South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 03-17-2004, 03:32 AM   #1  

Default Wednesday Chatter

Mittewoche at last. This week is drag drag dragging for me.

Woke to the sound of loud caterwauling cat fight going on. Went to break it up (assuming it was Baldrick (old tomcat) and Madge (middle aged lady cat, psychotic and paranoid but a fighter). ) So I follow the noise and find Baldrick in mid brawl with the big fat fluffy tabby from down the street IN MY DINING ROOM!!!! So I pitch in on Baldrick's side, because although he used to be King of the Cats in years gone by, he is now sadly a bit decrepid.

So I let him think he is the one winning the fight against bfft but make sure bfft knows that now I am here he had better exit sharpish. He had come through the catflap and out he went the same way (we have one of those magnet locks but bfft is so b he had blasted through it).

I praise Balrick for his bravery. A few years ago we had several hundred £s of vets bills for him as he was so 'off', and it turned out that he was depressed! Because he had lost his supreme Ruler of the Allotments and All Gardens position you see. So we have to make sure his esteem is not too dented by this Tabby Invasion.

Next thing that happens I go back upstairs and look out of the window - bfft is still lurking in the garden. So I put my pjs on, and slippers, and get a large glass of water, and slip out........run down the garden making battle cry (thoaty noise which scares cats) and chuck the water at bfft. It misses. I pursue him, making noise, but he escapes. Hopefully he wont be back.

I start to feel a little foolish for being out in my cloud print pjs and red slippers making cat scaring noise at 7am. Hopefully the neighbours missed the show.

There is no food in the house, so I am off to the shops.

xx
Old 03-17-2004, 06:53 AM   #2  

Height: 5'-2"

Thank you, Clovey. I needed that laugh.
Old 03-17-2004, 07:01 AM   #3  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Clovey I am glad you stopped to put on your PJ'S
Old 03-17-2004, 07:11 AM   #4  

lmao!! Clovey, you should write a collection of stories!
Old 03-17-2004, 07:15 AM   #5  
I vant to draw your blood

Good morning, Chicks--

Clovey, you gave me a wonderful mental picture there...hee hee...

Not a whole heckuvalot going on around here. Lovebirds are doing their usual early morning shrieking...I think they're communicating with the cardinals and titmice in the back yard.

Slept much better, though. Took two Tylenol, rubbed some Tiger balm on my temples and spritzed the sinuses with Flonase before beddybye to head off any potential sinus headaches.

Like Old Mother Hubbard, my cupboard is bare. I've got a couple eggs on to boil to make an egg sandwich for lunch. I really do need to do some shopping. I'm craving salad. I've BEEN craving it ever since I found out it wasn't the greens giving my digestive tract all sorts of ****, but the blue cheese.

I think I'll put in a salad garden this weekend.

Well, you all have a great day.

TTFN

Mamacita
Old 03-17-2004, 08:00 AM   #6  

Salad garden mamacita! Yes! Great idea. I put in the first spring onions this morning - I bought the ones that come on a strip that you plant in the ground so you get a straight row. That should please The Commandandt ie the allotment 'site supervisor'. He sneered mightily at my pea cultivation ambitions today although was roundedly told off by his very nice wife Liz for doing so. She invited me to a gardeners question time thing at the URC next week (Commandandt said I should 'show my support' by turning up ).

Harvested the second to last savoy cabbage this morning. Might have that for supper. Maybe I will offer the final one as a sacrifice to Commandandt and Liz, on the basis that I am so spiteful about him behind his back. Buy back some karma.

And on the pjs front this morning, I am glad I remembered them too.......I have to say it was a close run thing, as I was so absorbed in Cat Wars
Old 03-17-2004, 08:18 AM   #7  
GARDENING ADDICT

Clovey, my dear, you are one wild woman!! It's never a dull moment with you around here

Mamacita~~It looks like another beautiful day in GA I'm going to The Pottery in Commerce today with a friend.And maybe stop for a nice salad at lunch time.

Ellis~~How's it going, sweetie?? Is the apt ready for the "new lady"? Sending you "happy vibes" :

Ruth~~Where are you....? she's probably out using her pedomiter.

Gavinsmom and LC~~Good morning chickies :

HAPPY ST. PATRICKS DAY TO EVERYBODY
Old 03-17-2004, 08:20 AM   #8  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Clovey, you slay me! I envy you your gardening harvest. Savoy cabbage! And it winters over! I wanna move over the pond!

Would you believe I slept in this morning and it's St. Patrick's Day!?!? I've got a corned beef in the crockpot and the dump stuff organized but need to bundle up and trudge it out to the road! Maybe I should just put on my jammies?

Mamacita, I'm glad you are feeling better. Don't titmice hurt? sorry

I will take Harry to the Library this morning and then Hersh and I will go to her "job" followed immediately by treadmill session #2. Miss Lucy is still holding out. I am wondering if she may have been in heat at the same time as Hersh in January and we missed it.

Top o' the mornin' to yez!
Old 03-17-2004, 08:22 AM   #9  

morning everyone,
well the sun is shining today eventhough it is really cold and the snow is done for now so i guess it will be a good day.

clovey loved your story, i used to have a great battle cat like that was always getting into scuffs thank goodness though they were always outside.

hope everyone has a great day. off to get my coffee and get to work.
Old 03-17-2004, 09:25 AM   #10  

Good morning all! It's just after 6 here in sunny? (overcast) southern california.

Clovey, that was a fabulous story. I can just picture it.

The only excitement we had around here last night was a lizard under the piano. Had to call two neighbors over to help herd him and take him outside before the cat got him! It was somewhat comical if not repetitive: step one move piano, step two watch lizard run under piano, step three move piano again, step four watch lizard run under piano again, etc. He finally got worn out enough that they could grab him.

RuthXXX, I wonder if your "furchildren" know just how good they have it!

Mamacita -- I wonder how the shrieking of lovebirds compares to my 3 parrots! They always start up at dawn and again at twilight.

So I am off for three grueling days of trial in a city 1 1/2 hours from where I live which means 3 hours just to go there and back. That also means three days of lunch in restaurants so I need to be careful if I am going to be part of Clovey's challenge. I am so looking forward to the weekend!

Last edited by SoCalBirdLady; 03-17-2004 at 09:28 AM. Reason: Oops, said Ellis when I meant RuthXXX!
Old 03-17-2004, 09:26 AM   #11  

Jeez, Ruth, I was getting worried about you. I was actually thinking of calling you!

Sil, our tenant moved in a week and a half ago, and she's wonderful! Things are working out really well, thank you.

I am FROZEN! There's actually a windchill this morning. -15. crap. And I've got "that thing", and I'm aching all over. Maybe I'll get back into bed with a book. If I could slip into a coma for the next two weeks, I might win the 5 pound challenge.
Old 03-17-2004, 09:27 AM   #12  
Professional dieter

S/C/G: 250/232/130

Height: 5'3"

Happt St Patrick's Day everybody! I want to keep this guy with the little green hat he is cute!
I too slept in today. Last year I got up at the butt crack of dawn and went to our local pub and ate breakfast and drank and listened to bands all day, but, alas, my partner in crime had to work today!
Funny story Clovey.
Talk to you chicks later. Have a great OP day!
Old 03-17-2004, 09:28 AM   #13  

SoCal, I love your lizard story.
Old 03-17-2004, 09:43 AM   #14  
Strong not Skinny

I think I'm going to like your beach...what an interesting group, such exciting animals! Memphis is going to be beautiful and sunny today. As I drove to school this am the Bradford Pear trees are in full glory, huge fluffy white trees. I love spring! So many possibilities.... It's much easier to "Beach It" when you know there are so many others everywhere doing it. Had a fab omelet, heading to sew for the day. Need to check out that 5# challenge as my weekend looks void of any alcohol. Can't wait for these 2 weeks to pass...
Old 03-17-2004, 09:53 AM   #15  
Reeling Reverend

Morning chicks!! I have received any number of strange looks (more than usual) this morning, likely due to the fact that I have dellyboppers in clover shape on my head and an obnoxious green and white necklace on. It's the day of my people!! I swear, folks used to get into the spirit of St. Paddy's day, but I think those days are limited, if not over... No one I've seen today in the building is wearing green. Don't think I haven't pinched anyone!!

Yesterday I came down with Workitis. I woke up and just couldn't drag myself out of bed! Typically, I would suck it up, but there was just something yesterday that I couldn't do it. Noodles and I snuggled in bed pretty much all day. It was GREAT!

Now I'm back, and the pile of work that was tidy and nearly done on Monday has consumed what little space on my desk I have and making nasty faces....

Ruth- I think that's a tit-VICE that hurts... (oh, I'm so bad )

Clovey- If I hadn't used the restroom before I started reading your post, I surely would have while reading it. That was the best!!

Have a great day, chickies!!!
Closed Thread