fill myself with a lot of artificial sweeteners, I'd rather eat less....

I do drink tons and tons of water..8-10 glasses a day, I have a full water bottle with me at all times, I do believe that is the magic...

I do not have an exercise plan to speak of but my work is physical and I make lots of miles up and done the halls as a nurse...I do want to get walking, that is my weakness at the moment, making excuses for why I can't exercise...

Have a great day everybody and I look forward to getting to know you all better!
Closed Thread