Old 04-05-2004, 10:32 PM   #1  

Default Back to Induction for Me!

Hey Everyone!

Well I decided over the weekend that beginning today it was back to strict induction for me. When I was in induction, the pounds seem to melt away. When I went off induction, it seemed to barely creep off. I started Atkins In January of this year, and as of today, I am 48 lbs lighter than I was then. Most of that came off during induction. I stayed on induction for almost 2 months. I felt better during that time than I have in a long time! So....it's official...as of this morning it was induction for me again! I have not strayed today, and I have faith that I can stay OP and get this weight off a little quicker than I have been able to the last few weeks. Everyone keep your fingers crossed for me. You all were my inspiration during induction before, and I look forward to your support this time! Thanks a lot Everyone!!!!!!

Lisa
Mrs H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2004, 10:52 PM   #2  
Goal by Aussie Summer!

I'm being as strict as possible, it seems to be the only way to go about it. Do anything half heartedly and you'll get half hearted results, I reckon.
RavenL33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2004, 11:38 PM   #3  
NO JUNK FOOD ZONE!

Thumbs up

Me too ladies!
I began last July and between then and October I went from 260 to 218. Since October I have been losing and gaining the same 6 lbs. Down to 214 - up to 220. Up and down, Up and down. I was (and am) making good food choices BUT I let my sweet tooth get the best of me. I lost the ability to ignore chocolate. Little cheats here and there. So now I am on week 2 with no sugar again and it is getting easier. Not getting on scale though cause TOM. But I will for my Sunday weigh in. I was 219 this past Sunday.
GOOD LUCK!!!
Kim in NJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2004, 08:40 AM   #4  
Baby Steps

The only thing different is I've added low carb yogurt (and that's cuz it's in the fridge and needs to be eaten so it doesn't spoil). But otherwise I'm going back to strict induction (buhbye sunflower seeds) also
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2004, 09:40 AM   #5  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Good Luck Girls !!

After Easter I will be starting induction again, no more LC pnut butter, no more LC chocolate, nodda..... I'm tired of not losing GROWL !!! haaaa.
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2004, 10:42 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 189/177/135

Height: 5'7

I am with you guys.... I gain 5 pounds last week during TOM and have lost all but 1.5 of it as of today. I just feel like I am floundering about with just a little bit more left to lose. I would like to be at goal weight by June which is 8 weeks away. I have 12 pounds left to lose and I swear it is kicking my butt, that is 1.5 pounds a week for the next 8 weeks, you would think it wouldn't be that hard.

I declare today as back on induction day..... whoo hoo (I hate meat)
Amyjo01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2004, 12:44 PM   #7  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

I am joining in - YET AGAIN!>...Every day I start off okay, every evening I seem to blow it!! What's with that? Every Monday I have new resolve - every weekend I start nibbling.....I know I can do Induction, cuz I did it before - for many months in fact.

Kim - I can relate to your scenario - lost most of my weight (35 lbs) in the first few months - then since about November have been slacking and of course gained back some weight while on holidays - trying not to undo everything. So need to lose another 8 lbs to get back where I was (to 185) then keep on going...down...down...down!!!!

So I am trying again - I know logically the first couple of weeks are the hardest and if I can get thru them I will be stronger in avoiding the carbs and cravings - just having trouble getting to that place as my body sees carbs (right now I can see some muffins sitting at the copier near my desk for anyone to grab) and wants to eat them!

I am trying to fill up w/water and have some pepperoni for later...wish me luck and send good vibes.

And keep up the good work for I need all the inspiration I can get!

Froufy

Last edited by Froufy; 04-06-2004 at 12:47 PM.
Froufy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2004, 01:03 PM   #8  
NO JUNK FOOD ZONE!

Froufy - ME TOO! Every Monday I am pumped....Every morning I am wonderful! But my downfall is not the muffins - it's the nightime munchies. I need something to occupy my time. So I am back in my decluttering mode - I threw out LOTS of stuff this AM.

I caved this AM and got on the scale and was happy to see that 218 number again even with TOM....so I KNOW INDUCTION WORKS!!! Maybe we should start an accountability topic for all of us old timers again re-focusing to induction to continue to lose?
Old 04-06-2004, 01:48 PM   #9  

Ok, don't kill me here but aren't we at some point supposed to get onto OWL? I know what you all mean about the losing and the gaining....I am in the same boat sometimes too but still I think that if we just stay on induction forever then when we reach goal what will happen then? We have to start adding some foods back into our diet don't we?

Maybe you don't mean "Induction", you just mean the 20 grams per day? The only thing I am doing differently now than induction is the nuts, alcohol (which I did a little during induction too) and 1 low carb bagel a week. I have been losing a pound a week which may not sound like much but if that keeps up then I will be at goal by summer.

Isn't this woe supposed to be a new "way of eating" not a diet where we just do it to lose the weight?
jane8760 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2004, 01:57 PM   #10  
Head Princess

I think you're completely right, Jane. But I also understand that induction is secure. You know exactly what you're supposed to do and not do and going back to it sometimes can help get you back in the right direction.

So yes, you have to move on and learn to live this, but I think it's ok to stop and go back to basics when you need that refresher.
StarPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2004, 02:00 PM   #11  

That's true I guess, I didn't think of it that way. Doesn't hurt to give yourself a little kick in the pants once in a while.
jane8760 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2004, 02:31 PM   #12  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

I guess we need to be specific - If I stay within the 20 carbs I am a happy camper, even tho I sometimes do eat a strawberry or two or some lc yogurt?

What I mean by Induction is actually just staying on plan: not taking a bit of a cookie, or the leftover pizza crust or the smidgen of macaroni and cheese left on the plate or the muffin at work...just staying on plan I guess - given whatever # of carbs you are comfortable with!

Froufy
Froufy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2004, 03:25 PM   #13  
Baby Steps

Ok. I just wrote a book here. So I erased it and I'm starting over so as not to bore ya all. Basically, I'm going to induction because I don't lose weight when I add sunflower seeds. Now maybe those react wrongly to my body and I need to add something else. I'm not sure. But until I drop a few more pounds (or at least firm up) then I'm sticking to induction. Maybe not as strict as I did when I first started. But it's induction all the same
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2004, 03:38 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 189/177/135

Height: 5'7

I have a fear of going off of induction to OWL.... I have really stayed below probably 30 carbs for the last month and the weight loss came to a screaching halt.... I really want to finish losing the weight before starting OWL so I guess I will stay at 20 carbs and below until I get where I want to be. I too will probably keep eating the nuts on occasion, still haven't drank any alcohol, have completely stayed out of the potatoes, bread no processed sugar, fruit... well basically haven't gone off program except for caffiene.
Amyjo01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2004, 05:56 PM   #15  
NO JUNK FOOD ZONE!

Well considering that 10 years ago I went from 200 to 128 and was very faithful to my eating plan throughout my whole weight loss process.... but when I tried to add back a few things I gained and gained and gained.... I don't really ever plan to get to OWL where I will be eating 50 carbs a day. It just won't happen unless I exercise for 3 hours a day! BUT - Like Froufy, when I mean induction I mean sticking strictly to plan - NO SUGAR, NOT MORE THAN 24 carbs a day! Only SF Jello as a treat (I noticed the Divinci syrups were very bad for me because I got the good flavors which caused my sugar cravings to come back in full force). I am allowing myself a small handful of nuts every 4th day - but that's it.

I just need to conquer my internal sugar beast and I feel much better on the induction list of choices. Also - when I am on induction I have never made it to the purple end of the stick - I am always moderate - so I know I am not killing my bidy in ketosis. Eating this way just really helps me manage my appetite better and I enjoy my food choices. I don't really like breads, bagels, rice or pasta - don't miss it at all.... But if I allow my body a small piece of even low carb chocolate - I can't stop at one! I know it sounds crazy but I don't drink at all so I wonder why some people choose to have 7 carbs in alcoholic drinks. To mean that's a waste of carbs.....but again, it's all what we crave both emotionally, socially and physically.

I envy people who can move to moderation in ANY eating plan. It's what we should all be striving for...but I was devasted as I went from 128 to 135 to 152 to 170 to 198 to 220 and then after my pregnancy settled in at 250+ for the last 7 years. It's a horrible experience.... and if living on induction means I will learn moderation because of it - than that's what I will do. At least now I can continually get back to something - as I was gaining 10 years ago I had no plan to "get back to" to get me in the right frame of mind.