Closed Thread

Old 04-01-2004, 10:23 AM   #1  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Default Monthly update - March results

Time for our monthly progress report

How did every do in March. Did manage to achieve any of last months goals, ie. loss, exercise or new habits?

What are your plans for April?
Old 04-01-2004, 10:50 AM   #2  

I've reached the big Hawaii 5 - 0, finally. I was stuck at 174 for 2 weeks, up to TOM, then it all came off literally overnight. Just retaining fluids, I guess. Fifty pounds gone. Being fat is starting to feel like it was all just a bad dream. Except for the embarrassing pictures.

For April, I'm working on details, like firmiing up my chest, I hope, and my stomach muscles. I need to strengthen my wrists for my golf game, get my mile pace up from 14 minutes per mile (embarrassing), and gain some flexibility. My posture could use some work, too. And I could always use more breath, as I have one working lung with occasional asthma.

My big overall goal for the next few months is fat loss while maintaining muscle. This comes down to eating more to preserve the muscle, and cutting out even more fat and sugar. I find both weights and cardio harden me up, so that's all good. I'm eating about 1500 - 1800 calories per day, and I definitely don't feel hungry. I would also like to learn to really swim this year, not just flap around in the water. My brother wants to teach me skin diving, and they both want me to go on a kayak/diving trip with them.

My big problems at this point are injuries, especially to tendons/ligaments, and muscle soreness/stiffness. That's a real sticking point. I have a gift certificate for massage I could use, also hot baths, stretching, and aspirin. I'm switching off my exercises from day to day, as well. But I could really use some tips in this area. Thanks, everybody!!!
Old 04-01-2004, 11:25 AM   #3  

Well, I started on March 8 so without even a full month of effort I have lost 7 lbs. The SBD program is the easiest one I have ever done.

Now, during April, I hope to add some exercise . . . it is a little bit of a challenge as I have exercise-induced asthma so I have to be careful about overdoing it. However, it isn't an excuse to do nothing at all!

SeekInnerThinChick--Good for you! You are an inspiration with those 50lbs. Hey, we didn't put it ON overnight, right?

It's a new month everybody. Let's be able to look back at the end of it and see how far we have come!
Old 04-01-2004, 04:13 PM   #4  
a brave new me...

Arrow Well

I've sort of hit my half way point, with the original goal of losing 20-25 pounds by June. I've lost about ten since the beginning of the year. Now if I can just focus on shed another ten I won't look like the Pillsbury Dough Boy in my swim suit

I have to confess that I have gone tanning several times... I just look so much better with a tan, and slimmer too. If I had a normal amount of sunlight and weren't trapped indoors so much, I would normally have beautiful dark skin instead of this pasty white.
Old 04-02-2004, 06:53 AM   #5  
living, breathing, moving

S/C/G: 230/170/135

Height: 5*5ish

Last month I started incorporating a half hour of exercise a day. and it is a habit now that i want to do instead of loath. my eating habits continue to evolve into a more natural diet. i don't know for sure what my monthly poundage was. i have been losing fat off the body but not pounds. so i am not too worried about it. I also started back to school to get my bachelors. i thnk last month was mainly conquering mental blocks for me that have kept me back in the past.I am learning how to live a healthy life instead of yo yo dieting.
sounds like we are all making progress.
Old 04-02-2004, 11:21 AM   #6  

Seekinnerthinchick- congratulations on hitting the 50lb mark

Socal, Sojo and blugrrl - great going on the weight/bodyfat losses and your lifestyle changes

Well I am feeling better about things than I was a month ago. I am now exercising every morning for 30 minutes in addition to my twice weekly dance classes. I fell a bit more toned now and have started working out with some handweights to try to get my arms tightened up.

I am only 10 lbs away from my Weight Watchers goal and hope to reach it by June.

I have managed to break free of my chip and buttertart addictions!
Old 04-02-2004, 11:38 AM   #7  

Quote:
Originally Posted by mauvaisroux
Seekinnerthinchick- congratulations on hitting the 50lb mark.....

I have managed to break free of my chip and buttertart addictions!
(Does Elvis impersonation): "Thank you, thank you very much"

What's a buttertart?
Old 04-02-2004, 12:41 PM   #8  

Buttertarts= a little piece of heaven

Canadian Butter Tart
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup shortening
1/2 teaspoon salt
5 tablespoons ice water
1 cup packed brown sugar
1 egg
1/2 tablespoon butter
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 tablespoon hot water
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
1/2 cup raisins

1 Fill a cup with ice and water.

Sift the flour and salt into a bowl. Cut in the shortening to make pea-size pieces. Add the tablespoons of ice water from the cup until dough holds together. Form the dough into a ball. The dough is now complete. Put it into a plastic bag or wrap it up and refrigerate for at least 15 minutes.

Roll the dough between two sheets of waxed paper. Cut the shells using a large glass or your smallest pot. You should have about 12 shells when finished. Put these shells into a greased muffin or tart pan.

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).

Put walnuts on baking pan and roast for 5-10 minutes, until brown. Remove from oven and set temperature to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C).

Fill the bottom of each tart shell with about 10 raisins each.

Whisk together sugar, egg, butter, vanilla and hot water. Add walnuts. Pour mixture into tart shells, filling 2/3 full and no more.

Bake in 450 degrees F (230 degrees C) oven for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.

Let cool before attempting to remove. Makes 12 tarts.

****I don't like the walnuts in them. You can also use Pecans....
I find them a bit like pecan pie but a bit runnier and not as sweet.

Tim Horton's sells them up here not sure about in the U.S.
Closed Thread