South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 04-13-2004, 03:40 PM   #1  

Default Day 2 and it's getting tough.

O.K. I know this is only day 2, but I am hungry today. Day 1 was easy. I felt full all day. Almost too full. Today I eat, but am hungry again soon after. I have to admit my guilt though. I have a daily Mocha. I know the NF Milk and coffee are o.k. and I do cut the chocolate in 1/2, but I can't seem to give them up. I am hoping to quit soon. I also hope it doesn't deter my weight loss these first 2 weeks. For some reason I am blind to that one thing.
Hopefully tomorrow I wont be so hungry......
Lou
Old 04-13-2004, 04:17 PM   #2  

Default I know how you feel

I am in my fourth month, but I remember the first two weeks clearly. I alternated between feeling sorry for myself and feeling like I was going to die because I couldn't eat what I wanted.

My sis started right after I did, so we had each other for support.

It was about halfway through Phase 1 that I started to notice that I felt so much better. By the end, it was a piece of cake (lo-carb, of course!).

Good luck to you! You can do it!!
Old 04-13-2004, 04:21 PM   #3  

Thanks. I am having a hugh sweet tooth fit right now, but I am not going to cave. I muched on a few almonds and keep sipping my water. I have to do this, and I will!!
Old 04-13-2004, 04:30 PM   #4  

You know, the only thing that got me through this was being tired of being out of control...I didn't realize how out of control I was until I did Phase 1.

Set up goals for yourself...when I started losing weight, it was simple things like, when I reach 200, I will get my nails done.

Now, for the first time in my adult life, I can shop in the regular depts in stores (juniors, misses). This is what is urging me on now.

It has taken me seven years to finally get to my current weight and I refuse to do anything (cheat) that will keep me from reaching my goal!

I'm proud of you!

PS - The nuts saved me too...they taste too good though & I can't stop eating them. I am convinced they are a tool of the Devil!!
Old 04-13-2004, 04:38 PM   #5  

I have to tell myself on a daily...no, hourly...no, by the minute, that this is what I truly want for myself. I can eat and be heavier, or I can do this and be thin.

I also tell myself that this is hard, and it is ok to whine. I like to whine and groan a little. This isn't easy. Nothing worthwhile ever seems to be, unfortunately.

If you are having a difficult time, then you know you are changing, physically. Keep that in mind.
Closed Thread