Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 03-25-2004, 02:01 AM   #1  
Divine Gal

Default I feel awful

I think I am a bad SIL......

Well since its 1:38 am in the morning and mostly nobody is up or around; I can feel free to type how this day went up till now.

Today is my mom's 47th Birthday and she looks great.I called and sang happy birthday to her and wished her a happy birthday twice.

Then 4:30 pm; a phone call comes in.Its BIL's boss; he is calling to let us know BIL is on the way to the Emergency Room.BIL was having severe chest pains as well immense head and neck pains.So we have to find a ride to go pick BIL truck up and then go the emergency room.We got a ride from Steve's Best friend to get the truck at BIL's job.Then we proceed to the emergency room; they had already did a CAT Scan by the time we got there and were preparingto fly him by helicopter to University Hospital because it was urgent.They found blood in my BIL's brain;NOT GOOD!!!
When he got to the other hospital; they did all the test and came to conclusion he has a anurism (sp?) and surgery will have to be preformed tomorrow...Right now they have him highly medicated, and on medication to stop the anurism from errupting again...The doctor said he has a 50/50 chance tomorrow.... So if you could keep him in your thoughts; I would greatly appreciate it.
Steve is handling this pretty well for now.But I feel bad because I almost always complain about BIL and how hard it is living with him....
lynnie24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2004, 07:41 AM   #2  

My advice is not to feel bad. You are entitled to your opinion of your BIL. Just cause he is very ill doesn't take away the fact that he is a pain in the rear to live with.
Tippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2004, 08:43 AM   #3  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Oh Lynnie, guilt is a marvelous thing. I'm not going to tell you not to feel it because obviously you already do.

I agree with Tippy though.

We all dislike people for the things they do and none of us would wish any harm on them of course and I know because you are such a sweetie you feel the same way.

Your BIL, you and your family are in my prayers. I will pray that God will guide the doctors hands during surgery this morning and that your BIL returns home very soon.

Honey its okay, it really is. Your NOT a bad person.

I hope you don't let this ruin your hard work with your dieting and taking care of yourself. There's nothing you can do for your BIL but there is something you can do for yourself and your hubby and that is to continue to take care of YOU!

Please let us know how he makes out today.

We love you sweetie
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2004, 09:44 AM   #4  
CIN

Lynnie
My thoughts and prayers are with all of you!
Cin
CIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2004, 09:52 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

Lynnie,
I'm praying for you and your family right now!
great big hugs,
Cathy

P.S. Tippy and Leenie gave you some very good Words of Wisdom!
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2004, 11:13 AM   #6  
Rattie Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynnie24
Well since its 1:38 am in the morning and mostly nobody is up or around; I can feel free to type how this day went up till now.
**Hugs**

Of course the one time I decide to go to bed before 1 am...I should of been here!! I would of talked with you dear.

I'm with the girls here..don't forget about YOU...#1. Take care of yourself and the rest will fall into place. I will send good positive energy and prayer your way as well...
Noodles913 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2004, 05:08 PM   #7  
Oooo Silly Me!

Hi Lynnie,

My prayers are with BIL, you and your family. I find the love and support amazing in this forum and it's obvious everyone loves you. Please let us know how everything goes.

Sue...
SueMarie301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2004, 07:52 PM   #8  

I am praying for BIL, and your family
We are here if you need to talk.

Flower_storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2004, 10:42 PM   #9  
Divine Gal

awwww thank you guys... Its so nice to know there are people I can talk too.
Well, BIL is stable for now.He was really sedated and restrained because he keeps picking at the shunt and they don't want him to hemmorhage.He is very lathargic (sp?)He has a shunt in his shoulder.They drilled a hole in his head and he has a tube coming from it draining the blood and water off his brain.They gave him a test where they injected dye to find the anuerism but it showed nonthing.So everything is still up in the air and the case maybe that its deeper then what they thought.We will be going to see him tomorrow afternoon around the time the dr makes his rounds to get more info.
Thanks for caring.....
Old 03-25-2004, 10:48 PM   #10  
Firefly

Default Thinking of you

You and your family are in my prayers. University Hospitals are wonderful - your BIL is in good hands. I know 2 people who had brain aneurisms in the past few years and have made very good, but slow, recoveries. As for yourself, you can't feel guilty for having totally normal, human feelings. You are entitled to them. Don'!t be so hard on yourself.
Best Wishes, Cindy
Firefli10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2004, 12:36 AM   #11  

Hi Lynnie,
I will keep your brother in law & your family in my prayers.

April

Last edited by april99; 03-31-2004 at 01:34 PM.
april99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2004, 11:41 AM   #12  

Hugs to you lynnie......hang in there and keep us posted!

Thinking of you!

Liz
liz321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2004, 08:48 AM   #13  
Divine Gal

Well here I am again letting yall know what's going on..
Me and DH are both emotional drained right now; so bare with me as i explain.
Yesterday we went to see his brother and he was doing very well;till the pressure started to build up on his head.He still has alot of water and blood coming off his brain.we were there for only a short period of time yesterday and he filled the vile with over 20 CC of blood and water....He become very lathargic.Talking out of his head alot and he has a tendency to pick at the tubing in his head and shoulder which is not good.If he was to pull this tubing out in either place; he could hemmoraghe to death; so they had him soft restraints.Till last night after we left.Apparently he started flipping out on the nurses; thinking everything is a pratical joke.They placed in leather restraints then.He is thinking that he is on Scare Tatics.They tried to give him some medicine that would calm him; it didn't work for a very long time.He kept calling for DH.
So we are off to see him this morning to make sure things are ok.I have called before leaving and they said he has calmed alot.So we will see and I will let you know whats going on.

*hugs*
Divine
Old 03-27-2004, 10:12 AM   #14  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

You know meds do wacky things to the brain so you can't blam your BIL for acting that way, he will calm down once they get the right dosages and meds into him. Boy thats rough.

We're all thinking about you !!
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2004, 12:32 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

Thanks for keeping us posted Lynnie!
We are praying for all of ya'll.
hugs,
cathy
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote