Closed Thread

Old 04-05-2001, 02:12 AM   #1  
Blondie34

Question

Hi all, does anyone remember the recipe from around the eighty's for toast and ricotta cheese it was supposed to taste like a danish and it did. I remember you had to toast diet bread then you mixed the ricotta and sweet and low and vanilla spread it on the toast sprinkle with cinnamon and put under the broiler until it browned. Gee I think I remembered it after I started typing. I thing that is the right recipe if anyone remembers let me know. Dee

Old 04-05-2001, 10:19 AM   #2  

Hi - I still use that recipe but changed it a little. I toast a piece of cinnamon bread (Pepperide Farm). I use l/4 cup skim ricotta, a package of sweet n low, a dab of vanilla and some cinnamon. Mix and spread on top of toast. I eat it that way, but you could warm it if you like. One of my favorite breakfasts.
Old 04-05-2001, 10:44 AM   #3  
Blondie34

Thanks Ginaki I am going to try the raisin bread. I loved that for breakfast too. Did you figure the points for it. I am going to the store today I just remembered that recipe I haven't made it for a while. and I will calculate then if you know let me know thanks

Old 04-05-2001, 12:15 PM   #4  

Default Banana Toast

In my grandmother's old recipe journal I found a recipe for banana toast that is made with mashed bananas in place of the cheese. Just mash a banana with some sweet & low and a drop of vanilla or walnut extract is good for a banana bread flavor, spread on toast and then warm under broiler. I really enjoy this and appreciate you bringing it to mind.
Paige
Old 04-05-2001, 10:37 PM   #5  
Blondie34

Thanks Paige, I am going to try that too. I've been looking for my old weight watchers papers I have my bureau's all apart But I didn't find it yet I am interested in what year I last went I think It was in the 80's. There were a lot of good recipes in there I know I didn't throw them away But I have so much stuff accumulated I have to start getting rid of some I am a pack rat though. But it might burn some calories or at least keep me busy so I won't eat. Got to go just got home from work and I have to go in early in the morning. Thanks again for your recipe
Donna

Old 04-06-2001, 08:28 AM   #6  

Default Old Recipes Live

There are a lot of us out here with old recipes so all you have to do is ask and most will appear in minutes! Isn't that the idea? We're supposed to be learning a new way of cooking and eatting for life, but it says something about those of us who're "back" that we have to search and dig out those old recipes. Shouldn't they be part of our "regular" routine by now? I took that to heart last year and gave away a lot of fat filled cookbooks when I moved, and have only unpacked the WW and other Lite books on my shelf!
Have a nice weekend,
Paige
Old 04-07-2001, 05:56 PM   #7  
Blondie34

Hi I'll felt a little bad after reading your email., like I failed because I did not have my 20 year old recipes out' but I am proud of myself for going back I have to change the way I feel about eating and stop worring about what other people think about me and then eating because I feel bad about myself' my thinking is changing though. I've lost 21 lbs in 10 weeks and I feel good about myself. I do it day by day and I move on if I mess up a little once in a while.I just go forward.I have a lot of good recipes that are always handy I just remembered tho old ones and wanted to give them a try again. Thanks for listening. Hope you have a good weekend

Closed Thread