South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 03-15-2004, 06:52 PM   #1  

Talking New fat chick on the beach! Hello!

Let me preface this by saying...I've ordered the book and am waiting for it to arrive in the mail, so the only knowledge I have is what I've found on the internet, but what I've read sounds really good.

I am a Weight Watchers dropout. As wonderful as I think Weight Watchers is, as an addict of sweets and carbs I tended to pack in all 22 points in bread, sugar, or beer!! Not healthy...lost weight, but didn't feel good, and was ALWAYS hungry. Always.

While on WW, I was as derisive as I could be to my parents, who were on Atkins. I thought they were crazy. But now, almost ten months later and 12 pounds heavier, and beset with a constant, crazed, never-ending desire for sugar and carbs, I find myself at SBD.

Day one today. I don't know why and I can't really explain it, but I haven't had a hunger pang all day, staying away from sugar feels easy, and I have energy. Interesting. We'll see how I feel one week later!!

Glad to find this board! I'm getting ready to read up on all your messages to find out more!

Peace...MM
Old 03-15-2004, 07:31 PM   #2  

Height: 5'-2"

Welcome to the Beach, Moon!
Old 03-15-2004, 08:10 PM   #3  

Moonmirror--

Welcome! That's my story too. I lost weight in weight watchers but the point counting was tedious and there is no way I could do that for the rest of my life. I am just starting my second week on the beach. I don't know if I have lost because I had to buy a new scale at the end of the first week, but this plan is definitely do-able.

I also like the fact that it was designed by a cardiologist.

Glad to have you on the beach with us!
Old 03-15-2004, 08:39 PM   #4  
Buggin' with Pugs

Welcom Moon, glad you joined us.. the water is fine!!! I am wrapping up Day 1 myself and so far so good. The recipes are very good so far and I am pretty pleased with way I am feeling. Not tired and full. Hope you get your book soon!!!
Old 03-15-2004, 09:29 PM   #5  

Welcome moonmirror

I love SBD because it is so easy to stick to for a longer period of time. I am really used to eating tons of vegies and drinking loads of water that I really crave them if I don't get my quota. My cravings for carbos especially sweet foods are almost non-existent and I can satisfy them with a diet drink, sugar free desert or herbal tea. I don't feel fatigued mid-afternoon anymore because I have a snack of nuts and yogurt which lasts me through until dinner time.

I have lost weight on weight watchers before but always end up putting it back on again. This time I want to get it off and keep it off. I feel that SBD is teaching me life time healthy eating practices.

Good luck with your weight loss.
Old 03-15-2004, 09:31 PM   #6  
mind of destructive taste

just wanted to say welcome to the beach.. i am new here as of today also!
Old 03-15-2004, 09:35 PM   #7  

Moon: Welcome to the beach! I too am a WW dropout. This is a doable plan! Pull up a chair and don't forget th sunscreen!
Old 03-15-2004, 09:39 PM   #8  

Default Thanks for the welcome, everyone!!

Day one:

two eggs fried in healthy balance light
six cherry tomatoes

1/4 cup mixed nuts

one hot dog sans bun with mustard
celery sticks and red pepper strips

1/4 cup mixed nuts
black tea with a splash of nonfat milk
green tea with a splash of nonfat milk

tilapia fillets sauteed in olive oil with onions and red peppers
salad with cherry tomatoes, cucumbers, carrots, and olive oil/balsamic
steamed broccoli

lots of good chilled mineral water

That's my day...not that you had to read it, I just liked writing it anyway, anyone know the limits on whole eggs and nuts (both of which I adore)

Thanks!!!
Old 03-15-2004, 10:22 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

I'm a WW dropout too! Keeping track of my points just drove me nuts, and I was always thinking of food, which made me hungrier! This diet is so much easier. On Phase 1 you aren't allowed carrots, but can have all the eggs you want. Also, nuts are limited to 12 to 20 a day, depending on the kind, so be careful. Good luck to you!
Old 03-15-2004, 11:28 PM   #10  
A Lily from my yard!

Hey Welcome to the beach!
Old 03-16-2004, 04:20 AM   #11  

Hi there, and welcome! Sounds as if you are doing fine. I did WW as well and lost two stone (28lbs) which I kept off, but then could not shift any more for several years and wanted a change.
Old 03-16-2004, 06:15 AM   #12  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Welcome to the Beach.
Check out the FAQ section for allowed foods as listed in the book. Don't fret over the carrots but do eliminate the hot dog. The only pork or been products allowed are lean and pure and weiners and sausages don't fit that category.
Old 03-16-2004, 09:05 AM   #13  

welcome to the beach moon!!!
Old 03-16-2004, 10:08 AM   #14  
GARDENING ADDICT

Welcome to the beach, Moon
Old 03-16-2004, 10:30 AM   #15  

Thanks guys!! I appreciate the feedback on my first diet day without my book! We had hot dogs in the fridge; otherwise I'd have picked something healthier I can leave out the carrots though (as long as I get tomatoes I'm happy).

Amazing....haven't been able to break past 161 or so for weeks, this morning on the scale...158.5! How in the heck does this diet work??
Closed Thread