Old 03-17-2004, 07:31 AM   #1  
Mom, Queen of Everything

Default Wednesday 2/17 -- Happy St. Paddy's Day!

Good morning everyone!!! Just time before workout for a quick wave and wishes to everyone for a great day! Not being Irish, and having an ever-dwindling number of clothing options to choose from, the best I can do today is green socks -- but the spirit is willing!
Spedmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2004, 09:21 AM   #2  
Mouth of the South

Happy St. Paddy's day all! Spedmom, I have the same problmem with clothes! Have most of my life. Let's hope they soon don't fit because they are too big! I do have a lot of Irish in me, but I don't make a big deal out of St. Paddys day. Being on Atkins, I can't drink (this is a good thing ) I finally started using the recepies in the back of the Atkins book the other day. I make the Korean skirt steak, and the Italian cream. They were both wonderful. I think the recepies are really important to keep people from getting bored. I know this is going to work this time. It's not just the weight, but my health on the line. I am really excited this time. Splenda is good stuff. For anyone on induction, don't eat the Endulge bars until OWL. The Atkins hotline told me that sugar alcohol isn't good for induction. It forces the body to burn that instead of fat. Have a great day all!
Catgirl67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2004, 11:58 AM   #3  
Head Princess

Happy day o' green and beer!

Sped - you do the best you can! I'm all green and purple today. I look more like Mardi Gras than St. Paddy's

Catgirl - Adventures in food are a definite key to success! Honestly, I think the endulge bars should be avoided all together (unless you really need a tasty laxative). Try ZCarb. It's sweetened mainly with splenda and only has 4 grams of sugar alcohols. The dark chocolate is especially good because dark chocolate is full of flavanoids.

I ended up working almost 14 hours yesterday, but **** time is now over!!!! Yippee!!!! I'm working for 3 more hours today and then it's off to the beer tent! It's pretty likely that I'll just nurse a light beer (Miller light is only 3.2 grams) and watch the co-workers get sloppy, but it will still be great fun.

Froufy - if you're out there, I DID IT!!!!! As of today, I am able to drink my coffee with no cream and NO splenda! It's taken months, but thanks to you, I'm now fully weaned. Wa-hooo!!!!

Have a great day everyone!
StarPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2004, 12:04 PM   #4  
Each Bite of Sugar...

I'm so excited!! I just discovered that there is an Atkins support group at my work that meets once a week. They've invited me to join!! No, I haven't started again, but will once we move - that is my goal. When the stress of living with mom is gone to really commit myself to Atkins WOE... and get dh on board.

I meet with them the first time today!! Woo-Hooo!! Not that you ladies aren't great but these are all people I know and can meet with in person for support.... and I need all the support I can get.

Of course, we have had a WW support group for like a year now, but those cost $12/week to go. This one is free - and Atkins!! (My department is only 13 people but my office building holds like 1000 people - so there could be all kinds of support groups! LOL!!)

Just wanted to share!
StorybookMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2004, 12:12 PM   #5  
Head Princess

How is it that we have 2 threads today?

Someone started in on the beer early today!!!
StarPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote