Closed Thread

Old 03-08-2004, 08:25 AM   #1  

Default maddening monday

Ok-so I weighed in two days early-after 6/7 days POP, and exersizing four times last week for the first time since the baby-and I AM UP 2!!!!! HOW????? Could a few girl scout cookies really do this????? I am so frustrated I want to cry! What is the point of staying OP if you see no results? I even added more protein and drank my water. I swear, i am giving this one more week and if I don't see results I am going to stop counting points. i am sick of the whole thing! This is so discouraging.
Old 03-08-2004, 09:14 AM   #2  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Hi Lori
Could you have gained muscle? perhaps you are retaining water. . .um this is personal but it affects my wi and so Are you going to the bathroom enough? how are your clothes fitting?
Did you eat salty stuff that day? Anyway lady I have to go BIIG exam tommorrow
Kierie
Old 03-08-2004, 10:02 AM   #3  
Shopper Extraordinaire

Lori~ Please don't be discouraged. I think it is awesome that you were POP for a week and exercised as much as you did! Congrats on that huge accomplishment. As far as the weight drink a lot of water, maybe it was just salt from the day before. I am sure it is something other than REAL weight. We are here for you and I know that weight will come off!!!!! Kieri is right about it possibly being added muscle. I understand your frustration though so keep coming on here to vent. We ALL understand I am sure.

Kieri~ Good luck on your big exam tommorrow.

I had a good wknd and did well despite the fact that we BBQ'd with my sisters and had Pumpkin Moussecake. I didn't work out this a.m. but I am off at 4pm today so I plan to hop on the treadmill after that. My scale was up 1.5lbs from yesterday but I am telling myself that it was due to the Mexican food (too many tortilla chips) that we ate yesterday b/c there is no way I gained 1.5lbs in one day b/c I really didn't eat poorly other than the chips. If the previous day is correct than I am at 187 which means that I only have to lose 2lbs to get to my anniversary goal which is in 2 wks. I was pretty excited but Lori we will hope together that our pounds are going to be gone next time we get on that scale Well I need to get to work. I will check in later. Have POP days!!!!
Old 03-08-2004, 10:52 AM   #4  
One Sick Puppy

Height: 5'6"

Default Good Morning!

Good morning!!

Lori--The weight gain can certainly be discouraging, but no matter what, don't give up yet, OK? My mom started WW at the beginning of the year and stayed POP for 6 weeks before she started showing a loss. You wanna talk about someone being discouraged--she really was. I don't know how I convinced her to stick with it, but I promise you, if you continue doing what you're doing, your body will catch up and the weight will come off. (Yes, I've considered quitting my day job and becoming an inspirational speaker).

Kier--Good luck with the exam, I'll be thinking of you!

Becki--Yes, it was definitely the tortilla chips causing you to show a gain. Congrats on your good weekend, I wish I could say the same for myself...

I have to say, ladies, that I am feeling a little bit sorry for myself. Here's a little timeline... When I went to WI on 2/23, I was down, so I spent the entire following week celebrating--with food. I skipped WI on 3/2 because I planned to spend all of last week being POP and do some damage control before going to WI this week. Yeah, that didn't happen. For some reason, during this last week, nothing seemed to work to keep me from eating. I did about half a day on the Fast Track thingy, but was super-hungry and just pigged out. I would literally be sitting, eating something and thinking "I shouldn't eat this" but didn't care enough to stop eating it. So, now I'm facing the prospect of WI tomorrow and I'm dreading it... I think I've got my mindset back where it needs to be, but I feel mope-y because I know I've gained probably 5 lbs in the last two weeks and it takes so much longer to lose it than it does to gain it. And I was almost to my first star on my bookmark.

But, enough feeling sorry for myself. I've got my day planned and a trip to the Y scheduled for my lunch break. This week will be better, dangit! Plus, I've already polished off my first 20-oz. glass of water. Our city water comes from the Missouri River and since all the snow is melting, there is SO much chlorine in it. I'm probably going to have to buy some bottled water over lunch, because I can't hardly stand to shower when the water smells so chlorine-y, much less drink the stuff! (But don't worry, I still make myself shower!)

And, the best news of the day--one month until my breast reduction. Yay!!!

I am so not inspired to do any work today...

Last edited by JessIsOK; 03-08-2004 at 11:30 AM.
Old 03-08-2004, 01:34 PM   #5  
Proud Canadian

Morning everyone! I spent a wonderful weekend holding babies but we ate a lot. We tried to keep everything healthy though. Fruit platters and veggie platters and we had sandwiches for lunch one day but I didn't eat the bread - just the lean turkey. I was inspired after a less than stellar week I was only up point 2#. That made me happy because at least something is working. I'm off a couple of days this week so I will work hard to stay on the program. It's hard with my sisters eating everything in sight. The one because she can finally keep food down (she just entered her second trimester but swears she's gained 10# already) and the other as a "nursing mom" needs more calories (and hey, she's feeding 3 babies at once) but my mom and I are trying to be good together and she's stocked the fridge with diet coke and V-8 so it helps a lot. Guess what I found at Save-on right here in Canada? No pudge brownies!! I was very excited!! I'll have to make them for my mom one day.

Lori - don't give up!! You're doing so well, you will see results, I promise. make sure you are eating at least half of your exercise points. The suggestion from my leader was to eat them in protein within a half hour of your workout - it might help. Keep up the great work!!

Kier - I hope studying is going well.

becky - you will get to that anniversary weight - taco chips are dreadfully salty (and very yummy) you can do it!!

Jess - I do that exact same thing - I'll reward myself and then skip the next WI and then I go back to bad habbits...I highly suggest WI - even if you're up, at least you will be able to get back on track and you never know, those fast track half days may have been some sort of help...Let us know how it goes.

KT
Old 03-08-2004, 02:56 PM   #6  

Thanks for all of the support! I feel better...I thought about what i ate and realized I had ham and pasta as part of my dinner-both cause huge water retention, plus AF is due to make an appearance...so i am plugging along..I ran 4 miles today -1st time i have done that since the baby....

KT-I will take your advice about the protein after working out-thanks! And now, water, water, water-I haven't changed my sig b/c I am hoping that it isn';t real, and real WI is wednesday. Come wednesday, i will change to what the scale shows....

I found out that Maneschiewitz(sp?) small choc macaroons are 1 point for two-they are heavenly...satisfying some AF chocolate cravings, and i love coconut...

I am having an apple crisp craving-I had lunch at TGI Friday's and resisted theirs, hoping I could make a healthier one...going to check for recipes...
Old 03-08-2004, 04:24 PM   #7  
Eve's Mom

I am here but just for a quick sec....Jess, Lori, I do that too. I don't know why we do it but we do. YOu are both not alone!

Lori - keep on keepin' on and you'll make it. We all will!

Hey, has anyone heard from JenL lately? I was just wondering what happened to her? Kim is also MIA!
Closed Thread