Old 04-10-2004, 06:48 PM   #1  

Default I really think

That ediets might be a great option, After my first week I think I have not suceeded at all! I have screwed it all up.
I really need some one to tell me exactly what to eat/what to do. To make sure I am doing it right. I would be able to follow this perfectly as well.

Is there any other options besides ediets?

I am just really frustrated!
Thanks!
frodo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2004, 09:50 PM   #2  
Goal by Aussie Summer!

It sounds like you may need to go to a dietician or a MD if you need someone to tell you exactly what to eat/what to do. Another suggestion would be to read the book. All the ladies here have stressed the importance of reading the book so you properly understand the concepts of Atkins.

You could also look at the info on Atkins.com about induction and print out the list of 'allowed induction foods' and keep a copy in your purse, on your fridge door etc so you know what you can and what you can't have.

Sorry, looking back over my post it could be construed as a little harsh, I don't mean to sound mean or anything. Just trying to point you in the right direction so you can make informed and confident decisions.

RavenL33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2004, 09:54 PM   #3  

yesa dietician is the way to go but so costly, can't afford it right now I'm going through school etc.. so my idea is ediets I think I am going to try it for the 4 weeks just to see how that goes? Because it seems like a really cost effective way to get a schedual/routine done for me.

I am a guy So no purse for me ( not that there is anything wrong with that ). But yes I will have to read the book I haven't been able to find it only the recipe book. so far..
Old 04-10-2004, 09:57 PM   #4  
Goal by Aussie Summer!

LOL sorry, I just assumed you were a lady...you could always get a manbag, they're very popular in Europe I hear

As far as getting your hands on a copy of the book, I bought my copy off of ebay for $US2. And it's the latest edition too! It's a very popular book it seems.
Old 04-10-2004, 10:03 PM   #5  

holy really? well I will have to do that then...
but do you think ediets is a good solution? Because I really do they also give you access to talk to a deition 24/7 with your $3/week membership.
Old 04-10-2004, 10:12 PM   #6  
Goal by Aussie Summer!

I personally have had no experience of ediets...I'm capable of planning my own menu better than some stranger
Old 04-10-2004, 10:13 PM   #7  

lol ouch yes, but I do lack this capability..
Old 04-11-2004, 01:49 AM   #8  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Hi Frodo

Once you read the book, and check out the food log that alot of the chicks here post on. It will give you a much better understanding of what you are suppose to be eating. If you still cant grasp it, post your daily menu and let us critique it. We will be able to spot mistakes where you might have missed them.

Personally....Ive spent enough money on weightloss products and plans, that I didnt even buy the atkins book.....I borrowed it from the library. Do you really want to fork over your hard earned $$ to a company when you can get us to tell you what to do for nothing???????

Keep at it
Robin
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2004, 05:26 AM   #9  
Goal by Aussie Summer!

Hehe, like I said...I forked over the princely sum of $2 for my copy!
Old 04-11-2004, 07:46 AM   #10  
Hittin' the Beach

S/C/G: 225/212/130

Height: 5'0"

Frodo, I think the Atkins website has an induction menu somewhere on the site.Let me go look, yes here it is...http://atkins.com/Archive/2001/12/14-373858.html
The meals that are underlined are recipes on the site, so you can click on them to get the recipe. It's not the greatest since it has shakes and other sugar alcohol things as snacks and that is not recommended, but I am sure e-diets is the same since Atkins sponsors them. I am sure E-diets is a great tool but I'm not willing to pay for that, I'm cheap. :-) Hope this helps, how did you "screw up" this week? The others are right, post some daily menus that you usually eat so the others can see what you could be doing wrong....Good luck
ozziesgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2004, 12:37 PM   #11  
Baby Steps

I didn't like the thought of someone else telling me what to eat. I'm a finicky (I guess--so I'm told) eater and only eat certain things. I'm lucky they're on the list I rebel at someone telling me to "eat this". Hmm...What if I'm not hungry for that? Or this sounds better? Might want to think of that option before you dish out the $$
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote