Weight Loss Surgery If you've had it, or are considering it, share your discussions here

Closed Thread

Old 01-23-2004, 07:27 PM   #1  
she who must be obeyed

Default Wanted to share this really good recipe

it calls for chicken, but I bet shrimp would work just as well.....right peachie

we had this for dinner tonight......yum, yum good

Saute of Chicken and Broccoli-Italian Style

2 cups broccoli florets
8 oounces penne
3 tablespoons olive oil
1/4 cup minced onion
12 oz skinless boneless chicken breast, cut into small dice
2 tablespoons white wine (I used a little more)
1/2 teaspoon oregano
1 to 1/2 cups tomato sauce (I used 1 1/2 cups)
2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
salt and freshley ground pepper (who are they kidding, it came out of a pepper box)

Bring salted water to a boil. Parboil the broccoli for a mnute and remove. Add the penne and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente

In a large skillet heat the olive oil. When hot, add the onion and saute for 3 to 4 minutes. Add the chicken and saute, stirring continuously until no longer pink. Add the garlic and saute a few moments, then add the white wine, oregano and tomato sauce. Add the parboiled broccoli and simmer just to reheat. Season to taste with salt and pepper, and garnish with parsley. Drain penne and transfer to a bowl. Top with chicken and broccoli saute and serve.

To my low-carb friends..........sorry about the penne ........but darn this was good. Low carbers.......close your eyes we also had buttered french bread. A nice salad with blue cheese dressing would have been nice also.
Old 01-24-2004, 01:09 AM   #2  
Old Cackler

it DOES sound good.. but it involves cooking!!!!!

why would i do that???

peachie?????? help?????
Old 01-24-2004, 07:21 PM   #3  

it DOES sound good.. but it involves cooking!!!!!

why would i do that???

Oh man, am I out of the loop! NOW I get the appeal of the ! You see, I was PROJECTING when I thought that Peachie wanted the tool box at her house, since if I had a sister, that's what I'd want her to bring My dh would not recognize a tool box unless it was labeled as such. But, I see Jiffy dear, THIS one is for YOU!!! shhhhh does he have a friend who is a pastry chef? Darn, wish I had a sister who dated all these guys I could use at my house!
Old 01-25-2004, 12:13 PM   #4  

Yum! Debkay!!! This one does sound good! Shrimp would work nicely and how much wine do you have to drink while cooking this to get it to come out just right?

You and I really need to upgrade ourselves to a pepper mill. I'm working out of the little box too!

I need to work on my broccoli cooking skills. I've given up on the knife skilss since I sliced my fingers to shreds. Just cause you watch the food channel doesn't mean you can slice and dice like the food channel...know what I mean????

Oh heck...let's just go out! Will take stilltrying to check out Jiff's french chefie!

thanks, Debkay!
peach
Old 01-25-2004, 12:37 PM   #5  

OMG, French? He is FRENCH? You never said he is a FRENCH chef! Why, he must have pastry skills oooooozing out of his pores! Can you tell I have not had my favorite food group in some time? Man, take the girl out of europe but....I'll follow you guys ANYWHERE! Why, I'll TREAT, too!
Old 01-25-2004, 04:55 PM   #6  
Old Cackler

and he does good wine, too...
Old 01-25-2004, 05:12 PM   #7  

Oh Jiffy, that's why you'll love having me along! You can have all the wine to yourselves. One drop of alcohol and I'll be asleep. Now you may think that's not much of a problem but I'd be worried that once I'm that incapacitated, you all will eat my share of the french pastries! Then you'll have more whine than you could ever stand.
Old 01-25-2004, 05:23 PM   #8  

...and speaking of my favorite food group, we have a male friend who thinks that sharing dessert is really romantic. He is divorced and his girlfriend just dumped him. Need I say more?
Dessert 101: the only sharing to be done is from HIS portion!
Dessert 201: he only STARTS on his dessert when you are done with yours and shared enough of his.
Dating and Marriage 101: see Dessert 101 and 201
Old 01-25-2004, 11:56 PM   #9  
Old Cackler

stilll... i can't have dessert unless i share it!!! it's too much for me!
Old 01-26-2004, 08:46 AM   #10  
Hang In There

Stilltrying Maybe your Desserts 101 & 102 might be part of my problem. Ole Alvin & I order dessert and I eat mine and then what he has left??? And I completely agree that desserts is the #1 most improtiant food group.Jiff Do you see a pattern here? Are you going to throw us NON-WLS posters out of your group as a bad influence?
Old 01-26-2004, 10:18 AM   #11  
Old Cackler

barb... darlin... why would i do that????? we LIVE with you all. and LOVE you all too. just like family. just like having li'l old mom around, who can't survive without a whole gallon of ice cream in the freezer!!!
Old 01-26-2004, 02:37 PM   #12  

Jiffy dearest, you know I love you but to the thought of having to share dessert because you can't finish it leaves me Hey, I've an idea, can WE go out to dinner together?

Barbara, yup, you and I probably need the same intervention: don't go out except for very special occasions! That's the only thing that is helping me now. Well, that and the fact that DH knows not to eat anything containing sugar in front of me. Not if he wants to finish it...or remain married!
Closed Thread