Dieting with Obstacles Those with special health concerns such as diabetes, fibromyalgia, pregnancy, etc can post here for extra support and help.

Old 03-08-2004, 06:49 PM   #1  

Default Daily Chat

Hi Joanne and Angel,

Finally got the umph up to get on the computer and catch up with people. Feb. was not a good month around my house.

My sister is out of the hospital and back at her apartment. Supposed to be assited living for disabled adults.........come to find out she's been ignoring any and all "assistance". Don't know what to do. She cut us out again as soon as she got out of the hospital. Won't even answer the door for my parents. Folks are discussing guardianship.

Pray for my sanity.

My back has been acting up on and off. Went to my primary docter and have a ref. to see a biatric (gastric bypass) doc. Not sure what I'm going to do on that end. Tired of feeling awful and weak. Tired of being in this rut. Tired of feeling helpless. Just afraid of all that the surg. entails. Just not sure...not exactly a magic bullet but I need to do something to get out of this rut. The back isn't getting any better and as much as I talk about it my diet is for the birds.

Just don't know.

Sorry to be such a downer. Want you both to know that I'm still around. Thanks for your prayers. Hope you both are doing well.

On the bright side, I ordered new sneakers.......going to try and take advantage of the Spring weather and take Joanne's advice. Go for a walk.

Deb
Young Grasshopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2004, 07:13 PM   #2  

Default Hey There

Grasshopper- I hope you research gastric bypass surgery really well before you do it. It will change a lot of things in your life. If you feel it will be thing for you that will work when nothing else will ,go for it. We have two women in our TOPS group who have done it. They have no regrets. One lost nearly 3 hundred pounds and the other over 100 lbs.
I imagine that dealing with family problems have worn you down. Going for walks will help depression. It is the one outlet I have. Take short walks and work up to longer. I bet you can do it. I needed one today in the worse way,but, I couldn't find the time to do it. Tomorrow doesn't look much better..Between going to vote and Dr. appt my day will fill up fast.
The best thing is to get the health department(HRS) to deal with your sister. If they don't there is not much you can do. Why make yourself sick for it.I imagine she needs some mental health intervention.
I am still trying to lose these last few pounds. It has been a week that it is hard to stay focused. We took my sister out for her birthday saturday. My birthday is wednesday. I told everybody no birthday till after thrusday. I have to weigh in then. If I can turtle ,good.
Hello Angel- I hope you are doing well. I lurk around on the arthritis board sometimes. It looks like you are a busy girl..Stay well
Joanne
Joanne D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2004, 06:13 PM   #3  

Happy Birthday Joanne!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for answering my post and your good advice. Think I'm going to try and go to the tops meeting this week......yeah, I've been saying that how much? lol. Think it would be a good place to get support no matter what I chose to do. Not a question of if I'm losing weight it's how.

I hope you lose some weight for your birthday! lol. Have a great day!

Deb

Last edited by Young Grasshopper; 03-09-2004 at 06:16 PM.
Young Grasshopper is offline   Reply With Quote