Old 03-24-2004, 08:26 AM   #1  
Baby Steps

Default Another Question

Ok. I've just realised this TOM from **** has been happening for the past 3 months....ever since I started Atkins. If I'm thinking correctly (and w/the amount of loss I'm getting here and feeling woozy I'm questioning it), the loss of weight I've been having could also change how my system works correct? I don't remember reading about THAT! So to follow that thinking, if my system is changing (1st-instead of every 25th day now it's closer to the 28th, 2nd-The flowag!? OMG! It's terrible!! I know, TMI, but this is what I'm wondering. It's because my body's changing right? It's not necessarily cuz there's something wrong? Oh heck, I could just throw up. GRRRR

Ok. The next question is: Does anyone know what to take to try and NOT feel drained or like passing out? Would some type of vitamin help ya think?
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2004, 10:30 AM   #2  
I'm a Jovi Girl

S/C/G: 225/169.5/140

Brenda - This WOE will change things around with your cycle. Any change in your weight does that. My GP told me that at my appt last month. Fat cells store Estrogen and when you lose them, your body has to adapt! Most likely there is NOTHING wrong. Once you get settled in a goal weight, you should start to stablize again!

As for suppliments, take some vitamin B complex, GLA and Evening Primrose Oil. All are helpful for TOM and its many many moods! Especially the B-Complex!
KarenW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2004, 02:34 PM   #3  
Look at me go ;)

I agree with Karen, although I think you should check your Iron levels too. Especially if you are having a much heavier or longer flow. Just be very careful not to overdose and remember to count whats in your food and all your other vitamins. Maybe right before TOM and during it you could try to include some extra red meat? Maybe call your OBGYN and ask?

I think Karen is right though, once you get where you want to be and settle into a rythm I am sure TOM will even herself out too.
Cinnymamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2004, 02:38 PM   #4  
Baby Steps

They responded to my email from the site. They (like you all) said it's normal. So I'm not going to worry about it unless it gets TONS worse (like I actually pass out) Maybe I should take a couple low does iron pills during this TOM only. Good idea! We'll see how that works

Thanks!!
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote