South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 03-21-2004, 08:50 AM   #1  

Default So sad, can barely eat :(

My boyfriend and I just broke off a 2+ year relationship, and I'm so upset I just want to cry and cry and not eat. Can anyone remind me that this diet will only work if I eat a minimum amount? Any advice for getting some food in me?
Old 03-21-2004, 10:21 AM   #2  

awwwww blackberry hang in there it will be ok!!! eat small snacks you really need to nourish yourself. even if you don't really feel like it. hope you are feeling better soon!!!!
Old 03-21-2004, 11:13 AM   #3  

That's certainly a difficult life change. Be kind to yourself. You do need to cry for a little while but I am sure you know that each day will get a little easier.

And yes, you do need to eat a minimum amount, but if you have a couple of days where you are a little off program, the world will not come to an end. Just remember to get right back on as your grieving process becomes easier. Check back in with us and let us know how it is going.

Big hugs:
Old 03-21-2004, 01:43 PM   #4  

... and don't binge out on chocolate. Maybe keeping yourself busy with preparing meals and exercising will be a bit of a distraction. I hope you are feeling better soon.
Old 03-21-2004, 10:25 PM   #5  
mind of destructive taste

i dont have any advice. i just wanted to say that i am sorry, i hope you feel better and please take care of yourself.
Old 03-22-2004, 12:11 AM   #6  
Miss_Smarty_Pants

S/C/G: 160/150/130

Smile exercise

I find exercise can help you feel better. Even if you don't feel like doing it, think about how good you will feel after. Having accomplished it and getting that much closer to your goal will give you something positive to focus on.
Old 03-22-2004, 04:41 AM   #7  
Shieldmaiden of Rohan

Don't forget to pamper yourself. Take a long bubble bath, or stay in bed in your pajamas watching crappy daytime TV shows, or go out and get a brand-new hair color. Whatever you need to help yourself feel better.

If you're honestly concerned about not eating, I'd suggest cooking the meals and laying out snacks as if you're still eating normal amounts, and just the smells might make you hungry enough to nibble here and there and get some food into your system. And if they don't, you can always throw the food into the fridge for when you want it again.

But I'd say it's most important to take care of you right now.

So sorry to hear about your loss and hoping you're feeling okay
Old 03-22-2004, 11:59 AM   #8  

Thanks so much for your sweet and supportive replies! I've gotten most of my appetite back after the initial first two days, and I'm eating much better (still on program). I'm also working out which is definitely helping to elevate my mood.

The breakup was actually solely initiated by me, and I've since asked my b/f if we could get back together because I think I made a mistake. He told me that he still loves me a lot, but he needs a week to think about whether we can still be together because I said so many hurtful things to him when we broke up that he's now doubting whether I still want to be with him. Anyway, I just thought I'd update. It's going to be a hard week because we live in the same dorm, but we're trying to avoid each other until he makes his decision. Thanks again for the support. If anyone has been in this situation or has any advice, I'd love to hear your input.
Old 03-22-2004, 10:42 PM   #9  
A Lily from my yard!

Well if you said some pretty hurtful things and truly are sorry and really did not mean them and you told him that then you will just have to wait it out. Maybe that is his way of hurting you and I am sure he does have to think about it I know I would but I don't know how long it would take me. Words take a really long time to get over because even if the person says they are sorry and did not mean it I think a part of you feels that they really did and that can be hard to handle. This is all just my way of thinkin. You have to remember to say what you mean but don't say it mean. Unfortunatly that can be really hard sometimes. I hope it all works out for the best for you.
Old 03-23-2004, 09:35 AM   #10  
Strong not Skinny

Blackberry, poor thing, 19 years ago I broke it off more than once with my now husband. Real love helps you forget the hurtful things said in the heat of the moment, I usually and still am the one to say them. If your living in a dorm, you must be quite young. There is a lot of living to do,take it one day at a time, but live for today, not what you hope will happen tomorrow. Long walks reset all rational thinking.
Old 03-28-2004, 02:39 PM   #11  

Ugh, man I went through that feeling a couple of months ago. I was so depressed that I couldn't even feel hunger. It felt like my sadness was my food and I was full with it all the time. Later, when I stopped being so sad, my hunger came back with avengance. I binged out! Do eat, even if you don't feel like it. It is essential.
Closed Thread