UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 03-16-2004, 09:03 AM   #1  

Default Nearly reached my target weight!

undefinedHi there everyone, I am new to these boards! Just wanted to introduce myself. My names Natasha, and i'm from Birmingham in the UK (although not born there - orginal from Bristol and then moved here to be with my boyfriend). I'm 25 and for the last year I have been counting calories! I dont even know what made me start to be honest, I have always been big and I was happy too, but last year, I decided I wanted to know what it would feel like to be thinner.

So, last April I started to count everything I eat. I stuck to a 1000 a day, and also did regular exercise. I started at 19 stone (266lbs) and the last time I weight (yesterday), I was 13 stone 2lbs (184lbs). I'm now a size 14, and when I started I was a size 22. I want to get into a weight which will give me a healthy BMI. The top weight to do this is 11,13 (167lbs), and i've just got 17 pounds left to go to get there!!!

I'm going on holiday at the end of may, and my target is to get down to a healthy weight before I go. Anyway, just thought I would say hello and share my story so far! Hope everyones diet is going well!!

Luv Tash

XX
Tasha-25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2004, 11:19 AM   #2  
Just one bite at a time

S/C/G: 210/210/146

Height: 5'5"

Congratulations and a big warm welcome!

You have done really well and I bet you get a lot of support here, we love happy almost endings.

I had a couple of new clients sign on for weight management yesterday. I absolutely loved it when one lady turned tound and said "You know what it's like Stef - the last 3 stones are the hardest to shift". We all collapsed laughing, cos we all got that sort of distance to go!

I'll share your story with them next week, no names no pack drill just '"Look girls it can be done!"

Keep on coming back for support and we'll all cheer you on
stef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2004, 12:10 PM   #3  

Thanks ever so much for making me feel so welcome Stef! I shall keep working at it, and fingers crossed lose the last few stone to get into a healthy weight range. Cant really believe I've done it! Its been a struggle at times, but well worth it. Cant wait to go on holiday in May and be wearing a size 12 (fingers crossed). I felt like i'd missed out on wearing nice clothes as a teenager, so i'm going to really enjoy it when I can go on a massive shopping trip for a whole new wardrobe. ;-)

Thanks again for making me feel welcome, i'll keep you posted on losing the last stone and a bit. ;-)

Luv Tasha
Old 03-16-2004, 12:50 PM   #4  

Way to go Tash! Well done! Now do a happy dance around your room (that'll be good exercise!).

Be sure to give all your "fat clothes" to charity!
peacock 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2004, 03:45 PM   #5  

well done you go girl !!!! you never know next year i might be saying the same thanks for the encouragement
linus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2004, 04:32 AM   #6  

Thanks for that Linus! If I can do it, I know you can! I'm sure in a years time you will be saying the same thing!! While I was losing it, it seemed to take a really long time, but looking back now, a year isnt that long at all. Still have a few pounds to go though. 17 pounds left before I get into my healthy weight range, and i'll see how I feel then, as to whether I want to lose any more. Good luck with your diet, you can do it!! And remeber, if you slip up one day, dont worry, just get back on track the next!

Thanks peacock 2 - I gave most of my old fat clothes to charity at the weekend, I kept a few things, so I can put them back on and see just how much i've lost. ;-) Was a bit sad really, some of the clothes I really liked, but I just had to keep thinking of all the nicer things I will be putting in the wardrobe soon. ;-)

Luv Tash

XXX
Old 03-17-2004, 11:10 PM   #7  
Gym'll fix it!!

Well Done Tash nearly 6sts lost you must feel fabulous Gosh, you must have a lot of willpower to stick to 1000cals a day think i can eat that at one meal
cat90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2004, 08:11 AM   #8  

Thanks Cat90, yeah just two more pounds to lose before i've lost 6 stone. Yeah it does feel good to have lost this much, I just wait to get rid of the last bit now, and start to buy the new clothes!! It was really hard at first to stick a 1000 cals a day, I cheated allot at first but after a few months, I got use to that much food, and once you start to notice the difference and other people notice too, it gave me the will power. However, I did slip up a few times, but you just have to remeber not to beat yourself up over it, forget about it and just get back on track again the next day. FIngers crossed the next few pounds will go soon.
Old 03-20-2004, 02:41 PM   #9  
Must Stay Motivated

Congratulations on your weight loss. That is fantastic. Together we can lose the weight we want to. Everyone here is so supportive. I am sure that you will shift the rest in no time.
Superwitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2004, 08:34 AM   #10  

Afternoon everyone, how is everyone doing on their diets? I had my weigh in last night, and I have lost another 2 pounds this week, which takes me down to 13 stone exactly, which is exactly 6 stone gone in just under a year, which I am really chuffed about!

Had some major cravings this week though, so it was really tough!! I just wanted anything and everything I couldnt eat! I did even feel hungry, but I just really wanted choclate, fish and chips, cheese - just about anything I could get my hands on. I managed to stay within my 1000 cals a day though, well except for last night. I had already had all my calories for the day, and was still craving choclate and my boyfriend bought my a creme egg, so I had it!!! but, I felt guilty after, so i've taken the 170 extra calories off of todays allowance. So i'm having alightly less to eat today to make up for it, but it was WELL worth it, it was lovely!!

So, now i've got a stone and one pound to go before I get into a healthy weight range for my height of 5,8. I'll see how I feel when I get there, but i'm thinking about around ten and a half stone will be about right. My holiday is the end of May, so I think i'll be in my healthy weight range by then at least, which is fab! I think it will take till june or July to get down to ten and half though, but i'll see how it goes. Will be really nice to just be a normal BMI and be able to buy clothes in any shop!!! I am planning a major shopping spree in the middle of May, just before my holiday to replace all my old clothes. I have been trying not to buy too much and save up for when i've lost most of the weight.

I got into my very first size 12 at the weekend, which was such a brilliant feeling!! I cant ever remeber being anything less than a size 18! With a stone and a bit to go at least, I might be down to a size 10 before I finish, which would be cool.

Anyway, now that I have had the creme egg and I also counted in a snack size aero bar in todays food, i'm not craving so much rubbish! The trouble is, everyone in work eats so much nice food (I work in a office, and every day theres cakes, crips, chocs ect ect) and i just feel really jealous!! Plus, they all go to the pub at lunch and have endless amounts of lovely white wine, which is 100 a glass! But, despite that, I have somehow managed to stick to the calories, so i'm very chuffed with that. I'll keep you posted on losing the last few pounds. It seems to be getting harder!!

Let me know how you are all doing!!

Luv Tash

XX
Old 03-25-2004, 11:02 AM   #11  
Gym'll fix it!!

Hiya Tash, congrats on the weightloss god, i can feel your enthusiasm coming through the screen i wish i could get as psyched up as you but i'm coming around after a weekend of eating junk till the cows come home i'm finally back on the wagon, i kid you not..i ate so much chocolate that i felt a little sick and i have'nt touched any since my vice now is the caramilk eggs (it was the creme ones but i've gone on to the caramilk ones now) i got through 6 of the little buggers over the weekend along with a large bag of werthers chocs as well no wonder i felt the last couple of days when i've gone shopping i've looked at them and thought "Oh No" it won't last tho' especially after Easter when they are all on sale i'll stock up then!!

I had an excellent day yesterday even got in half and hour of exercise wish they were all as easy as that but if they were then we'd all be thin would'nt we?

Last edited by cat90; 03-25-2004 at 11:04 AM.
cat90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2004, 12:12 PM   #12  

Thanks for the reply! I dont feel that motivated at the moment, but I am trying really hard I seem to be doing pretty well at stoping the sweet cravings. My job is getting really boring at the moment, so it's giving me more time to think about nice food gotta keep on track though, and think about how much i've lost so far and where I want to go. I'm almost finished work for the day now, and I have a weight watchers meal to look forward to when I get in Sounds like you are doing fine, a little of what you fancy does you good at all that Just keep focused and you'll be fine Keep me updated on how you're doing!

Love Tash
Old 04-08-2004, 08:40 AM   #13  

Afternoon everyone!

Thought I would update everyone on the my progress for getting rid of the last few pounds.

I'm now to 12 stone, 11 pounds (179 pounds) so i've got 32 pounds to go until I get down to my ultimate goal weight of 10 stone 7 and only 12 pounds to go before I have a healthy BMI and i'm at the top end of my healthy weight range.

My holiday is in 8 weeks, so if I lose about two pounds a week, I should be a healthy weight before I go, and not long after I should be at my ultimate weight goal (probably take till the summer - July I should imagine). So i'm getting there slowly.

If I do get down to 10 stone 7, that will be a total of 8 and a half stone gone (119 pounds down), which is pretty good I reckon Just have to hope I can keep it like that.

How's everyone going cope over easter with all that lovely choclate??? I've got to clean the house today and then tomorrow me and my boyfriend are going to be painting the bedroom (hopefully that wont run into Saturday as well) and then on Sunday my family are coming up and we are all going out for dinner. I'm really looking forward to it, going to allow myself to have a really nice dinner and even a desert choclate fudge cake and ice cream sounds yummy!!!!! I'll try to add it to my calorie allowance though (I think i'll have chicken and veg - aprox 300 cals and then the cake - aprox 500 cals) which leaves me 200 for the rest of the day I can taste it now.... Cant wait.

No plans for easter monday though, but will be nice to have a break from work, so looking forward to the weekend. Work is very boring at the moment, so just wishing it was 5:30, so I can go home! Or at least sit in traffic on the way home

So what is everyone else up to this weekend? Will the diets suffer over easter? I started this diet April last year, so I have no idea how on earth I managed to stay on track over easter when I had only just started

Never mind, this summer I will be 10 stone 7 I hope!!!

Hope you are all well and have a fab easter holiday.

Luv Tash

XX
Old 04-08-2004, 08:47 AM   #14  

Tash you have done brilliantly Can't wait till I've lost that much ( ) Or even half that much!
veggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2004, 12:30 PM   #15  

Cheers Viggie You'll get there too!! It seems to take forever, but it is well worth it, so stick with it! If I can do it, you can! It wasnt always easy, and I did get depressed and want to give up but i'm very glad I didnt, and now I can see the end I know it will be the hardest bit trying to stick to the weight I want to be though, but i'll just have to try and cope with that when I get there Wish me luck for the easter break, I may need it with all the choclate around, nah i'll be fine - as long as I can have my choclate fudge cake at the pub on Sunday with my family!!

Take care!

Luv Tash
X