Old 03-31-2004, 08:25 AM   #1  
Baby Steps

Default Wednesday 3/31

Yes, it's the last day of March. April fools day is tomorrow. But at least that means it's one day closer to Friday! I'm all for that!
OH!!! I stepped on the scale this morning (I know, I'm not supposed to do that ) and it says I'm down 2 pounds. Now if only it STAYS off!! Then the stall is gone again. WOOHOO!! Looks like the oomph is doing it's trick. Now if only I could sleep through the night again!! I've got too MUCH oomph! 1:00 am and I was WIDEEEEE awake. How unfair it that? I was tired but not tired, ya know? So of course being the lazy slug that I am (and given it was still NIGHTtime) I layed there in bed. I got to watch 3:00 roll around. UGH. I finally fell asleep and got a few more hours. Now my body doesn't know if it should be tired or awake.

Have a great day people!!!
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2004, 08:39 AM   #2  

Mornin Brenda: way to go....told you it would come off! Sorry you couldn't sleep last night. I am not the worlds best sleeper either so I can totally relate. Try to go to bed early tonight....take a bath, read a book....

Well, I also hopped on the scale this morning even though Friday is my official weigh in day and I was down another 1 pound. I seem to lose on Wednesday and then level off by Friday. Who cares!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I am now 156!!!!!!!!!!!!!!WOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOO

I can't believe I actually think that number is GREAT!

I am really getting excited now.....I can smell 145 and it smells GOOD!
I feel very skinny today too. I had to take my favorite black slacks to the tailors to have a new zipper put in and I was afraid that they would have to take them in a little for the new zipper and then they wouldn't fit. Put them on this morning and they fit like a glove! I am so happy. I had her take in another pair of pants too and still have one more to drop off!

Shopping last night didn't go as planned. I couldn't find anything that I really liked. I didn't even try anything on. A couple of my favorite stores in the mall are being renovated so they were closed But I did get to Old Navy and bought a crop of new t-shirts. Scoop neck skinny girl shirts! no, they are larges really but Old Navy is for the young kids so I figure a large in their stuff is really a medium in womans.
I am wearing a black one this morning with my black pants and my tan Jones of New York jean jacket.

I feel good...na na na na na.....I knew that I would...na na na na na

Have a good day everyone. I will check in with you all later.
jane8760 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2004, 08:44 AM   #3  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Good Morning Skinny Minny's

You two really give me the will to go on. I got on the scale this morning also and I am down 2 lbs too. So Finally I have lost that 3 lbs from christmas, can you believe it. I think alot has to do w/dang sugar alcohols and pepperoni

I'm allll by myself today at work and LOVING IT!!!

How's everyone ?
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2004, 08:48 AM   #4  
Moderator & Happy Chick

I went to the foot doctor yesterday and this is what I have. He suggested if it doesn't heal after 6 months surgery.......... YEAH RIGHT!!! NOT.

This heel pain actually comes from the plantar fascia, a thick fibrous tissue that runs below the muscle, from the ball of the foot to the posterior edge of the heel, providing arch support. With each step you take, the fascia tightens and allows the foot to push off the ground. Repeated stress to this tissue from overuse causes micro-tears and inflammatory changes. Over time, the usually elastic fascia becomes stiff and prone to further injury, thus setting up a vicious cycle of recurrent pain.
Old 03-31-2004, 08:50 AM   #5  

Good Morning!
Well, I survived cookie theme night at the cooking club! Stayed the entire time, even while people were eating, and didn't try a single one. I spent a good half an hour with my fingers covered in melted butter and brown sugar and I didn't even lick it off. And I actually had a good time. Still sort of reeling from the fact that I don't have any work I should be doing right now. It's great. I've got a busy day today, but it's the good kind.

Brenda- Congratulations on the possible end to the stall!

Jane- Good for you on the lb. No wonder you look so good in your clothes. I am in school right now. I go to Brandeis in Waltham. I wish I could say that summer's going to be better, but my plans right now involve 2 semesters of Organic Chemistry in 3 months, so I'll take a lull where I can get it.

Leenie- Well, it seems like everyone's loosing! That's great. Any chance you can pass some of that this way?

Have a good day.
Abbie
Genghis Cohen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2004, 09:02 AM   #6  
Moderator & Happy Chick

GC to you for not having the cookies, wtg lady !!!
Old 03-31-2004, 10:11 AM   #7  
Movin' and Losin'

Wow! We've got a bunch of losing ladies on our hands!

Brenda: Congrats on the breaking the stall!!

Jane: Another loser! WTG!!

Leenie: Yet another loser!! Congrats to you, too!

Abbie: Great job at avoiding cookie night! You have so much willpower! WTG!

Well, I think I made up for my lack of exercise while my dad was here. Last night, I did a 5-mile trek on the beach. It felt so good, and it was so beautiful. Today, I'll see what I can do. I might have been a little over zealous last night, but it was one of those times when I didn't even realize I was exercising because I enjoyed it so much. I'll still try to do at least a couple of miles today.

I'm quite excited about my newfound cooking skills, too! Last night, I made creole-seasoned tilapia. The best part, after the fish is sauted, you add garlic to the remaining butter and spices, and then pour that over the top -- YUM!! I love garlic. I also made oven-roasted asparagus, which turned out quite tasty as well, if I do say so myself!

Yuck! Lots of work to do today. I wish I didn't have to work. Wow. That sounds lazy, huh? But, can you imagine? Having each day to do what you wanted? Ahh... that would be the life! (Of course the key here is still having a nice income without the job. Is that possible??? If so, sign me up!!!)

I hope everyone has a great day. Keep up the losing, ladies!

Take care,
Jina

Last edited by jdoggmartin; 03-31-2004 at 11:07 AM.
jdoggmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2004, 10:17 AM   #8  

Brenda: Congratulations on finding your OOMPH! and getting out of your stall. Now that I am back in strict Induction (Day 2) I am completely exhausted. I cannot wait to get the wonderful energy all you ladies talk about!!

Jane: YAY!!! for fitting into the clothes you want to. I'm sorry shopping was not a success. It must feel super getting closer and closer to the size you want to be.

Leenie: I am so sorry about your foot. Hopefully it will clear up in the next few months so surgery won't be your only recourse!!! Congrats on losing the 2 pounds!! What a good feeling.

Abbie: Way to go on the willpower!! You are amazing! I don't think I could have stood for being around all those and not eating a single one!

I feel like total this morning. I am sleeping like a dead person at night and even occasionally snoring which I never did before!! I am giving into it though and drinking tons of water and liquids and sleeping when I feel I need to. I went to Web MD and it says that during significant weight loss (fifty pounds or more) until your body adjusts you need more sleep. It also says that as you lose fat your body gains energy and you find yourself getting less but more restful sleep. Innnttteerresstting I say!!

Well today is the Changing of the Wills. That in and of itself won't be stressful. Informing my mom she no longer gets my daughter when my ex and I die will be stressful!

Have a good day all!!!!
southerngirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2004, 10:59 AM   #9  
Head Princess

Good morning, darlings!

Brenda - yippee for the weight loss!

Jane - yippee for the weight loss and the clothes!

Leenie - super yippee for the weight loss and OY! for the foot problem.

GC - what a display of super-human control! Fantastic job!

Jina - I knew you'd get right back on track! And the tilapia sounds divine! Now I'm hungry!

Southerngirl - Good luck on the Changing of the Wills. That doesn't sound like fun!

My pre-op went pretty well yesterday. I found out that I can only have lasik on my right eye because there's not enough tissue for it on my left eye. The left eye has to have PRK which is basically the laser part of the surgery without cutting a flap first. That way they have more to work with. The drawback is that it also means more pain. So my weekend plans are cancelled since I'm told to expect to be at home popping Tylenol 3 for a couple of days.

I'll still be able to see, though. So it's all going to be worth it!

Hope everyone's having a great day!
StarPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2004, 11:07 AM   #10  
Mouth of the South

I don't have time for personals right now, but I wanted to wish everyone a great day . I am no longer hung over, and I won't be drinking cheap wine any time soon! (maybe next week)

Everyone have a blessed and thinner day!
Catgirl67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2004, 11:47 AM   #11  
Total Sass Bucket

Morning All!!!!!

Wow, I've had a busy morning and didn't get time to post before school started. I just wanted to thank everyone for the hugs and well wishes from yesterday.

Brenda: Congrats on the weight loss!! Yippeeee!!!

Jane: You are having one of those " I'm one hot mamma days!! Enjoy it!! YOu deserve and you DO look GREAT!!!!

Leenie: Congrats on the 2lbs. Sorry to hear about the foot. Do they REALLY expect you to continue to be in pain for 6 more months? Aren't doctors crazy sometimes?

Genghis: Congrats on staying away from those cookies! That's awesome! Good luck with the organic chemistry. I hated it. The only summer class I took was a Cell and MOlecular Biology class... it ran for 3 weeks... it was INSANE. We had 8 lab reports due during that time that were about 20 pages each... not fun. Soooo good luck! I definitely don't envy you!

Jdogg: wow 5miles... my hips start to hurt after about 3 miles of walking... I've never figured out why. Way to go!

southern girl: good luck, I'll say a quick prayer for ya!

Star: Ugh, I'm sorry your surgery is going to be more painful than anticipated.... Hang in there!!

Well, I've been a grading fool this morning. I had 3 classes take a test between last hour yesterday and first and second hour today... got them all graded!! Woo HOo! Weighed in this morning and it looks like most of the weight I had gained during my off time has dropped. I was pretty sure it was water with how bloated I felt. Thank Goodness! Now I can work on LOSING new weight... not weight that I had gained back. Whew.
Well, the BF and I were going to buy a pet hedgehog this weekend (I wanted a male one named Gordy) but his computer monitor went out and he had to spend 200 bucks on a new one..... so we're going to NOT spend any excess money for a couple of months to make sure we're back on track financially. Wise.... but... I want a hedgehog!!!!!!
Shimma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2004, 12:20 PM   #12  

Shimma: A HEDGEHOG???????? How do you keep a hedgehog as a pet? Aren't they kind of big? Congrats on the loss.

Star: I am sorry too that your surgery is going to be more complicated. I hope you won't be too uncomfortable on the weekend. Just keep telling yourself you will have perfect vision when this is all done.

Catgirl67: glad you are feeling better today.

southerngirl: that is really interesting about the sleep and weight loss thing. I guess your body is working so hard to adjust.....hhhhmmmmmm. good luck with the wills.

jdoggmartin: Don't you just love to cook. I am a really picky eater but I will cook some of the coolest things for my dh. I like to make them I just don't like to eat them

Genghis Cohen: A friend of mine used to belong to a cooking club. It always sounds like such fun. I don't know how you avoided the cookie dough! Congrats.

Leenie: Will rest or anything help your foot? I hope you don't end up having to have surgery. Congrats on the 2 pounds gone!!!!!!

Well it is off to lunch for me. I made a mexican chicken salad for lunch today....yummmmm.

I forgot to mention that it is my dh birthday today and I am taking him to a really nice restaurant for dinner tonight. I am not worried about what I will have, but I will have to have them leave the bread off the table or I will be in big trouble. Some wine will be consumed I am sure. You know how birthdays are
jane8760 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2004, 12:32 PM   #13  
Total Sass Bucket

Jane.... tell me you wouldn't fall in love with this little guy... especially if he were named Gordy!!!

Of course, I also have a rat and a pirahna so maybe my idea of good pet is skewed.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg hedgehog.jpg (8.4 KB, 35 views)
Old 03-31-2004, 12:32 PM   #14  
I'm a Jovi Girl

S/C/G: 225/169.5/140

Good Morning All!

I am having another really busy day today, so I cant post too personal today!

Star - Im sorry that you are going to have more pain than anticipated But thinnk about how much better you will see after it is all done! I be sending you good vibes!!

WOO HOO to all the losers! You are doing awesome!

Jane - Girl you are doing SOOO awesome! And you are so close! I can taste it for you too! I cann ot wait to be that close too!

As for me, I got up and went to the gym today at 5 am again. I am loving this pre dawn stuff. I get more done during the day this way! Got my run in and did my lower body and weights! Yea Me!!

Well, off to get some stuff done.. got a lot going this week... Ill check in later if I can
KarenW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2004, 12:38 PM   #15  
Total Sass Bucket

more hedgehog pics.... oh and Jane... they only usually get to be about 1/2 a lb to a lb and about 3-5 inches
Attached Images
File Type: jpg HH2.jpg (11.9 KB, 27 views)
File Type: jpg HH3.jpg (7.6 KB, 25 views)