South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 03-14-2004, 11:01 AM   #1  

Default New Scale

I so wish I would have purchased a new scale before I began the SBD.

My old one was the kind with a dial and it was difficult to see one pound increments. I also didn't quite trust it and it didn't seem like I was losing any weight.

So, I went out and bought a brand new digital scale and it weighed me three pounds heavier than my old scale did a week ago when I began!

I am still going to stick to the SBD but I guess my real fear is that I am not losing. My clothes don't fit any differently from the way they did a week ago.

I haven't been closely monitoring portion size and I also fear my ratio of meat/cheese to veggies may not be what Dr. A considers to be "normal" servings.

I am sticking with this another week, though. Wish me luck.
Old 03-14-2004, 11:20 AM   #2  
Professional dieter

S/C/G: 250/232/130

Height: 5'3"

Don't give up! Scales have huge differences in them. I too have noticed this. My clothes didn't start feeling any different until like the third week. Be sure that you are filling your day with low cal veggies instead of the higher calorie nuts and cheeses. Yes, they are OP, but calories still count!
Old 03-14-2004, 02:02 PM   #3  

If you stick to the plan you should lose weight. Remember to drink lots of water and exercise as well. This should help you lose inches because it will tone you up in the right places and you will increase your metabolism.

I ate really large portions the first 5-7 days because I was always hungry (probably detoxing from all those bad carbos) but then my appetite diminished and I could cut back my portions. Now I feel like I am eating normal sized portions and often have to remind myself to eat my snacks even though I don't really feel hungry. If I don't eat my snacks and drink my water then I am starved by the next meal and tend to overeat. This is really bad if it happens at dinner time because I feel like snacking all evening which is what put on the pounds to start with.

Don't get disheartened. I jump on the scales regularly and it is amazing how much your weight fluctuates over a day let between bathroom scales or over a longer period of time. You will need to lose about 10 pounds to notice any difference in your clothes.
Old 03-14-2004, 11:47 PM   #4  
Miss_Smarty_Pants

S/C/G: 160/150/130

I to noticed that I was ALWAYS hungry at first, but now I'm going into week 2 and find I don't really eat the snacks all the time (even though you're supposed to). I find it best to weigh in only once a week (which for me is VERY hard to do). It keeps me from getting too discouraged. At the very least, weigh yourself at the same time each time. That way the little fluctuations won't be noticable. I'm in the habit of weighing myself first thing in the morning before I workout or eat. I don't know if it's more convenient or the fact I weigh less in the morning, lol.
Closed Thread