Weight Loss Surgery If you've had it, or are considering it, share your discussions here

Old 03-30-2004, 01:59 PM   #1  

Thumbs up It's a Go!

For some reason I've had this overwhelming fear that one of the pre-op tests would come back all wanky and I wouldn't be able to have surgery. Silly - probably, but nerve-wracking nonetheless. Anyway, yesterday I had my pre-op appointment with the surgeon and the PA and everything was great. I am in surprisingly great health for a woman of fluffy proportions. I am really and truly having lapband surgery next Tuesday morning - one short week away. I didn't have to have a psych evaluation either. Do they know who they are dealing with here?

I also took a class called "Embracing Change" yesterday that was pretty good. I'm looking forward to taking more of this woman's classes. Don't you hate it though, when you get into a situation where there's one person who just always has to interrupt a speaker and draw attention to themselves? I would have gotten much more out of this class if one of the women in the group would have just SHUT UP!

Ok, rambling now - just nervous!
Wish me luck!
Chickadee
Chickadee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2004, 02:08 PM   #2  

Best of luck to you Chickadee!
mistyseas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2004, 03:01 PM   #3  
Old Cackler

you're just as normal as the rest of us, chickadeedeedear.. for whatever it's worth!!!!

and tell THAT WOMAN to stop sucking the air out of the room. if she needs that much one on one attention, she can pay for counseling!!!!

hi there misty.. how's it going????

one more week. one more week. one more week.
jiffypop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2004, 04:33 PM   #4  
Hang In There

Talking

WOW!!! Only one more week! Hang in there and soon you will be on the "other side"
ageoldie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2004, 10:49 PM   #5  

chickadee- Way to go, 1 week will fly by, I'm so excited for you. I stressed over my psych eval, but she was the nicest though. You'll be in my thoughts and prayers for a safe and speedy recovery
Hugs
Karen
smtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2004, 08:01 PM   #6  

Oh Chickadee! You are now down to 3 more days and then the BIG DAY!!!! Kind of like winning the World Series!!!!!!!!

I am so excited and happy for you. Your wait has been long and stressfull and it is almost over.

Will it be a same day surgery out patient thing? What time? Who is taking you? and what time can we expect you to post so that our fingers aren't chewed to the nubs?(it will throw my pitching off)

Love the wanky.

no psyche eval???????

wanky one!

peach
peach pit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2004, 08:05 PM   #7  

[I would have gotten much more out of this class if one of the women in the group would have just SHUT UP!

[/QUOTE]

Consider bringing a hockey puck next time! Aim straight, babe!

peach
peach pit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2004, 08:54 PM   #8  
Never Fry Bacon Nekkid!

Good Luck Chicadee!!!! We're all rooting for you!
DixieChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2004, 01:23 AM   #9  

Oh, Chickadee! You have waited and waited and waited for this day to come and it's almost HERE! Congrats, sweetie, I will be thinking thin/safe/healthy/happy thoughts for you on Tuesday and sending all my bestest vibes your way.

(personally, I think it was all the chocolate you consumed over the years owning that shop is the reason why you are in such good health - I'm just sayin'.....)

Kel
Ms Spotdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2004, 07:47 PM   #10  

Chicadee good for you and good luck, keep us informed!
Buffy, the slayer is offline   Reply With Quote