Closed Thread

Old 04-01-2001, 10:36 AM   #1  

Angry

Girls, I have to start a new thread- that other one is SO long, my home computer takes FOREVER to pull it up! Congrats to both of you- 2Sexy for getting on the treadmill, and JustMe, for losing a lb- it might not seem like much, but it is!!!! (I would be thrilled to lose 1 lb this week!) That is so awesomet to hear someone who is interested in possibly adopting an older child- it seems like so many people want babies, and there are so many older children who need good, loving homes! The point you guys made about getting around to the exercise being the hard part- that is So true! I was beating myself up yesterday, I had to do work on a paper instead of going to the gym. I tried to go for a walkl, but my dad drove by and picked me up- he lives out of town, so I couldn't really say no. So I ended up going to work without exercising. I felt bad, but then I got off work early, so I made it to the gym for 45 min anyway! My pts have been really under control since horrible Thursday has passed by. How are you two doing? That shake does sound good, 2Sexy- let me know if you guys try it!
see ya!
Old 04-01-2001, 11:39 AM   #2  

HI girls, That shake really sounds really good. If I can get to the store I plan to get the pudding so I can make it. If I do I will let you know. I wonder how it would tase if you also added a banana. I had something that was made from a package that was a chocolate banana drink that needed ice If I remember right it was 2 or 3 points, I'm not sure it was a long time ago. It was really good but not a very big serving so I always added more ice to make me think I was getting more without adding points. I am making a comitment to myself this week to really step up on the exercise agian this week. I am even thinking about going to the club and doing some swimming. I want to do some sessions with a persolal trainer there, just enough so I am more confident I am doing the right exercises to help firm up and maintain this loss, but it is really expensive so I dont know about that part yet. Bye!
Old 04-02-2001, 11:11 AM   #3  

JustMe, It sounds as though you have some very definite plans for the week- thats great! Let me know how the personal trainer works out, I have often thought that would be a good thing to do!
I have come to a very important decision in the past 2 days- I am not going to try to lose any more weight, I am going to focus on maintainance. I have been very unsuccesful at staying on pts lately, and think that it is because I don't REALLY need to lose any more. I am going to focus on exercise and eating healthy, but a little more "normal", and see how things go! I am excited to try something different, I was so succesful with WW for the first few months, I need to find a way to be succesful again.
Join me in my self challenge? I know that sweets trigger me to binge- for the entire day- so for the next 7 days I am staying away from chocolate, candy, and cake. Want to try the same thing with your trigger fods?

Last edited by saskie; 04-02-2001 at 10:27 PM.
Old 04-03-2001, 12:56 AM   #4  

Hello there! You guys do so good. I don't know if the shake is 2 or 3 points. So check the label on the package. I have done good this week with my food anyway. Today I had to go paint at my in-laws resort. So I never got a chance to walk. We open memorial day weekend so there is allot of work to do. My trigger foods are salty foods If I have something salty I crave chocolate bad. So I will stay clear of the chips this week. I like the bite size tostitoes. I need to focus on five a day. went through my journal and noticed I have only been having three a day. So I will pay more attention to that this week. I weigh in tomorrow night. If I would get to exercising more I would lose better. Well until tomorrow. bye!
Old 04-03-2001, 03:09 PM   #5  

2Sexy, when is memorial day weekend? (I am just an ignorant Canadian! ) Good luck with weigh in tonight- I am not looking forward to mine, my pants are tight and I had 3 days that were SUPER high in pts. I thought about not weighing in, but if I want to learn to maintain, I need to know where I am at! I just hope that there is not another 8lb gain! (hoping its under 3!)
Talk to ya later!
Old 04-03-2001, 05:59 PM   #6  

hI! GOOD LUCK. wELL MEMORIAL DAY IS THE 28TH SO WE OPEN ON THE 25. WHEN I WAS PREGNEANT I WAS DUE AT THE END OF MAY AND MY MOTHER IN LAW KEPT TELLING ME I BETTER NOT GO INTO LABOR ON THE MEMORIAL DAY WEEKEND AND I DID. ATLEAST I GOT OUT OF WORKING THAT WEEKEND :LOL: IT WAS HER FAULT ANYWAY FOR MAKING ME WORK SO HARD GETTING EVERYTHING CLEAN AND SET UP. :LOL: WELL I AM A LITTLE WORRIED ABOUT MY WEIGH IN. I ONLY EXERCISED THAT ONE DAY. I HATE THAT IT IS SO LATE CAUSE I DON'T WANT TO EAT TOO MUCH BEFORE. SO I AM STARVING. I KEEP EATING LIGHT THINGS. HA HA! WELL I WILL LET YOU KNOW HOW I DID TONIGHT. BYE.
Old 04-03-2001, 07:23 PM   #7  

Hi girls, I am willing to try your challange. I wont eat any chips or things like that. I had a horrible migraine yesterday. I had to go into urgent care last night because I couldnt get rid of it. I tried to go to work today but I was so wiped out and looked so awful they let me go home. I slept almost all the rest of the day. I am going to try going for a short walk, I am still too exhausted to do anything else. I am bringing a gym bag to work and going to the club right after work tomorrow. good luck with the weigh ins you two
Old 04-03-2001, 10:26 PM   #8  

JustMe, I hope you are feeling better- that sounds really serious!
2Sexy, How did it go???
I have to run, have been in this computer lab almost all day- I am sick of it!!! I did not gain or lose, so I am very relieved, since I had 3 crazy days- 51,61,&81 pters!!!
I am starting my maintaining tomorrow....excited for something new!
Old 04-03-2001, 11:47 PM   #9  

JUST ME, I HOPE YOU ARE FEELING BETTER. I BET YOU WERE MISERABLE HEADACHES ARE. WELL I LOST 2 MORE POUNDS. 8 MORE TO REACH MY 10 PERCENT. SASKIE, GOOD JOB ON MAINTAINING. SO WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE WITH MAINTAINING. IS IT SOMETHING YOU COULD DO FOR EVER? WELL MUCH TO DO BEFORE BED SO TILL TOMORROW. GOODNIGHT.

Last edited by 2sexy4thisbod; 04-03-2001 at 11:49 PM.
Old 04-04-2001, 06:48 PM   #10  

I am feeling much better today I had planned to go to the gym today but when I got outside it was so nice out that I went for a walk instead. I walked three miles in a little under an hour. Congrats on the loss 2Sexy. Its great that you didnt have a gain Saskie.Goood luck with maitenence. I wil hopefully be there myself soon. 2 more days till weigh in for me.
Old 04-04-2001, 07:27 PM   #11  

It sounds like you are both doing well- I am glad Congrats on the loss, 2 Sexy- look out bathing suit season, here you come! JustMe, isn't it great to be able to walk outside again? I love it, it makes me feel happy! I walked to the gym this morning, and home again. Then this afternoon I walked to school, and I will be walking home again in a few minutes. (20 min. moderate walk each time, so pretty good!)
I am not sure about how maintainence works, I am jsut starting to give it a shot today! What I am going to do is to exercise regularly, and eat a little higher pts, but not as high as I do on binge days as a reaction to eating too low on other days. Does that make sense?
How are you two doing with staying away from your trigger foods? There is chocolate everywehre I look, but I know if I have one bite, I will go nuts and lose control. So I have not had any, and won't until next Tuesday after weigh in, as a treat!
I just handed in my very last project of my entire university career, and am quite exhausted although also relieved. Time to go relax, and then start studying for finals! See ya
Old 04-06-2001, 07:00 PM   #12  

Wish me luck! My weigh in is tommorow. I had a pretty good week On Oprah I saw a show about yoga. It looked really interetsing. I have never done it before. I plan to get the basic tape tonight and add it to my workout. I was actually able to do several of the poses. Mabey all my time playing on the floor with kids has actually made me flexible I have done well staying away from trigger foods It was staff appreciation week at work for the week of the young child. There were treats everywhere. Lucky for me they werent salty ones. I was able to actually stay from the chocolate pretty easily because I like salty things more than chocolate. Also I want to be at goal so badly. Have a great weekend
Old 04-07-2001, 02:20 AM   #13  

GOOD LUCK JUSTME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I HOPE THE SCALE IS FRIENDLY. Well I have been busy. i had to go shopping yesturday it is such a challenge cause we have to travel so far to do anything. And then you have to eat out. But I made my husband take me to subway. Then we got home so late so I din't use all of my points I had allot left over. But then today I had to go work at the resort and my in-laws have company so it is like a smorgas board of junk they had pizza calzones and pizza cookies candy. the works I did good though I stayed away from the junk.. I did have a slice of the sausage pizza which I had points left from yesturday so that was o.k. Then I had a huge salad for dinner. Well now that I am boring you I will write again tomorrow. Are either of you survivor fans? I have to go work at the resort again tomorrow so wish me luck I pack my own food. Like my lo cal bread and a snack. goodnight. Me
Old 04-07-2001, 09:58 AM   #14  

Hello again! JustMe, I hope you do well at weigh in today- I will check in as soon as I get home from work to see how things went! 2Sexy, it sounds like the you are making the program work well for you- thats great! I also went to subway this week- 2 days in a row, in fact! What do you have when you go there? Sounds like a good idea to pack your own food for days at the resort- sometimes thats the only way to avoid unhelthy eating! Willit be like that all summer? I am a little confused- do you and yuor family live at the resort all year, is that why you are so far from everything? Or do you just live in a small town, or on a farm? And then you live at the resort in the summer? What does your hubby do?
JustMe, you will have to let me know how you like yoga- I was thinking of trying it months ago, but tried this one I saw on t.v., and it was WAY too hard! *lol* They sometimes offer classes in it at the Art Centre I will be working at this summer, though, so I might give it a shot!
I am not a huge surrvivor fan, although I do watch it once in awhile, if I have a chance!
Well, I have two more weeks of craziness, then I should get a little break. I finished classes Thursday, and have my first final on Monday- which woulldn't be so bad, but I never booked time off work to study, so I word aall weekend. Plus, I am gettting a nasty cold, which I am trying to nurse so it does not get any worse.... I better stop writing this, and hit the books for awhile, before I go to the gym and then work....ARGH!!!
Have a great day, both of you!
Old 04-07-2001, 04:40 PM   #15  

I was down another pound! I am only four measly ounces away now. I bought the yoga tape today its one for beginners. I am going to try it after I finish doing my laundry. I will let you know what its like I dont watch the survivor shows. I tried to watch it the first time it was on but couldnt get into it. I hope you feel better soon Saskie and good luck on your finals
Closed Thread