Closed Thread

Old 03-30-2004, 06:38 AM   #1  
One Sick Puppy

Height: 5'6"

Default Tuesday's Thread

It's 5:30 in the morning and I couldn't come up with anything more creative than that.

Sorry I've been MIA the last week or so. I was swamped at work and now I'm working nights for about a week. After this is over, I'll be getting my surgery and recovering! I just wish the surgery was over and done with. I've been here at work for 9 1/2 hours and my back hurts so bad that parts of it have gone numb.

Ick, I'm whining. I'm sorry. Changing the subject.

My first night shift (on Friday night) was a little bit rough, eating-wise. Let's just say the shift ended with a drive through the Burger King breakfast line. I had the weekend off and at way too much, but tonight has gone much better and I'm feeling A-OK. I asked another gal who's working nights with me what she does to keep her eating under control and she gave me some advice, so I think I've got it down.

Belle--Honey, I'm so sorry to hear about Barney. I can tell you that it will get easier, but SLOWLY. I lost Violet, my guinea pig in November and sometimes I'll still just sit and cry. It's like piece of you dies and you'll never have that back. It's hard, but it really does get easier. You did the right thing, and Barney knows that, Belle. Please don't feel guilty.
Old 03-30-2004, 11:06 AM   #2  
Eve's Mom

Hey Jess! Thanks for your words...some times I feel fine, other times I break out crying for Barney. I really miss him, and so does DF. We talk about the things he did fondly, a couple of times a day. That helps. It's crazy how much we love those furry friends, eh! I still miss Muffy - we put him down 12 years ago. He was my childhood dog. Muffin Von Cupcake (he was a schnauzer).

Anyway, WW-wise, my scale said 211.1 this morning. So I think I am down!! I am going to be really really good today and hopefully tomorrow night at WI I'll see some results. I have been counting, even through the stress! But only walking to work and walking the remaining dog...poor little puppy...she's pretty sad without her pal, Barney.

Jess, I am sorry to hear that you are struggling with the back aches, but at least ther eis a light at the end! I salute you - I have always wanted one but have been too chicken....I don't have any adverse effects from my boobage, I just hate them. But it's the one part of my body I will change at some point in my life. Anyway, I will be thinking of you and will be proud of you for having courage and doing something that is truly for YOU, that will help you feel better physically (ie no more numbness in the back) and probably emotionally. Would be for me, anyway.

BBL - got meetings.....blah.
Old 03-30-2004, 11:14 AM   #3  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Morning Jess. . .unless you're in dreamland by now I finally finished my paper but I have to redo the webliography. Ireland was great I got chatted up within 5 minutes of being in the country hey I'm a committed woman but it still feels good
This sunday it will be 3 months and counting till the wedding AAAAAAAH we still need a limo but still thats not real until graduation and I can get THAT off my mind
I am trying to eat a little differernt today b/c yesterday I was low pts all day but went nuts at dinner which was still in pts (i made a nummer tuna casserole) but I don't like to gorge myself at night so I had a small oatmeal with splenda and cinamon early this AM and then about 30 min ago I had 2 LF waffles with vanilla ff yogurt
so so far I have had 7 pts lunch is going to be 2 snacks prolly 1 or 2 slices of luncheon meat before I leave or 1 slice LM and 1 slice RF cheese and then later a 2 pts bar and or craisins
Dinner is a salad and something
Old 03-30-2004, 11:15 AM   #4  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Hi Belle I'm sending you a huge hug for barney he's in a better place and he'll always be with you
Love
Kier
Old 03-30-2004, 12:33 PM   #5  
Proud Canadian

Morning!!

My meeting yesterday took FOREVER! We had technical problem and then the space wasn't booked for long enough so we had to move and re-visit our initial technical problems. It's all crazy. BUT...I got to release some tension at Volleyball - YAY - it was my first day back in over 7 weeks because of the ankle and I did OK - I took it a little easy and the ankle is a little sore today but I'm hoping the gradual exercise will start to build it up. My plan was to start running this spring and I'm already behind - We'll see how a couple more times at volleyball make me feel. Points wise I managed to actually stay on track yesterday - YAY - now for day number two...I had english muffin for breakfast with cheese and herbal tea and I have veggies and fruit to snack on all day and some turkey and yogert for lunch. Dinner will either be pasta or ribs with a HUGE salad. Should keep me on schedule for the day. I LOVE ribs and we might be going to a rib restaurant. I'm hoping to just eat the ribs and no baked potato - it should work.
Jess - We've missed you. Are you still working at Subway while you're on nights?
Belle - Sometimes focusing on something like counting points can help you through a hard time. Glad to hear the scale is down!
Kier - only 3 months!! When's graduation?

I'll check back in later - must report on what happened in yesterday's meeting...

KT
Old 03-30-2004, 05:24 PM   #6  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

hey girls I have good news and exasperating news
first the exasperating
I was getting off the handicap shuttle and the lift that brings my chair down dropped at least a foot
I am in a sh!tload of pain and have emailed all the people who should know.
Now the good, I have an interview next week, maybe I should have made it for this week but I didn't want to miss my internship.
Closed Thread