Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 03-31-2004, 08:50 AM   #1  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Talking Wednesday, March 31st Chat

Good Morning All,

Well yesterday I did go to the foot doctor, he said I had Plantar Fascia:

This heel pain actually comes from the plantar fascia, a thick fibrous tissue that runs below the muscle, from the ball of the foot to the posterior edge of the heel, providing arch support. With each step you take, the fascia tightens and allows the foot to push off the ground. Repeated stress to this tissue from overuse causes micro-tears and inflammatory changes. Over time, the usually elastic fascia becomes stiff and prone to further injury, thus setting up a vicious cycle of recurrent pain.

He said to do certain exercises and said I could have injections NOT NO WAY GET OUT!!!! We discussed orthotics and stuff. He said after 6 months if its worse he would suggest surgery (NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'll live w/the pain).

So that was my exciting day lol.

Whats shaking in your world ???
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2004, 11:00 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

Good Morning Leenie and the rest of our gang!

I don't know if you remember or not, but a year or 2 ago I had the exact same thing. I started doing things differently, like stretching my foot before I got out of bed, and wearing different shoes and did less walking exercise and more bike riding and "gliding" where I was not pounding my foot and eventually the pain went away. It probably bothered me for at least 6 months but is much better now. I hope your foot pain works itself out too. I understood that surgery was always a last resort for plantar fascia? There is a lot of good info on the internet about plantar fascia, but I'm sure you're already reading about it.

It is beautiful in Louisiana again today - exactly like yesterday! But it is suppose to be raining on Saturday and I am giving my niece a bridal shower on that day (of course). I sure hope they are wrong and that is beautiful like it is today. I may need to haul all my stuff on Friday so I'm not doing that in the rain on Saturday, but I will wait until Friday to decide on that.

Can you believe that tomorrow is April 1st! wow! time flies! anybody got any good april fools jokes planned for tomorrow? I sure would like to get all my guys good, but I can't think of a thing!

I need to work on this stack of paperwork.

later gaters,
cathy
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2004, 11:01 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

Default Kemp???

Hey? where in the world is Kemp?
anybody heard from her?
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2004, 11:12 AM   #4  
CIN

Hi Gals,
Leens.I went to the Dr for that a couple months ago.They gave me a boot to sleep in.........yeah right......it is almost impossible. I did do the exercises and they helped a lot. I hobbled every morning and every night after being off my feet..............and it went away as fast as it came! weird.isnt it?

They told me after 6 months they sometimes cast the foot to stretch it............I am just thankful it quite hurting. It reoccurs more when I wear flat shoes.

Tomorrow I have to help move one of the WW locations from one location to another......3 women and a truck and it is supposed to rain.........so...does that sound like fun or what? I invited my 2 grandaughters for the day and night..............forgetting about this.they will just ride along and help!

I am home today catching up on laundry and ironing. You know you need to do laundry when you are down to one pair of panties !

We are going somewhere this weekend to celebrate our 33 anniversary. More than likely Cincinnati.

Later gals
Cin
CIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2004, 01:47 PM   #5  

Good morning everyone

DH & I got back from our trip yesterday.....had a real nice time.....met the future in laws. I ended up not being on my program....just too hard when you are away....we ended up eating out a lot.....but am back on plan today.

Leenie.....I have a heel spur....have worn an orthotic for many years on & off.....the only thing is....the orthotic makes my foot slide forward....am not wearing it now.

I am unpacking today, doing laundry....have to go out to buy some milk & fruit.

April
april99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2004, 03:04 PM   #6  

Hi! Taking a break from the game-playing (love them, btw) to ask a serious question--did any of you have a significant weight gain (4-5-more lbs.) when/if you started taking meds for depression? I started taking Lexapro 3 weeks ago, joined a gym the same day (and actually going and working my butt off!!), been eating decently, and have STILL gained weight (4 lbs. to be exact). Just wondered if the meds could be responsible, but didn't think to ask my Dr. when I went in for my follow-up visit.....

Thanks (and thanks for letting me join in on the games!!),

Cheryl
4myloves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2004, 04:23 PM   #7  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Hi Cheryl,

Welcome !!!!

I never had any problems with weigh being on meds but I do know so many people do. Good idea to talk to your Dr. about it. But keep a close eye on it and if it gets out of control b/4 your next visit don't wait, call him/her right away.

Now on another note, you just joined a gym, so you probably are gaining muscle. I know it sucks to see those numbers go up but when its muscle its good. Muscle will help you burn more calories in the long run. I bet thats what it is.

HUGS !!!! glad your having fun w/the games
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2004, 01:26 AM   #8  
Rattie Lover

Hi girls!!

Sorry haven't popped in until now...I got real busy around here then headed off to bowling. I bowled a 190 174 and a 220!! A Clean 220 too!! Yippee!!

These next few days are going to be crazy..It's crunch time for the tournament...then a BBQ and card night..then packing for vacation and hitting the road. I'll pop in when I can though!!

Have a good night... **hugs**
Noodles913 is offline   Reply With Quote