View Poll Results: Apart from being slim - if these things were possible, which would you go for?
Willpower to stop smoking, bite fingernails etc 0 0%
Natural blonde hair 0 0%
Perfect skin (no pimples etc) 4 16.00%
Perfect boobs (smaller/bigger/perkier/whatever) 6 24.00%
Never have to pluck, wax, shave etc again 3 12.00%
5 inches taller (mostly in the legs!) 2 8.00%
Leaner, more toned body 5 20.00%
5 inches shorter 0 0%
Get rid of stretch marks, scars etc 5 20.00%
Other (I've ran out of ideas, but I'm sure there's more wish lists out there) 0 0%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 04-05-2001, 05:29 AM   #1  
Scotland's finest export

Thumbs down

***Welcome to the daily thread for all 20-somethings!***

Morning girls!
Remember how I was going to WI today? Well, I can't. booh. Work is going to be frantic all day with deadlines that overlap with any possible WW meetings. Will have to wait till next week (and then TOM is due - doh!). Still, it means I'll behave over the weekend (which isn't going to be easy points wise cos my Mum and Sis are visiting, but i haven't seen them since New Year so that'll be good).

Ali - weather in London has been a bit odd lately. Quite warm and sunny and then suddenly rain. And then all nice again. Usually raining whenever I am not at work and sunshine when i am! C'est la vie!

Shalyne - throw out all your clothes that are too big for you. You'll never wear them again. Apparently if you hesistate about throwing something out, you should do it. Anything you haven't worn for 2 years, bin it! (Unless that is cos you bought something nice when you were a smaller size and you're hoping to wear it again).

Welcome back Becky - hopefully when you weigh in on WW scales you'll find out the truth. And if it is a gain, get tracking those points again!!

Kay - good job on the not smoking.

Lolly - how long have you been over there now? I'm sure you'll be at your 2nd 10%.

It will certainly be interesting to see Gwynnie in a fat suit, but I think she should be made to put on the weight and do it for real! She'll never understand how it feels when she can just unzip it and go back to skinny.

Right, better get on with me work. Looking forward to reading all your posts and a big hello to all those I didn't have time to respond to!

Kirsty
Old 04-05-2001, 06:35 AM   #2  
Running Babe

Morning All,

This is a quick note to everyone, I'll write something more in depth later. I have been up officially for 24 hours now, I love finishing term papers. This is my last allnighter as a University student (yeeeehaw), so anyhoo, take care!

Ali
Old 04-05-2001, 07:17 AM   #3  
Crime Fighter

Default I am sorry, Gloria Steinem, but I voted to have nicer boobs

Isn't it awful? Here I am a smart, funny pretty girl, but I voted to have nicer boobies. You know, I would have voted for "smarter" or "ability to feed the world" had it been up there!
The nice thing about this poll is, I had trouble deciding what I would improve. Stretchmarks are an issue, but they're faded and they're nothing that a tummy-tuck after I have my children won't fix . Natural blonde hair would be nice but I'm so used to dyeing it that it doesn't matter. My birth control pills have resolved most acne issues.
The point of these ramblings is that I really have come a long way in terms of appreciating how I look. I used to be so negative on myself -- and when I wasn't negative, I was busy trying to divorce myself from my body. I credit weight training to improving my body image. I was just looking at pictures of me in January (when I hit goal) and I am so much more toned now than I was even then. Don't get me wrong, I'm not buying any thong beachwear any time soon. But things are good.

Have a great day
Old 04-05-2001, 07:26 AM   #4  
Scotland's finest export

Default body image

i'm glad to see today's poll is throwing up some interesting comments. i guess we should all accept what we do have and not focus on impossible desires. but c'mon, can't somebody out there invent something that you zap your legs with once and then they are smooth and hair-free for life! purlease
i missed out smarter cos i know we've all got that one under control!
good to hear your positive thinking lola. if i could have my way i'd be ticking off a lot of other options on my poll, but like you say, you can learn to accept things and not get hung-up on them. you've got to love yourself or no one else will! except me, cos i'm nice like that.
Old 04-05-2001, 08:46 AM   #5  

Hi Everyone Well it was a tossup for me... to have perfect skin (back acne is such a pain but I'm glad it moved off my face) and to not have to shave... I decided I'd rather not have to shave ever again LOL. That would save so much trouble.

Kirsty...well I've got together 3 bags of things that I decided I really don't need... separation anxiety from things I don't wear, agh! LOL I'm terrible. I tried on my biggest size, 2 bigger than what I'm wearing now and it was sooo cool to have it be that loose and baggy. Makes me more excited about having lost. I can't wait till I can go down another size...

Ali...ahhh all nighters...wow it's been awhile since I pulled one of those...don't forget to catch up on sleep!

Lola...I totally know what you mean about not being as negative... I'm not nearly as negative as I used to be about myself. It's a nice feeling... I still have a ways to go tho LOL.
Old 04-05-2001, 09:51 AM   #6  
Eve's Mom

Default Boobs vs. Stretch marks...??

It was tough, but I went with the stretch marks - I hate them wiht a PASSION!!!!!!

WEll, this has moved to my chest. WEnt bowling for 1/2 hour last night with the b/f and nearly died. So I went home and went to bed with the second bridget jones book and a cup of neo citron. I don't know why I thought I could bowl in the first place?!! oh well... .

Interesting poll today!!

Well, I better mosey - I will be in slow mode today so I should get cracking on that work....I have resolved to take off tomorrow completely and see a doctor - I will still have 85.5 reg hours and 5 o/t (now lets see if I actually stay home!!)....or I could go today I suppose....

I feel so guilty when I don't work...

Belle
Old 04-05-2001, 10:30 AM   #7  

Good morning ladies!

Great poll, Kirsty! I voted for toned body, but I almost voted for bigger boobs (I know, shallow, but I am human!) or perfect skin. I don't really have acne now, but as a teenager I did, and it has left a little scarring on my face, I would love to have perfect, clear complexion.

When I was pregnant with my son (1998), at 32 weeks he was breech, so I had to have him turned, it took a long time, and he was a big baby (I had him 2 weeks early, and he was still 8 pounds 5 oz.) so, after the turning event, it left very deep stretch marks, scars just above my pubic bone (I know, TMI!) I hate them, but glad my underware and swimsuit cover them! I am sure they will never go away!!!

Belle ~ I loved your pic, you are so beautiful!!!! I am sorry to hear you don't feel good, my DH is sick with a cold too, I am sending you feel good <<VIBES>>!

Shalyne ~ I know what you and Kirsty mean about shaving, I would love to never do that either (I get to be a little lax in the winter, hey, who is going to see my legs anyway!)

Lola ~ I know what you mean, boy, there are so many things to change, but now that I have lost 35 pounds, there isn't as many things anymore, and I think as you get older (out of the teen, early 20's years) some things aren't as important anymore! (Like blonde hair, I am happy dying mine! )

Ali ~ Good luck with the term paper, it has been 8 years since I graduated college, but I still remember the lovely term papers!!

Kirsty ~ Have fun with your mum and sis, I love my family and enjoy being with them (heck, I work with my mom!) anyway, keep up your good eating habits, and it won't be a big deal waiting til next week to weigh in.

Well, I am writing a book today! Not much new here, working hard. It is suppose to rain here today, and looks like it outside. So, no walking outside today, but I plan on walking at the gym. I have been eating at the high range of my points, been really hungry lately, and have made some bad choices, I need to regroup. Summer is coming and I want to lose a few pounds more pounds. I went shopping yesterday and bought some really cute spring/summer clothes for work. I loved short sleeved tops and long skirts, I also love flowie, rayon dress pants, they are comfortable but dressed up.

Well, off to work, check in later!
Old 04-05-2001, 10:41 AM   #8  
Fed Up With Fat!!

Default Why do guys obsess over boobs?

My wish would be perky boobs. With all the up and down weight loss my boobs took abuse! Thank goodness for "perky looking" bras.
Well, I don't know if I'm going to WI tonight, I feel bloated all over thanks to lunch yesterday. I had a training class all day and they provided lunch. It was heavenly! I didn't eat dinner b/c of that lunch! I also forgot my WI clothes. So, I haven't made up my mind.
Tonight is our first meeting with the preacher for our "premarital counseling" It should be interesting.
Ok, I have to get back to work before my boss comes back.
Hello to everyone.
Belle: Awesome pic!!!!
Have a great day
Old 04-05-2001, 10:59 AM   #9  
Mom to 2 beautiful girls!

Default REMEMBER ME???

Yah, it's me. I have been attending a HUGE Pity Party....and guess who was the special guest... ME!!! Don't know if anyone noticed my absense.... but I have still been lurking. OH MAN, gaining last week really brought me down. I am going up and down and all over the place. Who says losing weight after being PG is easy. I feel like I am failing miserably. This time is so hard and I don't know why. Then on Sunday I came down with a tummy bug and didn't eat much at all until Tuesday. Maybe I was bloated Saturday and that made me gain... who knows. But I can't make excuses, because that doesn't fix a darn thing. Last night I was a single mom since hubby was gone. I exercised.. actually I did my Self Challenge Strength and Flexibility. Since I was sick earlier in the week, I could exercise.... and now my sinuses have gone haywire, so sometimes I am really stuffy. BUT, I will keep up with Month 2 of the Challenge. Month 2 is harder so I have to keep on top of it. I know, I am jsut rambling, but I need to vent my frustration and let you all know why I have been absent.

I debated long and hard about whether I could accept my self at this weight or not. The answer is NOT. I cannot let the weight I gained during PG get me down.... I remember the 199 days and want so desperately to get back there.... and lose MORE than that. Ughhhh.... but the last three months have been an up and down battle. I think I would be happier staying the same rather than doing the gaining/losing cycle!

Thanks for the vent!!

PS... Belle... you look great!!!
Old 04-05-2001, 11:03 AM   #10  
Scotland's finest export

Default welcome back jen!

vent away any time you like honey - that's what we're here for!
sorry to hear you're having a rough time weight wise. but i reckon if you're doing the self-challenge and eating OP then you'll be fine. it just takes time.
Old 04-05-2001, 11:09 AM   #11  
Running Babe

Default Hmmmm

Thank God, my paper is done!!! Anyhoo, well, I wish my skin was better... I have bad skin, but now that I am on Tri-Cyclen I am hoping it'll help.... Concealer is great too I also have the stretch marks all over the place it seems, but they're all ultra pale. You know what's weird? I like my boobs better now, even though they're only an 'A' cup, they used to sag, now they don't (I know TMI). I wish I had longer legs too.... My legs are short!!! But alas, I was given a strong solid muscular build, so I should be thankful for that.... ITA that strength training really lifts one's spirits, I love the muscle definition I am getting on my back. It's weird, I also look a heck of a lot taller now since I have lost weight. I am also getting my hair dyed on Saturday.

Gotta contact potential roomie 2... Be easier if his cpu wasn't broken, but I should be able to catch him on the phone tonight.

Kirsty: It's always nice weather here it seems when I am writing a paper

Tonya: next year I am taking a technical program (to become a paralegal) and will be glad not to do any more term papers (I hope anyway), it will mostly be assignments and learning about how to set up contracts and examine legal jargon(I am thinking of specializing in intellectual property, but I have a while to decide). I don't have the patience right now for law school (one day maybe).

Belle: I hope you feel better!

Shalyne: I am wearing a sweater right now which is WAYYYY tooo big... I should give it away, it's nice though.

Lola: ITA about the weight training, it is such a rush. It looks like I'll be pretty much living right downtown in Ottawa now.

Stacey: Yeah I am tempted to skip WI this week. I don't think I'll have a gain, but I'm not sure right now.. I'll go and see what happens.

Take Care!

Ali
Old 04-05-2001, 11:38 AM   #12  
Shopper Extraordinaire

I picked the perfect skin thing. I don't have acne but I just saw the movie "Someone LIke YOu" and Ashley Judd has that glowing flawless skin. I would love to have this. My friend laughed at me b/c Ashley Judd probably wishes for that kind of skin too. I mean I know a lot of makeup is used etc. but my wish would be to have her skin w/o all of the effort.
What is the Purple shop? Fill me in I have never heard of it! Anything with the word shop in it intrigues me

Shalyne- I noticed that you bagged up the clothes. I reccommend finding someone you know or may run into occassionally to give them too. I have a family at church that has 4 girls in it. I too have 3 sisters and we give all of our clothes to them . It is such a great feeling to see them benefitting from things that I wouldn't wear. I even give away things that I am wishy washy about b/c I know they will appreciate them way more then I will. Just a suggestion. If it is a classic look though Keep it b/c I regret to this day giving away a pair of black backless loafers b/c they are big this season. Oh well
Kirsty-Thanks I hope you are right about the scale thing! WE will find out tomorrow I guess. I'll let you know!
Ali-Congrats on your last all-nighter (for studying anyways ) Are you in undergrad or graduate school. What is you major?
Stacey-Have a blast at pre-marital counseling I would imagine that that is a bit intimidating. I hope all goes well for you and your future hubby
Jen-Glad your back I was on Hiatus for about a wk so we will get back into posting together! I have thought the same thing before about being content at my weight. Sometimes I like the way I look. My biggest concern is my health and that is what keeps me motivated. Think of it purely in the light of can you truly LIVE at the weight your at. THat always freeks me out b/c I want to have the energy to play with my kids (when I have them) and be active when I am 60. I hope that helps. It always works when I lecture myself
Lola- I was just curious as to whether or not you waited until you hit your goal to begin Weight lifting b/c now they say it actually burns extra calories. I just wonder b/c the myth that bulk will occur still worries me.
Belle-You are a beauty! I hope you start feeling better soon. I am the same way with being sick,sometimes. It is like you try to convince yourself that you are fine. Have you ever seen the "Friends" episode where Monica does that. It is hysterical "lol" I don't know if anyone watches it but it always cracks me up.
Tonya-Don't you love shopping. Spring clothes, purses and shoes are killing my budget lately! I am a maniac!
Well ladies I love posting again and I will check in in a bit!
Becky
P.S. Ali we were posting at the same time. Paralegal, Cool!
Old 04-05-2001, 11:47 AM   #13  
Shopper Extraordinaire

Default OOPS FORGOT TO MENTIONk!

I saw Nurse Betty and didn't really care for it . I am not into Renee Zelwegger(sp?) I hope she doens't ruin the Bridget Jones movie for me. She was great in Jerry Maguire but since I am not impressed. Also "Someone like YOu" was a cute movie. NOt amazingly great but worth seeing. I also wanted to respond the the HOllywood body obsession we see. I read that Elizabeth Hurley said in response to the fact that Marilyn MOnroe was a Size 12 That she would kill herself if she were that BIG!
I couldn't believe that she would openly admit her shallowness like that. Oh well. I do feel sorry for the youth of our society looking to Brittany Spears and Christina Aguilera for their body images. I mean we are at least old enough to realize that it is not "the Norm" although it still affects our self-image we are at least somewhat aware. O.k. Stepping off soap box
Becky
Old 04-05-2001, 11:48 AM   #14  
Eve's Mom

Default I give up!!

Becky - I have seen that friends episode and I have been compared to her...but I am giving up and going home after this meeting. I can't do it (captain!!). I have to leave and take care of myself. with a bottle of Nyquil and a good book. My mom is coming over to take care of me at 4 - give b/f a night off!!!

Stacey - I SO wish my boobs were perkier too! I hate mine, they are a bad shape, always have been!! But I think I hate the stretch marks more....its tough to decide!?

Tonya jen and Becky - thanks for the compliments!! that's awesome....and all the get well wishes....I better mosey - I just hope I don't have a "snot sneeze" in any of the meetings I am in - you know, where you sneeze and get a horrible surprise!? I did that with b/f this morning, it was oh, so sexy. I don't think he has ever wanted me more!!

Take care girls and see you all tomorrow. aNd for those of you who are too bloated or don't have time to WI, I hear ya....not today for me, maybe tomorrow!

Ali - woo hoo on your paper....

Belle.
Old 04-05-2001, 11:51 AM   #15  

Ooooh shopping! I want to go shopping! I need some new spring clothing... I only have a few nice spring/summer tops left that look decent. I'm having trouble figuring out where to shop tho... any suggestions? The last couple of times I've been to Lane Bryant I realized I really don't need to be there... Yay! The only other place I know I can find some things that I like usually is the Nordstrom Catalog and that of course is usually pretty expensive... Does anyone have any suggestions?
Closed Thread