Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Closed Thread

Old 03-21-2004, 01:35 PM   #1  
Uber-Moderator!!

Post 22 Reasons You Might Be Fat Forever

Okay - our Dip (diphthong) posted this yesterday at the Ladies who Lift forum and it was TOO GOOD not to post here...especially since so many of the folks who post here at Buyer Beware are inquiring about the latest fad diet pill or nostrum...check THIS out.

Ah, last Saturday I was outside working in the yard for hours, and forgot to eat. I wasn't necessarily hungry, but forced myself to have something. It made me stop to think that this was *not* my program (5-6), and was an invitation for a stuff-arama. I was just so in to what I was doing that time got away from me. Perahps, just an early season reminder not to let it happen again.

Here's another 22 reasons someone posted up at the Dr. Phil forum some time back-

Quote:
22 Reasons You Might Be Fat Forever

1. You are still looking for a quick and easy solution to weight loss.

2. You think that diet and exercise are the only essential factors involved in weight loss.

3. You have not identified the psychological reasons that drive your eating patterns.

4. You have not learned to manage or heal the psychological reasons that drive your eating patterns.

5. You have a fear of or resistance to growing up and becoming a full adult.

6. You use food as a reward or a treat after any or all stressful events.

7. You think you can lose weight without making exercise a regular part of your day, every day.

8. You think you can lose weight by doing it “your way.”

9. You expect to lose weight without making significant lifestyle changes.

10. You refuse to learn to become a good receiver as well as a good giver.

11. You have never learned to be effectively and appropriately assertive.

12. You have not learned to express your anger in a healthy, honest fashion.

13. You have not learned to be self-nurturing except with food.

14. You are excessively self-critical.

15. You refuse to take responsibility for your life.

16. You resist learning to love yourself.

17. You resist learning to love your body before it is thin.

18. You have not faced your inner fears of being thin.

19. You are certain that spirituality (a connection to a force greater than you) is irrelevant to weight loss.

20. You think you can lose significant weight without the support of others.

21. You have deep emotional wounds that you refuse to explore and heal.

22. You are not prepared to have weight be an issue that you will have to face each and every day for the rest of your life.

OK, now you have some incredibly important information about yourself and the things that are blocking your weight loss. You now have a choice. You can get depressed and go into avoidance or denial, or you can choose to make a renewed and informed commitment to your growth and well-being. The decision you make could change your life and your body for good!

Matthew Anderson, D. Min., is a counselor, organizational consultant, seminar leader and the author of books and tapes that can help you overcome your obstacles to well-being.
Old 03-21-2004, 02:10 PM   #2  
Searching

Thanks Dip and Mrs. Jim! Yes, Yes, Yes! And it wasn't until I tried healing the whole me the weight starting coming off. These things can be applied to depression or any other struggles we face.

Thanks again,
Miss Chris
Old 03-24-2004, 11:53 AM   #3  
Rattie Lover

AMEN!!! I couldnt agree more!! May I post this on my other forums?? I think this is something the girls should read.
Old 03-25-2004, 08:59 AM   #4  

Default Credit where Credit's due

The original post was made by "ShihtzuX2" but unfortunately, she hasn't posted since Oct., '03 under that moniker, anyway. It makes me a little sad to see people come and go, and not hang out/hang on. I read those 22 reasons every day now.

dip
Old 03-25-2004, 11:16 AM   #5  
Rattie Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by diphthong
It makes me a little sad to see people come and go, and not hang out/hang on.
Me too Dip...me too. If they would only stay around and SEE what all this wonderful place has to offer...they'd never leave!! Like me..LOL!! I'm a permanent graffiti-on-the-wall here...
Old 03-25-2004, 02:23 PM   #6  
Old Cackler

oh DOUBLE WOW!!!!!

i'm printing this. and linking it in WLS...
Old 03-25-2004, 02:42 PM   #7  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Me too, I think some of the Atkins and Depression Board chickies could use this.

Not me of course

Oy, I think I circled every one above. Well almose everyone.
Closed Thread