South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 03-16-2004, 04:44 AM   #1  

Default Tuesday Chattering

Hi ladies

Starting off this morning as I got the sun first today (as I seem to every day).

Shall we buy a cottage in Somerset? How about this one? Or this one?

I love property websites. Dreamy dreamy.

So today is two clients, and an easy evening reading a book. What could be nicer? In between I shall be here working (or looking at property websites) Catch up with you all later...!
Old 03-16-2004, 05:36 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Send the sun this way, Clovey. It'll be here in an hour or so although hiding behind clouds again. March weather!

This is Greenhouse morning and will be so good after a somewhat hectic day yesterday! It'll be great to see how much the baskets I did last week have grown.

Spent most of yesterday on Dog and Dentist duty! Hersh did NOT like the treadmill but we are going to persevere. I also got a whole passel of veggies, offal, chicken meat and ground bones that had to be dealt with and turned into doggie dinners. Tyank God for my old Cuisinart foor processor! We are all set now!

Sleeping has been lousy but is improving! I was in bed by 10 last night and woke at 3:20 instead of 4:20. I did go back and woke at 5:20. I wonder about my brain. I've been retired for six years now but always got up at 5:20 exactly so I could corporate up and get to work by 7! I need a lobotomy to get rid of that habit.

Clovey, I want a property in Somerset so I can grow decent roses! Stop tempting me!

Have a super Tuesday, Beauties.
Old 03-16-2004, 06:20 AM   #3  

Morning Chicks!

Clovey - I like the 2nd one; although it's a little dark, I'm a window chick; need to get that vitamin K!
It's rainy here today; I'm headed outta town for a meeting in Athens; will be back tomorrow but will have to go to the food tasting for the caterer tomorrow night in Atlanta. Maybe the food will be worth eating! At the price they are asking it should be!

Ruth - Have fun in the greenhouse! I always wanted one. I love flowers. I took a Greenhouse management course in college and loved it.

Well better hit the shower! I'll check in ASAP! have a great day
Old 03-16-2004, 07:28 AM   #4  
I vant to draw your blood

Good morning, Chicklets--

Spent a lousy night with the sinus headache from ****. Ugh.

Nascar Girl, I read your post from yesterday. Want me to come down to Newnan with the Skillet Brigade and whomp on that sorry *** excuse of a guy for you? I'm sorry, but bad divorce or not, comments like that are beyond the pale...there's no excuse for saying nasty, hurtful things like that, which could haunt you for the rest of your days.

When my dh and I got married, I weighed a monumental 107 pounds. As of this week, I'm DOWN to 184. He's concerned about my weight and the ramifications on my health, but he's never told me that I'm not attractive anymore. Just the opposite as a matter of fact.

Not to lecture, but you may want to rethink a relationship with this character...he sounds like he's a toxic person. (((((((HUGS to you, sweetie)))))
Old 03-16-2004, 07:40 AM   #5  

Hi all!

Had my first glass of wine last night since I started Phase II!! It was to celebrate because I found out I passed my comprehensive exam!!! I took this exam 6 weeks ago and I have been on pins and needles since. It was a 5 question essay exam. They give you 5 days to do it. I ended up writing 39 pages!!!

Nascar Girl: Guys can say things before they realize what it means....I guess the question is...is this behavior the norm or the exception. If it's the former I'd probably give him the benefit of the doubt...but not without letting him suffer a little!!! My DH...who is the most supportive, unconditionally loving man said to me...after I showed him a picture of the wedding dress I had picked out: "that's a nice dress, but I think it's for a skinny woman". Yeah...I married him any way! :lol

I had some quiche cups for breakfast....I added a bit more egg substitute than the recipe called for...cause they just didn't seem "eggy" enough...I think it was a good call...they are delish.

Clovey: A year ago my DH and I took a fantastic trip to London and we took a train for a day excursion to Bath...what a nice city!!! I vote for the 2nd one too...but remember: location, location, location. I like the windows in the 2nd one....looks a bit like a church.

Take care all!
Old 03-16-2004, 08:23 AM   #6  

Height: 5'-2"

Quicky... Clovey, please buy the second one. I'll start packing my bags. Have my room ready for an extended stay.

Ruthie, you're a morning person. That's all there is to it. Please don't use that food processor when you make me soup.

Nascar Girl... hugs, sweetie. Sounds like you need to sit down with DH and have a good talk about hurt feelings. I'll keep you in my prayers...

Marmacita, I hope your headache is gone.

Bluegrass Girl, congratulations on passing your exam!!

Must run... waiting for a delivery of a fridge and stove for the apartment...
Old 03-16-2004, 08:58 AM   #7  

morning all!!

clovey #2 for sure, i love the stone floors.

ellis sounds like you are just about ready for the new tennants good job!!

nascar girl hang in there. we're all sexy period! as long as you feel it inside that's all that matters. big hug for you!!

ruth have a great time at the greenhouse. i'm starting to think spring is never gonna show here in ohio, i am sitting here in the middle of a snow storm they're saying 6-10inches today all the schools are closed etc. what's up with that???

bluegrassgirl congrats on the exam!!! keep up the good work.

hi there momacita!! have a great day.

i have a special request this morning ladies----could someone out there throw a rock under the wheel of the wagon so i can climb back on???? i am totally disgusted with myself this cheating weekend was just the tip of the iceburg. i can't believe the slope is that slippery, last friday i was on top of the world and today i am way down somewhere covered in chocolate syrup and carbohydrates. it's like quicksand i tell you. hopefully just the fact that i am sharing this with you all will help me get back in line. gonna try my darndest to stay totally op today. i think i will reread the book tonight and try to get my enthusiasm back.

have a great day to anyone i missed!!
Old 03-16-2004, 10:23 AM   #8  
A Lily from my yard!

Hey all quick pop in. I am goin to get my sisters 2 lil Angels today. They are 2 and 4. I'm keeping them until Friday. Now I'm thinkin what was I thinkin! They are a handful but are so sweet. I'll try to check in later.
Old 03-16-2004, 10:31 AM   #9  
GARDENING ADDICT

I was awake at 2:40 this morning, up with DH as he got ready for work. At 3:15, after a few cups of coffee I got on the computer. Just as I got to 3FC's, the electricity went out on the street (raining outside). Damm, there I was all coffeed-up and can't do a darn thing. Laid in bed for who knows how long, then finally fell back to sleep. Lazy day planned for today.

Jodi~~I kicked a rock under the wagon wheel and the group will boost you back on.

Good morning to everybody here, and all to come. A special welcome to all the new chicks on the beach
Old 03-16-2004, 10:32 AM   #10  
GARDENING ADDICT

Bamie~~Good luck, girl (and enjoy! )
Old 03-16-2004, 11:13 AM   #11  

Jodi, get your butt in gear, girl!!

Bamie, have fun with your little angels!

Sil, you're using that beautiful photo! You are such a babe.

I'm extremely unpopular today. I'm making the entire family clean. The entire house. It's freakin' disgusting in here, man!
Old 03-16-2004, 11:32 AM   #12  

Hi all,
the sleeplessness....it must be food deprivation. So many emotions and neuroses swimming around in my head last night, and became extremely angry at DH (feel unappreciated and neglected) and slept on the couch. Can't shove it all down with ice cream and cookies so it sits there in my head waiting to be sorted through and discarded. UGH.
thanks for e-listening,
MM
Old 03-16-2004, 11:51 AM   #13  

Hugs, Moonmirror... You're doing the right thing in not trying to solve your problems with food. They won't go away with the food, and you'll only feel worse after feeding your face. Hang in there, sweetie... this is whole new way of life... you can do this!
Old 03-16-2004, 11:59 AM   #14  

Bluegrass gyrl-- I have been foregoing wine since I am still in my first two weeks, but last night was a French restaurant and I believe it is the RULES that one must have wine! So I had just a glass of merlot. Perhaps this is rationalization, but I have never had my 75 calories of "sweet treats" in any day so I don't feel like this was a cheat.

Jodi, hang in there. Today is a fresh new day. You can do it!

Clovey -- I'll be on my way to Somerset any time you say. And, by then, I hope to fit into those coach airline seats much better than I do now!
Old 03-16-2004, 12:05 PM   #15  

Hey, Ellis, get a cleaner, and make everyone pay out of their pocket money.
Closed Thread