Old 03-23-2004, 08:08 AM   #1  

Default Tuesday Chat

Good morning....starting this thing up this morning I guess.
jane8760 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2004, 08:13 AM   #2  

So I couldn't sleep again this morning and got up around 5:30....at least it wasn't 3:30 like yesterday. Decided instead of laying there thinking about crap I would get up and go for a walk. I FROZE MY BUTT OFF but at least I did it. Now my exercise is done for the day.

Also, got on the scale and WOOOSH 2 down. At least the weekend bloat is gone now I just have to work on the TOM weight this week.
The funny thing is that even though I felt like crap yesterday and was up 4 pounds I didn't go off plan like I would have in the past. Usually I would have drowned my sorrows in a meatball sub

I have three weddings to go to this summer and I want to get into that stupid black dress that has been hanging in my closet for years while I grew in and out of it! I am going to try it on next week to see how bad it is and determine if I have to buy a new dress or not.

Well.....to work. Will check in later. Have a great day.
jane8760 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2004, 08:28 AM   #3  
Baby Steps

Jane: congrats on losing! I'm sure you'll try that dress on and be surprised

Well, TOM has hit with the normal bad cramps and tiredness. But at least now I can work on getting rid of the stupid THREE pounds (self inflicted) I've gained. I'm sure yesterdays binge of low carb food didn't help that. So it's back to strict induction for me. I've got to admit I'm not looking forward to my armpits smelling or my breath stinking--but I like it when the scale goes down or my pants aren't as tight (um, I've gotta quit putting them in the dryer now!! ). I've seen some really pretty summer dresses (Easter) that I would LOVE to wear, but I've not gotten small enough yet. I'd LOVE to fit into the dress that's in my closet--but I don't know if it's my "style" anymore. Frilly and flowery and light. I've got a dark black dress I bought for my daughters 1st Communion last year. It's a big dress so not sure how it'll look on me now. I'm not really a dress person so I'm surprised I was even LOOKING at them!! Ok, I think that's up-to-date on me.
Have a great day!!
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2004, 08:56 AM   #4  

Good Morning Everyone!

Jane: Congrats on the 2lb loss wtg! I am sure that you will be able to get into that dress very soon!

Brenda: Think I am heading back for strict induction also. I just don't seem to be losing like I really want to right now! I like it when those lbs seem to just drop off and it did for me in induction, so I am heading back there starting tomrorow!

Well, woke up this morning and winter has returned. The calendar says it's spring, so why is it so darn cold? I am ready for warm sunny days! I am so ready to start our trips to the beach. Just wish my body was as ready as I am I feel really good this morning. Was going through the closet trying to find something to wear for work and grabbed a pair of jeans that was packed way in the back. I had not been able to wear them in a very long time, but they used to be my favorites so I would not toss them out! Guess what?? They Fit!!!!!! They are just a little loose, but they still fit so I have them on today for work!! Times like this make missing chocolate worth it! Well, it's off to work for me now! Hope everyone has a great day, and I will check back in later this afternoon!!!
Mrs H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2004, 09:21 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 208/199/128

Good morning! Well, according to "the book" I'm not officially stalled, but I've had no weight loss in 2 weeks. I don't really want to make it another two weeks to make it official!

But I have a theory. I was taken off running last week (for two weeks) due to bursitis in my hip. While that hasn't stopped my exercising it has slowed it down considerably. As my husband said "you're not even sweating"! So I'm hoping when I get back to running and aerobics (1 week from today) I will have a WHOOSH!

In the mean time, I'm proud that I'm not screwing up all my hard work by going off plan. Also, I haven't GAINED, so that has to say something!

The only thing is... I didn't realize I was going to have to keep up the hard workouts in the gym for THE REST OF MY LIFE! Ok, really I'm not physically complaining, because I feel great, but mentally sometimes I think...is it worth all the hassle. Here is a typical gym day...

Get off work 3:30
Pick up kids 4:15
Go home get kids food for dinner by 5:00
Aerobics 5:30
Running 6:30
Get home and do school bags, showers and "tuck in" 7:30-8:30
Dishes, laundry, etc... 8:30-10:00
10:00-11:00 relax
11:00 bed

And this is at least 3 nights per week! Ok, I think I may be done whining...I just had to get if off my chest!

Oh, the other downer is...in the last month and a half I've lost 2 inches in my CHEST!!!!! Grrr...I DID NOT need to lose there

So, how is your morning!? Ok, I have had my decaf coffee and 40 oz. of water so I'm really not doing too badly. As you can tell I'm a little frustrated about the scale not moving. But the good news is hubby is STILL doing induction! I didn't think he would last because it has been complaint city all the way, but he is doing well and I'm encouraging as much as possible. I just don't say anything when he is complaining, because I know he just needs to get it out. I keep threatening to hid the scale. He hasn't even finished his first week of induction and he is still getting on the scale every day! Any suggestions?

Oh, this weekend I got a new pair of blue jeans!!! They were awesome. The first pair I tried on were TOO BIG!!! So I did the pep talk...try on the smaller size, if they don't fit that is ok, they will soo. (You know...that pep talk) Well THEY FIT!!!!! Oh, I was so excited and it was my FIRST EVER pair of low rise!!! I was on cloud 9 all weekend!!

Ok, enought already, I can't stop blabbing this morning! (I'm going to have to check the coffee pot and make sure that was decaf!)
LoriAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2004, 09:33 AM   #6  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Hi Girls,

*yawn* its tuesday lol.

I'm at work today, somebody's gotta pay the cookie bills.

Brenda I made a batch of Atkins cranberry muffins, they are pretty good but SMALL
Its a nice change though.

Nothing much is new here same old crapola, I did lose 2 lbs last week and still have one more to go to get to my weight before CHRISTMAS!! yeah talk about a stall and no control. But I'll get there.

Have a good day everyone

Hugs!
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2004, 10:21 AM   #7  
The Princess O' Pets

Moring ladies!!!

HI Leenie!!! Have a great day!

Lori: you will get the Whoosh!!!

Mrs H Hope it warms up soon for you!! I was just saying how ready i am to go to the BEACH!!!

Lady: Hang in there gal it will all be over with soon and you can move right along!!

Jane Great job on getting your exercise done early!!

Well I am at work and ready for another exciting day. I am going to the gym today and DS is on Spring break so I don't have to go across town to pick him up at school this afternoon so I will have extra time! Feeling really good this morning and THANK you to whoever put in the personal goals thread (Lori??) It made me feel great to put it all down in writing and now i am ready to GO FOR IT!!!

LOve TG
Theo'sgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2004, 10:26 AM   #8  

Good morning everyone!

Well, I went to the gym last night for the time in 2 or 3 weeks. Wow, am I HURTING today! I didn't get any running/walking in but boy did I lift! I am trying so hard to not be mushy anymore! I want one of those hard bodies, or at least thighs that don't jiggle so much

So has anyone here every tried the Lateral Thigh Trainer?? I am such a sucker for infomercials and I am dying to go out and buy one!!

I am officially down 6 pounds in my first week of re-Induction. Which mean I am only 9 pounds from my goal! So hopefully I can lose them in 4 weeks before I leave for Florida. I am trying soooo hard to stay OP but I am going to visit a friend in Boston this weekend and he already told me I better not be on that "stupid meat diet" so I have a feeling its going to be a weekend of temptations! Oh well, hopefully I can muster up some super-will power!

Hope you are all are having a wonderful low-carb day!
alysonwonderland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2004, 10:56 AM   #9  

Thanks TG! It always helps me to write down ALL my goals, not just the weight. I will try to keep it bumped up so we can see it or maybe someone can make it sticky?
Old 03-23-2004, 12:01 PM   #10  
Head Princess

Hello Darlings!

Well, I'm officially a mess today. I have to wear glasses from now till my surgery next friday and the prescription is at least 7 years old so I can't see a damn thing! I have no idea what my hair or makeup looks like AND the allergies are still here. Oy! I guess the good part is that even with the stupid glasses on, I can't read the scale, so I'll be forced to not think about it for the next two weeks

On the food adventures front, you may remember my official standing that low carb pasta has the texture of dried worms. Very gross. Well, yesterday I found reduced carb pasta made by Golden Grain Mission. I checked it out and one serving of Rotini is a cup of dry pasta. It has 31 grams of carbs and 12 of those are fiber. I thought, ok, so if I have it as a side and only do 1/2 a cup that's 15.5 carbs, minus 6 for fiber, 9 grams! Hmmmmmmmmmm. So I gave it a try. Lesson #1: It was very good! Lesson #2: how the **** did I manage to eat that much pasta before this? 1/2 a cup was really too much. So now I've got this pasta that's decent, but the realization that I don't really want pasta was a shocker to me. I guess it will just hang out in my cupboard for the next year while I slowly work my way through it.

Today's adventure: Grilled Shark for lunch.
StarPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2004, 12:16 PM   #11  
I'm a Jovi Girl

S/C/G: 225/169.5/140

Good Morning All!

Jane - WTG on the 2 pound loss!! And the walk at 5:30! WOO HOO!! You are with the Pre-Dawn Patrol now!

Brenda - You will get those pounds off! Have you tired adding L-Glutamine to your suppliments? I get them at GNC and take 2 about an hour before each meal.. Cravings are GONE now!

Mrs H - WOO HOO on the Jeans fitting! Isnt that a wonderful feeling!! We are back to winter weather here too... Yesterday was gorgeous today is rain!

Lori - You are as busy as me!! Good for you on those jeans!! BTW, thanks for posting that link to the Cool Running site. I started the C25K training this morning! I want to do the Jingle Bell Run in Seattle this coming December and I think this is a good way to start!

Leenie - WTG on the loss! You are doing well! That dont give up attitude will do you well everytime!!

TG - Have a good workout at the gym today! Isnt it wonderful to have extra time????

Aly - WTG on the loss! That is so AWESOME!!!!

Star: You will have to post a pic of you with glasses! I just cant imagine that! I know what you mean about the pasta! I havent had it yet.. but honestly I dont want it these days... I will try it when I go OWL in a few weeks though.

As for me, I was up at 4:30 again and got to the gym. I got another 3.4 miles in today and started running! I am going to run 3 days a week for now and see how it goes! I was tired and sweaty but still got Abs and Core Training in after! Im a wimpy runner right now, but hopefully that will change in a few months!!

I am feeling so good today! Good mood, oh and the scale is down a pound this morning too.. so that has me in heaven! Of course, I need to wait for Monday for an offical total.. but gosh I feel good!

OH! Star I found the zCarb Bars at Wal-Mart yesterday! OMG the dark chocolate is SOOOOO good! I will be buying those regularly!

OK.. Im off.. gotta get some stuff cut out for our daisy meeting today!
KarenW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2004, 02:51 PM   #12  

Height: 5' 6"

What a beautiful spring day we're having here today. The sun is out and and warm! I'm going to make this quick so I can squeeze in a bike ride before the day continues on. Tomorrow its supposed to rain rain rain.. So I really need to do this now Hopefully the wind isn't as bad as yesterday.. I'm riding up a hill with the wind blowing straight on me.. I felt like a cartoon.. peddling and peddling but not moving and inch
Everyone sounds like they are doing such a great job! Such ambition in just reading your posts! You have no idea how much you have all helped me!

Star - you may have to go through 2 weeks of not seeing a darn thing, but just think of how great it's going to be to finally take off those glasses and to be able to see everything! I'm so excited for you!

Jane - Sounds like your doing fantastic, I knew those pounds wouldnt stick around long. Way to go and getting in that early walk, I bet it really woke you up huh?

Karen - Aren't those ZCarb bars yummy! OMG.. I've fallen in love with them. Our walmart here just started selling them and I've bought one of every flavor. It will take a while to taste them all but I'm sure I wont be disappointed. Gratz on the loss!

Aly - No pain no gain er um loss that should be right?? Your doing great!

Lori - Busy busy, It looks almost identical to an average day for me. Except I skip the gym and try to keep workouts at home. For now anyways..

MrsH - Gratz on the jeans! I only have one more size smaller left hanging in the closet. I can't wait until I can fit into them and start to shop for more! What a great feeling!

Brenda - Hang in there girly.. the worst part is over .. It's all down scale from here. Once TOM is history that is.

Leenie - 2 pounds down! Great Job! I'm a little leary about WI day this week. I've incorperated peanuts and sunflower seeds. Haven't been going overboard with them but I wonder if they are going to make me stall / gain.

Theo - It's nice to actually feel good isnt it? I think those days are what keep me going on the most. I never want to feel the way I did before this little journey began.

Okies hope I didn't miss anyway, but I must zoom before I'm out of time. Have a great day everyone!
Trazzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2004, 03:32 PM   #13  

Karen - You are welcome. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did. I actually can't believe that I'm bummed because I CAN"T run right now. Never thought that would be me. Let me know how it goes. And definitly check out their message boards, because they have a check-in that helped me a lot!
Old 03-23-2004, 03:49 PM   #14  
Baby Steps

Oh heck. I'm busier than a hummingbird today! This stinks! I've got no time for exercise, but I think w/all the running around w/errands I should get some equator trek miles out of it! I've got just enough time to post something and then it'll be off and running for me again. Oh this stinks! Ok, I've figured out the "laxative" effect of the sugar alcohols. lol. They hit me today. If nothing else, my system will be cleaned out I've stayed OP except for lunch I had to buy an Atkins morning start or whatever those bars are called and a DT Mt Dew. I was WAYY past eating and starting to feel weak and faint (a new experience for me) so figured I needed something ASAP and the Dew would help. I'm feeling a little better and luckily supper will only be about an hour away so I can eat something decent. I've got to remind myself not to wait so long to eat again--even if it IS one of those bars. Ok. Time to fly!! Hope you all are having a great day!!
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2004, 04:02 PM   #15  
Head Princess

Ugh! The shark sucked and so I'm having a 'lunch' of a diet coke w/lime and a ZCarb bar. Double Ugh!

I'm feeling *****y as all get out today and I'm not sure why. Must be the glasses

You're right, though, Trazzie, it's gonna be soooooooo worth it!
StarPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote