Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Closed Thread

Old 03-31-2004, 07:34 PM   #1  

Angry new and help needed!

I am completely new here. first post. I have had this problem since last summer, when I started living alone. I feel hungry all the time, but I feel guilty eating too. I have been eating and throwing out very often. I am definitely an impulsive eater, whenever I feel nervous, I turn to food. And since I am working on things that I do not really like, and all the pressure...

Any suggestion? I know Dr. Phil's book, but I just feel desperate and nervous, and if not snacking, i can not keep working, and I still have to work...

I even tried diet pills, not working,
eating healthily, but still hungry, and can't help snacking...
Sorry, i am so desperate that I do not know how to say it.
Old 03-31-2004, 10:15 PM   #2  
Countess Walks-on-Water

Hi bbway - Not sure I have any answers for you, but this is a good place to discuss our problems. I understand totally about the nervous eating. I seem like such a calm and together person on the outside, but on the inside, I'm usually a wreck and food is my anesthetic. I'm trying to understand my triggers and find new ways to deal. I haven't read Dr. Phil's book, but am looking into other books on compulsive eating.

Join us in our daily thread. I've been here for only a couple of weeks, but I'm feeling better and inspired!
Old 04-01-2004, 06:51 PM   #3  
WW on-line since 1/1/2009

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'5"

Welcome, bbway....I also am a big emotional eater, so I know where you're coming from.

IMHO, Dr. Phil is a pompous windbag. I don't think he has any advice whatsoever that's relevant to a person with an eating disorder. I urge you to ignore him. If you're looking for books, Geneen Roth is a good author. Also, head for www.12step4coes.org. It has great links to OA materials, including online meetings.

Keep coming back!
Old 04-04-2004, 11:17 AM   #4  
Pending Email Confirmation

i would say that everyone has a dif. opinion on what works. doesn't mean you should shoot down someone's just because it isn't the same as yours. you sound like my mother-in-law.

bbway, i do not really have any spectacular life changing advice for you. all i can offer is that you should go w/ what you think will work best for you. do some research on dif. diets. like atkins, south beach, doctor phil, weight watchers, etc.. and after doing proper research.. then choose what you think would best work for you and your life style. hth.
Old 04-04-2004, 03:48 PM   #5  
WW on-line since 1/1/2009

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'5"

That's why I put "IMHO" in front of it. It's my OPINION.

Take what you want and leave the rest.
Old 04-04-2004, 06:48 PM   #6  

Hi bbway,
I can completely relate to you. When I first moved into my own apartment, I was so lonely I binged non-stop and gained over 40lbs in 3 months. I've been a yoyo dieter for the last five years but seem to have finally cracked the cycle. I've been binge-free for the last 4 months and am 5lbs shy of goal but some days are still a real struggle when all I can think about is what I'm going to eat next. Luckily these days are becoming less frequent. What really helps me is keeping a food journal and just distracting myself when I feel an urge to binge. Coming online to a board like that is a real good distraction! In my opinion anyway...Good luck!!
Old 04-05-2004, 08:31 AM   #7  

Height: 5'-2"

Hi, bbway. Have you talked to your doctor about this? She/he might have some suggestions.
I can't suggest any books, because I haven't reached that stage yet, but I'd take a look on the Internet... there should be all kinds of reputable books on the subject.
In any case, we're here for you for support anytime you need it.

Jennelle, IMHO, I would have to agree with you. heh heh.
Old 04-05-2004, 11:41 PM   #8  
Pending Email Confirmation

oh. alrighty. i see the light now. um.. yeah.
Closed Thread