South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 03-08-2004, 10:19 PM   #1  

Default water question

Hello - I'm new and thinking of starting sbd this week. (Grocery shopping day is Wed.!) One question.....how essential is the tons of water recommended?

I'm a teacher, so bathroom breaks are few and far between. There's no way I can drink much of anything between 7:30 and 3:30.

Thanks! Marymax
Old 03-09-2004, 05:58 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Welcome to The Beach, MaryMax.

Water is essential, I'm afraid, but I can see you would have a problem drinking it during teaching hours. Maybe try a glass a half hour before recess and lunch break? It really will help your weightloss. If it's any consolation, your bladder does get used to the extra load in a few weeks.
Old 03-09-2004, 08:02 AM   #3  

Height: 5'-2"

Welcome, Mary!
Old 03-09-2004, 11:34 AM   #4  

it is true about your bladder getting used to it, really! And it does help weight loss. I stopped drinking my water a few weeks ago and instead had a week or two on lots of coffee and lots of wine, and some salty food too, and put on seven pounds in days. It is to do with retaining water. I started back on the water and herbal teas and the weight fell off again. So do try and find a way to drink more water, even if you build it up gradually.

good luck
Old 03-09-2004, 01:49 PM   #5  

Try having a sipper bottle in class. I find that if I have a big glass of water it passes straight through but if I sip all day then it seems to get absorbed through the body or something. Your body adjusts pretty soon and you will find that you don't need to 'go' quite so often. If you are not getting through the water during the day make sure you have extra with meals.
Old 03-10-2004, 01:16 PM   #6  
RNMOM

I try to drink two liters of water a day. I'm a nurse so I know what you mean about bathroom breaks....they don't happen. I get one liter of water done by noon and then the rest during the remaining part of the day. We work 12 hour shifts. My bladder makes up for it by keeping me up a couple of times during the night. That's OK though, it's worth it. Research also shows that drinking plenty of water speeds up your metabolism. Who wouldn't want that when your trying to lose weight?
Closed Thread