Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-04-2004, 01:33 PM   #1  

Default lowfat and lowcarb?

Has anyone tried a lowfat, lowcarb diet and what are your thoughts? What are the ratios? I don't want to go too lowcarb, maybe under 100 grams a day.
ebeth2210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2004, 02:12 PM   #2  

I know that this doesn't really answer your question but I tried the south beach diet which is low carb. It worked really well until I hit a standstill.
Then I switched to low fat. That kicked everything into gear.
BlueAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2004, 02:18 PM   #3  
WW Moderator

It's difficult and potentially dangerous to do a low fat and low carb diet. You are left with protein as your main source of food. Your better bet is to even it out a bit.

100 grams of carbs isn't really considered low carb. You will probably get 1-2 servings of carbs at each meal with that ratio, which is fairly balanced. You can do a general low fat diet with more emphasis on vegetables and lean meats, which will lower your carb intake. Also, try and eat good carbs such as brown rice, fruit, whole wheat bread (with at least 3 grams of fiber per slice) and low or no added sugar. This will keep your fiber intake up, which is very important to your digestive track.

South Beach Diet and Sugar Busters are both diets that probably fit this description. Have you been to those forums?
Jennifer 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2004, 12:32 AM   #4  

Tough one. Low Fat diet you need the carbs to get through the day and Low Carb you need the fat for the day. How about worrying about eating the complex carbs and and watching how much high-glycemic foods you are eating. not worrying about the other stuff. It works for me. Lean meats, veggies, all fruits, dairy 3 times a day and the complex carbs like high fiber cereal and whole wheat breads. I think that you could have the best of both worlds this way. After being on a low carb for nearly 3 years...this is what I have come up with.
Good Luck and keep us posted!
MQ
MotivatedQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2004, 10:13 AM   #5  

for all your responses.
I have checked out the SBD boards.
ebeth2210 is offline   Reply With Quote