Old 03-27-2004, 03:28 PM   #1  
Movin' to the Country!

Default Stay at Home Mom's #141

Welcome to a thread full of laughter, friendship and support devoted to women who have the priviledge of taking care of our families. We strive to win the battle to control our weight and have better health! Feel free to join right in! We look forward to getting to know you better.
candybar74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2004, 06:13 PM   #2  
SAHM of 3

Smile I'm ready to join

I posted my first message on the other stay at home message board. Just out of curiosity, why did you start another one?

You welcomed me on the other board. How does this buddy thing usually work? I mean, do I just do my own thing but I have buddies here to tell it to? I've met another newbie and we've talked some, we're wanting to chat by personal email or im each other. You know those impulses hit us so fast, we need someone alittle closer to help get us through it.

You mentioned that you do weight watchers, how exactly does that work, I mean, I looked into it, and I love the frozen meals and even have some of the cook books, but it's too much for me to know the point system on everything. I really don't think any particular way works for me. The best luck I've had and the happiest I think was a few kids ago, I cut back on calories and learned ALOT of special cooking methods. I also began exercising. I lost around 20 and then got pregnant. That's happened twice and I'm hoping it won't happen again. I've got like 65 lbs. to go and I feel like I can do it. I've lost my motivation and that's when I bumped into y'all. It already has helped and it hasn't even been 24 hours. I'll try to keep it up.
watkinsguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2004, 07:32 PM   #3  
2BoysMom

Hi all!

Welcome Crystal, I'm Geri SAHM of 2 boys Will and Tony who will be 3 and 1 respectively in May. Tony's giving me a hard time right now so this will be a short post!!

We start a new thread usually when we get to the 3rd page because if it gets too long it's difficult to keep up with!

I have done WW...now am doing the Dr Phil way which is...guess what??? Exercising DAILY and eating right...less calories and good for you real food. You can exercise daily if you make it a priority...I know, hard to do with 2 kids let alone 3!!! I want to lose about 70 lbs...for life THIS time. This is a great place for support...for anything...any time you need to blow off steam...here is where to do it

I'll finish posting after Tony goes to bed. Just wanted to say hi!

Spryng.....YUK! Glad you got it taken care of.

Later ladies
Chubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2004, 09:44 PM   #4  
Movin' to the Country!

Crystal, if you would like to email there are probably a number of us who would be glad to do so but for the most part we just keep tabs with each other on this thread. Also, as the bottom of posts say, we chat at the website listed below as we have the opportunity to do so. Some days there might be 4 or 5 of us and some days there is just a couple. I set up the website for use by all us on this SAHM's thread so the people you meet here are the ones you will find over there. You can also see pictures of some of us over there. We all have varying weigh in days but we report our losses, gains, or maintains and then we have also been doing challenges, such as exercise or late night snacking. The real key to staying motivated, I think, is to be sure to post here everyday. When you have someone that you are accountable to, it is easier to get in that exercise and avoid that food that you know is not good for you. Plus, as you start adding your losses to everyone else's it is great motivation to keep losing!!! Hope we can help and feel free to private message me or email me at [email protected].

Ok, well, just got back from the inlaws. It was a nice time, as usual. DH rode around on the tractor and harassed a few more helpless trees (they'll have to come down eventually anyways) and we rode around on the golf cart trying to figure out which trees are gonna stay and where exactly the pond is gonna go. Also, FIL knows an old guy who has been a custom cabinet builder for years and I had copied all my Lowe's stuff for him to give to him and DH called him tonight for a price and he said $6800. That is stained and installed!!!! Lowe's was over $9000 and that was not installed! So this looks like we may be able to save a little money after all and get custom cabinets. Well, I'm gonna head off to bed. Hope everyone had a great day!!!! My eating was really bad today so I think I may juice tomorrow. TTYL!!!!
Old 03-27-2004, 09:54 PM   #5  

Welcome Krystol!

I'm Andrea a SAHM of 2 boys Andrew 6 and Alex 2. I know what you mean about trying every diet out there. I've been on anything and everything. I did Sugar Busters about a year ago and lost around 27lbs. But, I gained everyone of them back bc I didn't change my eating for life. I decided what would work best for me would be Weight Watchers cause I can eat anything I want I just have to keep in my points range. I love pizza and canybars and if I eat one I just try to eat low points the rest of the day. It is working out great for me and I have lost 13 lbs so far. I really believe this will be the last diet I will ever be on. Good Luck!!

I'm going to report my weigh in: 157.0! I was soo excited cause I'm finally getting back on track since the miscarriage. My personal goal is 145 by May 11. That is Andrew's birthday.

Spryng, sorry about the mess. That happened to me once but with a wet diaper. It had gotten shoved under the bed, I don't know how, and had the whole room smelling like pee. I couldn't figure out where it was coming from until I did a total room cleaning. It was so gross! Hey, you got me motivated to tan! I just bought 15 visits yest. and I worked out a deal with my friend that I would cut her boys hair if she would watch Alex while I go tan. Yeah!!! Gotta look good for when dh comes home!!!

Penny, hope ya'll are feeling better.

Candy, let me know how the faux painting turns out. I don't know if I'm that brave. I would probably screw it up!

Geri, you make me laugh! Yes we worked real hard on our "projects" today! Gotta take advantage of the kids being gone, ya know? I walked today so I can say I got 2 workouts in, right?

Hi Ginny, Melinda, Jackie, Ricci whoever else I missed. Hope ya'll have a great night!
A&A's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2004, 10:15 PM   #6  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

S/C/G: 208/162/135

Height: 5' 2.5"

Hi Ladies!

Crystal,
I think you need to find a plan that makes you happy and one you can stick with. I know about saying I don't have time to exercise! Sometimes I don't have time to take a bath, or even wipe my butt (Sorry TMI!!!) LOL

But you just have to make the time for yourself! It is the only way to get what you want!!!!

I know it is easier said than done, but you have to be willing to bust your butt to get to goal!

Ok Enuff Pep Talk

How is everyone doing????

Andrea,
You are doing wonderful!!! Congrats on the weight loss! You are definitely going to make it to your goal! Congrats again!!!
Let us know how the tanning goes!

Candy!
I am so excited about you and your cabinets! No seriously I am!!! We just built our house two years ago and I know excited how you feel!!!!!

Geri,
I need your motivation to exercise daily!!!! I barely exercise a couple days a week! The only way I can exercise everyday is if I am at the gym. How are you liking Dr. Phil??? It seems to be working for you!

Spryng,
Glad you found some clothes at the garage sale! Ok, Im being nosey! What size did you get? I am glad you had such a great time with your bf. How long has it been since she has seen you?? Did she mention how fab you look with your weight loss and your tan???

Well I will be busting my butt this week! I wanna be out of the 170s so bad I can taste it!!!! I am so sick of being fat and I wanna be at goal this year!!!!!

I am just rethinking the whole South Beach thing. I just don't know what other plan to do. I guess I need to keep thinking and decide what I what to do for the rest of my life.

I will check back in later!

BTW,
Candy,
I am going to post my house pic on the website tomorrow. That is a neat idea
mompen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2004, 11:17 PM   #7  
Movin' to the Country!

Thanks Penny! I liked seeing Geri's bathroom and thought it would be neat if we could get an idea of where everyone is at! So you just built your house a couple years ago, huh? When does it get better??? Did you have a contractor or were you owner/builder? What stuff did you end up doing yourself, if anything? You sound really motivated now and I am sure you will reach your goal!!! Only 3 lbs to go to get out of the 170's!!! Have you ever tried Weight Watchers? I liked it for the short time I did it and of course, so many others here have had success with it.

Andrea, congrats on your loss!!! We are aiming for the same time period on goals. We can do it, right??? I really need to work on exercise. I think we need to revive the exercise challenge! Spryng, where are you??? Anyhows, so glad to have you back with us and glad you got some work done on your "projects" today! Once, not so long ago, DH and I had a week where we did a "project" every day and it was really fun and really nice. We kinda felt like newlyweds again. There are always tons of "projects" for newlyweds to do!!! Ok, you and Geri got me cracked up with the "projects". I'll stop being bad!!!

Well, I'm gonna head off to bed. Didn't I say that once already tonight? Kylie fell asleep on the way home and then woke up so that is why I am still up. She is in the bath now but I think she is getting tired again. TTYL!
Old 03-28-2004, 07:32 AM   #8  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

S/C/G: 208/162/135

Height: 5' 2.5"

Candy,

I am with ya'. We definetely need an exercise log on here. It helps keep me on track.

Whats the plan for the day??

I am headed off to Walmart for groceries in about 30 minutes. My hubby PROMISED to watch all three kids while I go. (THIS NEVER HAPPENS!)

He will see if he comes through or not.

On the paraffin spa, my mil has one (didnt know it) I am just going to borrow hers for now. But I am going to buy some Crest White Strips today and try out.

I figure if I am still heavy right now there are other ways to make myself look better until all the weight is gone. Positive Thinking!!!

Have a great day
I will check back in later
mompen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2004, 08:20 AM   #9  
SAHM of 3

Thumbs up Good Morning

Hi all. It's going to be a great day today. I was new here yesterday and now I feel right at home. I became motivated and now am ready.

Mompen, you sound just like me. Trying to get the hubby to watch all 3 while we go to Wal-Mart. I do that as much as I can. I find it scary that I get so excited to go grocery shopping by MYSELF. I told my mother that not long ago, I'm 26 and that's what excites me.

Let's see, since I'm new here, I think I should state some of my goals...
1. I'm a sugaraholic - I will not eat any refined sugary junk foods.
2. I will drink at least 8 glasses of water a day.
3. I will do some sort of strenuous exercise at least 5 days a week for at least 30 minutes at a time.
4. I will not weight myself except for once a week.
5. I will visit these forums ALOT, especially when I have a craving.

I think that's enough for now. I don't know how long it should take me to achieve these goals, but it's a start.

I hope everyone has a glorious day.
watkinsguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2004, 09:57 AM   #10  

Good Morning!

I'm sittin here drinking and this is def. my favorite part of the day!
The kids just woke up so they are rested and in a good mood.

Candy, you cracked me up! I think part of me is going to like dh's routine cause I feel like a crazy teenager waiting for my date with my boyfriend on the weekend, except it's much better! Anyway, I hope everything is going smooth with your house. I know it must be very stressful! I can't believe you are so close to making goal. I feel like we should still be in Feb. or something cause my weight hasn't changed much in the last 2 months. But it's going down now, so I'm not going to complain. Anyway, I'm sure you are going to look HOT and dh is going to want to do "projects" all of the time!!!

Krystal, I understand about getting excited about going to WalMart alone. I'm 26 too, and that is right up at the top of my list! I think you have a great start with setting your goals for your weight loss. You are going to do great and we are here to help you over the bumps and cheer you along!

Penny, you sound like me a few months ago! I was 170 when I started and I was sooo sick of being fat!! I wanted to get back into the 150's sooo bad!! (I guess I don't feel so fat then ) I know you can do it!! You have set your mind to it and I can't wait to here what your weigh in is the end of the week!

Hi everyone! Spryng, glad you got some cute things a the garage sale! I love to go garage sale shopping!

I'll talk back at ya later. I hear some monkeys and they sound like they are getting into trouble....
Old 03-28-2004, 01:55 PM   #11  

Crystal - Welcome, I am Melinda mother to John Wesley 7 months. Great goals, this group will keep you accountable.

Weekend eating has gone pretty well. However, we did not have any parties or weddings to attend this weekend. Geri, we went to brunch after church and I had a salad for lunch. Dh actually had one with me too.

JW is fussy, he won't go down for a nap, but I know he is exhausted. The weather is great, so I think I will pop him in the stroller and let him sleep.

That is about all for me.
meltin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2004, 04:40 PM   #12  
2BoysMom

Hi all!

Never made it back here last night...then after my 3 mi walk I was going to post this morning but Dh was on the computer. Then it was soooooo nice out that I have been outside for the last 4 hours or so. Now it is raining so here we are!

Candy, I would love to post pictures of the house. Ours was built in the late 70's and needs some help out front....but this year we're going to put in the deck out back and who knows what else. Dh keeps saying the deck is "going to take awhile"...I think he thinks I'm going to nag him to death or something. Only if I catch him watching TV all day when he could be working on the deck .

Yesterday I got those crocus bulbs moved out of the lawn and also did some raking and took Will for a bike ride. Today didn't do any yardwork but we were playing and stuff took them both for a walk and got some much needed fresh air. By Tuesday/Wednesday we're supposed to get rain/snow mix. I know it's only March but I don't want any more snow .

Spryng, where you be today? Did you get that exercise in yet????????

Melinda, congrats on the salad! How did you get Dh to join you??

Crystal I think you have some great goals there. We're here to help you out. I need someone to duct tape my mouth shut at night because I've been snacking again. I don't know what the heck is wrong with me lately. I was doing so good. I keep telling myself I'm not going to do it but there I am snacking. I will try harder tonight. I'll hop in the bathtub or something.

Andrea, nice to see you posting again and congrats on the weight! Must be the projects....GREAT EXERCISE!! Hee hee.

Ginny, Ricci-how's the move going?, Jackie, Penny, anyone else! Have a great Sunday.
Chubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2004, 05:39 PM   #13  
burned out bus driver

Hi!
Well, there is no way I can keep up with the thread this weekend. Boy has it been busy, and it is great to read the posts.

Welcome Crystal!!!!!!! I am a formerly self employed SAHM- guess I was really a totally SAHM for about 2 1/2 years, when Dh sort of forced me out into the workplace again. (actually it was a great opportunity at the time and overall a good thing!). I am presently a part time bus driver- which works out great as I have my kids schedule, and it still allows me time during the day to go help out in school, go on some class trips etc....sort of the best of both worlds. I have 3 children- actually one is almost grown up- Dd 17, Ds 15 and Dd 8, plus their loving father (who at times counts as a kid). I have lost 30 # on Weight watchers, with 10 more to go........if I ever get there!!!! I walk/ or do a tape 5 times a week. Guess I'll have to go back to the other thread and read your intro post. I hope you will like it here, these ladies are wonderful.

Geri glad that you got some weather to do some yard work! Winter finally went into retreat? MY dh put up our deck, it took a while........
Melinda- good job with the salad!
Andrea- isn't it nice when you can get online early- before the kids get active? So peaceful
Penny- hope the Walmart trip went well......
Candy- what are you painting?
Oh- Dh just came home and I am not cooking tonite- so better go so we can figure out where/what is for dinner. See ya tomorrow!!!!!!
Ricci, Spryng....anyone else I missed, please forgive me.
Ginny
ECmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2004, 09:14 PM   #14  

Just wanted to pop in and say "HI"!! I cooked homemade speg. for lunch today and then we went to MIL's house. They just go back from Branson, MO and bought Dh some new luggage. He really needed it for his job. It has to be all black and ours was grey. So, they saved us some money there. We were going to go buy groceries too, but both of us pooped out. Dh said he would go with me tomorrow. Shouldn't be as busy either with everyone back at work and school. Anyway, just wanted to say hi and I will talk to ya in the morning! TTYL!
Old 03-28-2004, 09:19 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Good evening all!
Sorry I have been MIA, been gone all day. Instead of giving dh's cousin's daughter back last night I ended up with both of her daughters!! But it was fun. We came home and did karaoke and had a blast. So today I took them home and spent the day at their house. It was really fun. Plus we went and tanned so that was nice too.
Wow, so many posts.... I'll try to get personal with everyone.

Ginny, where did you decide on dinner tonight? Enjoy the night free from cooking!! It's so nice to go out every now and then.
Geri, no I have yet to get some exercise in. What is wrong with me!!!! I know I need to do it. I'm just feeling so lazy lately.
Melinda, so glad your weekend has been good with the eating. Sometimes it is very hard to stay OP on the weekends. I've done ok myself this weekend.
Andrea, I hope your day went well today.
Crystal, so glad you are feeling at home here. And you have some great goals to get you started. You sound very motivated. Have you decided on a diet plan or are you going to try what worked for you last time?
Penny, you'll have to let me know if those crest whitestrips works. I've been wanting to buy some but just haven't got around to it. And how was your walmart trip without the kids? I got one of those in today too! I bought DH his anniversary card and some sexy panties for our anniversary this upcoming weekend. I am so excited about it. I think we have decided to get a hotel room and stay in kansas city. Dh's cousin offered to take the kids for us for the night. It was really sweet of her. She and I are becoming really good friends lately. It is so nice. Oh and the pants size I bought are 10's. I am a perfect size ten right now. Which I wish I were an 8, but that is ok. Now I do wear an 8 in old navy jeans. And my bf never mentioned my weight or tan... but she is like that. I honestly don't think that girl notices anything but the inside of people. She is a real gem.
Candy, so much talk about "projects" made me really want dh home to work on some for us too!! LOL! I remember those newlywed days.... *sigh* (when I was young... I never needed anyone.... and making love was just for fun... those days are gone..... ALL BY MYSELF....LOL) jk. (celine dion, you know.. the song.)
Well my day has been good but I am ready for the week to begin. How about you all? Well I need to balance my checkbook and write out a shopping list for this week for groceries. I want to try a couple new recipes. TTYL!
spryng is offline   Reply With Quote