Old 04-06-2004, 10:59 PM   #1  
Thin Within

Arrow Steel Magnolias #14

GOOD EVENING MAGNOLIAS

It has been another wonderful day here and not much to say before a program that I want to see comes on. I am staying OP this week so do expect to see a loss come Thursday but I don't always get what I want.

JEAN I hope your foot surgery goes well and you don't have any complications that set you back. I imagine the wind can have such a chill in it this time of the year.

Type at ya'all later
Maggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2004, 02:52 PM   #2  

Good Afternoon, Flowers!
I am off to the post office to mail a child's book to someone I don't know. I got one of those blasted chain letters from a retired teacher friend -- this one is for grandmas to send on the letters and a book. I'm not obligated to send on the letters because said friend took all the grandmas that I know! I just did two recipe chains and did finally get two recipes, out of a possible 30+, one of which I already had.

It's a nice day here -- 72 degrees and the sun is shining. There is a slight breeze so it doesn't feel all that warm outside.

Our church is having a rummage sale to support the local church affiliated nursing home. I have one box full of vases and baskets that DH has sent flowers in over the years. I hate to part with them but yet if someone else has a use for them, that would be better than storing them here. I need to keep digging through some clothes that I haven't worn in the past year.

Maggie -- Thanks for starting the new thread. Hope you are having a great day!

I need to keep moving. See you later!

Jean -- in Iowa!
Jean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2004, 12:43 PM   #3  

Just peeking in to say "hello" and keep the thread from going to the next page.

Have a great day!

Jean -- from Iowa!
Old 04-08-2004, 07:58 PM   #4  
Thin Within

Arrow Weigh Day

GOOD EVENING MAGNOLIAS

It has been a lovely day this day. It is 78 degrees as I type at 5pm. It was "top down" all the way home from WW which is 37 miles down the mountain where I go. I showed a gain of under a pound which was expected because of my large loss last week. I did a good OP week but my body doesn't always co-operate but I will bash on regardless and not let that Iron Monster get to me.
Old 04-08-2004, 08:06 PM   #5  

Good for you, Maggie! I just noticed the little egg in the lower left hand corner of your post. How did that get there? Mine has a dot and says I'm invisible. I wish!

Enjoy the rest of your day!

J.
Old 04-09-2004, 01:08 AM   #6  
Thin Within

Arrow Back

JEAN I don't know about those eggs. Guess they light up when someone is on line.
Old 04-09-2004, 09:12 AM   #7  
Web Nana

GOOD MORNING MAGNOLIAS

I want to wish you all a very Happy Easter. Enjoy your day and I hope, also, that the weather cooperates.

We are going to DD#3 for the holiday and all local offspring are supposed to be there as well. Should be fun and loud with 7 kids and 1 teenager, if he shows up. You know teenagers....can't expect them to cut into their schedule just for a holiday!!!

Got the results of my mamogram and bone density tests. Mamogram was fine, thank God but the bone density test showed Osteopenia! Had to look it up and found it is the onset of osteoporosis! Went to Dr and was given a prescription for Fosamax! He said the treatment is the same for both and the Fosamax is supposed to slow down the bone thinning. May even rebuild but he could not promise that. Got to take it once a week....on an empty stomach with lots of water and stay erect for 1/2 hour. After that 1/2 hour I can eat and take my other meds. Going to be fun but glad it's not more than once a week. Had two falls this past year with no breaks so I guess I will have to be more careful. Tuff to get old but I guess it is better than the alternative.

I was also told that I had to be more active....duh!! This week I was able to walk 3 times for 1/2 hour each time. Twice I walked out side the mall. I don't like the sidewalks but I think with the weather getting better I will have to try and just be careful where I walk.

JEAN I never do follow up on those chains as when I did I never recieved anything.

MAGGIE Of course, that is what your body will do....loose one week and retain the next. Just keep up the good work and it will start being more of a consistant loss. Actually I dropped a lb. this week....maybe the walking! Hope! Hope! Hope!

FAYE Have you left for Vegas yet? Hope you have a great time there and enjoy the wedding.

Gloria in MA....DH is due back any minute and I need to get ready for another walk.
nanacas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2004, 01:16 PM   #8  

Talking

Good Afternoon, Flowers!
The sun is not shining today but the wind isn't blowing either so guess that is a good trade off. It's a chilly 45 degrees and doesn't seem very "springy" outside. I've been to the dreaded Wal Mart and grocery store this morning. I left at 8:30 to avoid the Friday crowd but will make a return trip, tonight, for all the things I forgot this morning. That's become a bad habit of mine and I even take along recipes with my list.

Gloria -- Happy Easter to you too! It's always nice to see your post. I'm sure you will have a nice day with your family! Everyone is coming to our house on Sunday. We usually go to early church but Beth wanted to go to the late service which will make dinner even later. I'm hoping Madaline will wake everyone up early enough to make it to early church. I've never heard of Osteopenia either. It's good that you've caught it early and can take something for it. My "mom" takes Fosamax but I don't recall that she takes it before she eats in the morning. I will have to ask. I can always think of so many excuses not to exercise when I know that I should. I wish we had a mall to walk in. Good luck!

DH just got home so I suppose he will be looking for something to eat for lunch.

Have a nice day, Flowers!

Jean -- from Iowa!

Last edited by Jean; 04-09-2004 at 01:26 PM.
Old 04-10-2004, 06:29 PM   #9  

I'm waiting for a load of laundry to finish also for Beth and family to arrive.

Hope you have a special Easter Sunday!

Jean -- from Iowa!
Old 04-11-2004, 05:26 PM   #10  
Thin Within

Arrow Sunday

GOOD AFTERNOON MAGNOLIAS

Hope everyone is having a lovely Easter day. I am sitting here chomping on one of the WW Furities and one of those little things sure lasts a long time and sipping a nice hot cup of hazelnut coffee. Since we don't have family near we went out for lunch at one of our nice restaurants here - not a chain - and had a great meal. I had a Fratitta which was delicious. It had lots of fresh veggies - broccoli, red onion, zucchini, and tomatoes in it along with atrichoke hearts and olives and feta cheese. All this was over a bed of scrambeled egg omlet like substance. Along with that they served large wedges of orange and ruby red grapefurit and a sliced half banana. YUM I will have that again one day for it was very points friendly.

Type at ya'all later
Old 04-12-2004, 06:24 PM   #11  

Good Afternoon!
I'm waiting for DH to get home from singing practice at church before I warm up the leftovers from yesterday. I don't know why but lately I my server is so slow in the evenings that I can never get here. Makes me !

It was a quiet day at school today with two of the four yahoos gone. It is amazing what a difference one less student in a classroom makes!

It was so hard to get up and get going this morning -- I just wanted to snuggle back under the covers. With daylight savings time, it is again dark when I get up.

Maggie -- Your Easter dinner sounds good!

I need to go and check the dryer. I'm catching up on laundry that I didn't get done over the weekend.

Hope you all have a nice evening and enjoy a terrific Tuesday!

Jean -- from Iowa!
Old 04-13-2004, 10:34 PM   #12  

Talking

Good Evening, Flowers!
I'm just checking in and posting to keep the thread from rolling onto another page where it will be harder to find. We figured up the number of class days left and there are 30! To end the semester is 4 days of final exams but they are open campus and with the seniors gone, it is pretty calm and quiet on those days.

Not much newsy from my corner of the world. DH is gone tonight and I am home alone. I need to do some ironing and regroup for tomorrow.

"Gma" -- You should be back . . . where are you?

Hope all is well with all of you. Have a wonderful Wednesday!

Jean -- from Iowa!
Old 04-14-2004, 11:03 AM   #13  

Kelly had a car accident a couple days before we came home but is fine just a couple tires and bent rims.

We had a spectacular time in Vegas. We did do some gambling, but for the most part did tons of sightseeing. It was so much fun. I am enclosing a bunch of pics. Anyone who hasn't been just HAS to go. You don't have to be a gambler to enjoy it (I did win $238 on one pull of a dollar slot machine though! lol)

Our refrigerator had started sounding like an Indy car ready to take off so we took the money and replaced it. It is so nice to have a fridge that is big enough and had lots of compartments etc. Our total cost including install and haul away was $711 which isn't bad. It has an ice maker and chilled filtered water inside the fridge. We didn't want a side by side and this was the only one we found that had the water that was a regular fridge.

Hope all is going well with you. I have a dirty house that needs attention and so much LAUNDRY to try and catch up on and of course everyday we seem to just add to it. Jack told me he would be glad to run around naked in the house if that would help. THAT MAN!

Here are a couple pics of wedding and yours truly. One is of me and my French "boyfriend" out for a bike ride (I guess I have to run along behind) and the other is my bil and I at the Venetian wearing gondolier hats. I think I look pretty good, but he looks like Little Lord Fauntleroy! The happy couple after the ceremony
gma22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2004, 08:46 PM   #14  

Talking

Good Evening, Flowers!
Today was the best day at school! The "threatening yahoo" has been sent away for a psych. evaluation and then will go on to a detention center that is a step above the slap-on-the-hand one where the delinquents usually get sent first. We, who work with him on a daily basis, are happy, happy, happy!

I'm doing some leftover laundry so DH will have enough clean clothes to get him into next week. After surgery tomorrow, I don't imagine I will feel like standing to iron for a few days.

"Gma" -- Thanks for sharing the great pictures! I'm glad you are safely home again . . . bet your fur people were glad to see you too! I'm sure you are enjoying your new refrigerator. I would have liked the water option but only found side by side models which were too big for my hole. I love the bottom freezer but know that we gave up refrigerator space . . . not quite sure why that has to be but it is. I was sorry to read about Kelly's accident -- that is scary.

I hear the dryer so better go fold some towels. Hope you all have a terrific Thursday!

Jean -- in Iowa!
Old 04-15-2004, 04:56 PM   #15  
Thin Within

Arrow Weigh Day Report

GOOD AFTERNOON MAGNOLIAS

I am one happy camper to be back OP for ole Iron Monstershowed me down 3.4 to bring my total loss so far this month to 8.6 which leaves me 1.4 to lose by June 3 to reach my 10 pound loss goal that I set for myself. Of course I will make a new goal when I do lose that 1.4 pounds. I like setting those 10 pound loss goals for it helps me keep on track.

FAYE thanks for sharing those pictures! What fun it looks like you had. And getting a new fridge when you got home. That one sounds great. Glad that your girl didn't get hurt in that accident. Scary for sure. Glad you are now home safe even if you do have to clean house.

JEAN I am so glad that Cowboy does the laundry and I don't have to pay any attention to that ole buzzer that always calls your name. I do the folding though. When the doctor told me to get a maid or have Cowboy pitch in ~ it was his choice to take over some of the chores and not get a maid. Like he does the "down" stuff. I do all the "up" stuff like cooking, dishes and counters etc. He does the laundry and the bathrooms and the floor. OH, and he does all the grocery shopping with a list I prepare for my menus. I have not been into a grocery store and I don't know how long. Am I spoiled or what! Life is good. And he doesn't complain. Plus this summer he is a volunteer unpire for the girls fast pitch soft ball and the older boys baseball. What fun we do have. I love going to those ball games. OH and he makes great coffee!

This is post #14 so whoever goes here next gets to start a new thread.