Weight Loss Surgery If you've had it, or are considering it, share your discussions here

Old 03-22-2004, 11:28 AM   #1  
Old Cackler

Default EXERCISE March 22-28

NEW WEEK!!! new chances, new outlook. whatever...

how's it going everyone????

today: an hour walk with la dog. a little over 3 miles. it was cold, brisk... brrrrrr. but warmer weather is due this week, so it'll all be ok.

i'm thinking of alternating walking days with hiking days... our bodies get used to the same old-same old very quickly, so the idea is to vary the intensity. sooo, let's se...
jiffypop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2004, 11:49 AM   #2  
Hang In There

Went to the Rhumetologist this morning. Took me off one med, gave me two others to try later on. Right now he said he could tell by looking at me that I didn't feel good. He said I didn't have my normal "sparkle" anyway he said I must have a viral infection, because everything checked out normal and I have not had any fever. Anyway I'm ready to get to feeling better. Because of the doc apt I didn't go to the healt club, and I'm thinking very seriously about cancelling the rest of my workouts with the trainer for a while. Doc said to push myself in the water, but not to do anything on land that made me sore the next day, and boy working with Jason makes me sore. Of course I paid for 10 sessions in advance, so I have to see if I can get a refund, or if I can transfer them to Alvin's account, I hate to pay money for something I do not use or ENJOY!
ageoldie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2004, 03:57 PM   #3  
Old Cackler

barb... most health clubs will let you 'delay' sessions, especially with a medical reason... now, we all know how much you love jason... and want to get back to training... let's just view the delay as additional motivation, if ya know what i mean...

it's doubtful that ole alvin would enjoy jason NEARLY as much as YOU do
Old 03-22-2004, 04:40 PM   #4  

Today went for a 30 minute walk not as fast as before but I sure was pooped afterward
smtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2004, 05:52 PM   #5  
Old Cackler

ummmm karen... of all the people around here, you are pretty much excused from gym class!!!! really... a 30 minute walk is just plain too much for someone who doesn't even have her staples out!!!!!!!

rest. take it easy. a little gentle strolling is one thing...
Old 03-22-2004, 06:27 PM   #6  

I've been walking everyday and playing softball lately, mostly because I wanted to be able to post something on this thread!

Today I was poked by many needles, ultrasounded, ekg'd, pulmonary tested and x-rayed. Does that count as something? It should!

Chicka-pin-cushion-dee
Chickadee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2004, 08:52 PM   #7  
Old Cackler

they're really sticking it to ya, aren't they chickadeedeedear???? but don't worry!!!! you're in the home stretch!!!! and just think how much faster you'll be running bases soon!!!

PS. did you know that a certain fuzzy peach was the first baseman for a state champion softball team in high school??
Old 03-22-2004, 10:57 PM   #8  

I spent the weekend shopping, and laughing in Branson does that count? Mothers pre 80th birthday party was a blast! She loved the thong, with her help I've fallen bra and her bright red hat with lots of flowers. She was a trooper, and even posed for a few blackmale pictures! Cann't wait to show her brothers and sisters!
My sisters presented my sister and I with our pink hats for the red hat society club we started last december! With words of warning that we soon will be red hat ladies too!
I sure did notice how often they suggested going out to eat in one day. Things like this I would not have noticed before surgery. But now that I must watch and monitor what I eat, I sure did notice how much they did eat! Does that make sense!
Ditzy Blonde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2004, 09:52 AM   #9  
Hang In There

Jiff, ole Alvin has his cute "tall" (started to say little) Erin. She's a very tall very Blonde, very cute slave driver. I guess I could see if Jason could let me take a break. The only problem is that if I don't go in my "slot" he will not make any money, or he will put someone else in it who might not want to give it up! I've got a call in to him, we'll see...

I think right now I'm going into the bedroom and see if I can do the video that came with the balance ball. Wish me luck.
ageoldie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2004, 10:39 AM   #10  
Old Cackler

oh ditzy!!! that sounds like a delightful weekend!!!!! and i've just joiined the red hats myself! haven't actually been to a meeting, but i'm so looking forward to it...

and today i've walked for an hour.. and i have a session with the trainer tonight.. oh yum.
Old 03-25-2004, 08:39 AM   #11  

Well now that the fun weekend is over its back to work and back to the gym. Two nights at the gym so far--- I want to go one more night this week, but I am very booked with other stuff, I have to see what I can shuffle around.
At the gym I do, 25 min on the treadmill, at level 5, 20 min on the inclined bike, 10 min on the reg. bike, and off to the weight machines. I have to work on those abs.
Does anyone ever get rid of this abdominal roll without surgery?
Ditzy Blonde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2004, 10:32 AM   #12  
Old Cackler

great going ditzy!!!

i forgot to post yesterday!!!!

and i didn't post about tuesday's weight session.. 2 hours. one of them with the trainer. i'd gotten weaker over the past couple of weeks, but he was nice about it. it'll come back.

and yesterday morning, a 40 minute walk with the dog.

and today... a 45 minute hike. i wanted it to be longer, but i had to run to the gas station to have them replace the windshield wipers that broke last night... <sigh> it's always something!!!!
Old 03-25-2004, 07:55 PM   #13  

Good evening chickies Seems everyone is rolling right along with the exercise portion of our health regimen. For the ones who did not chime in, I'm ASSUMING that you are too busy exercising and have no time to post. I DO wish you would though, because sometimes you say something that makes my abdomen tighten (hi Peachie, Chickadee) and then we can BOTH benefit from YOUR work out/painful interventions (as the case may be)

I've been able to continue walking for about 1.5-2hrs/day, though this morning I had to finish up while holding on to my umbrella. Although the walks are just perfect for me, I really need to start some strength training, which I plan to do at home. I am not at all a gym person but I do know that something's gotta give with several of my areas, especially the bat wings.

Pookie, I think that mall walking definitely counts. I have, actually, not been to a mall in at least 5 years but when I did, I remember people walking with the express intent to make it a work out.

Barb, seems like you and Alvin have your hmmmmm "motivators" all lined up NOW I see why people MAY not hate the gym...

Jiffy, you are doing so well, gym and hiking and walking and things that I probably know nothing about . Way to go GF!

DB, re. the "abdominal roll", I'm planning for JEANS to hide the signs of my indiscretions if and when I actually get to goal. SUre sounds like the surgery does wonders for one's self image though. Meg sounded really pleased with the results of hers.

Karen, I'm really impressed with your motivation and attitude

I hope I have not forgotten anyone, but if I did HI and I'll catch you the next time around.
stilltrying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2004, 11:22 PM   #14  

Today was a good day I walked for 1 1/2 miles, feeling fantastic, I hope it stays this good and just gets better.
smtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2004, 12:14 AM   #15  
Old Cackler

and to end the day... a little more than 2 hours at the gym. 15 minute warmup on the elliptical and then weights. steam room, whirlpool.