Weight Loss Surgery If you've had it, or are considering it, share your discussions here

Old 03-06-2004, 02:54 PM   #1  

Question WLS over 10 years ago?

Has anyone had the WLS a long time ago? If so how are you doing? I had my stomach stapled by Dr. MacGregor in Gainesville, FL back in 92. At the time I was 287 and went down to 152. After having 2 kids, I started gaining weight again. I know that it's what I'm eating since I'm up to 185 again. Can we say snacking on bad foods all the time. I still have a hard time eating a regular meal, but give me the snacks, and I eat all day long.

I'm having a hard time not snacking, so I've been snacking on fruits and veggies instead of the chips, crackers, etc. I've also started exercising again and it seems to be helping.

I was just wondering if anyone is going through any similar?

Susan in FL
mom23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2004, 10:07 PM   #2  

That was the subject last night at my support group.
I haven't had WLS yet but I will on 3/18. A few were snacking all day on crackers an one was even doing chips, wheat thins and ritz. One put herself in check and she still is snacking but instead of bringing a box of wheat thins to work and eating it through out the day,she said she puts her serving in a baggy and just snacks now on that. It is the grazing that will add weight on, try not to snack and if you do,measure the amounts. Another one said she suddenly looked at the quanity and it wasn't a small amount she was eating and when she put it into 2 oz cups she had thirteen of then, so she has now limited her servings to 6 oz. at a meal and she is losing again. This surgery gives us a tool and sometimes you need to go back to the begining with protein drinks and measured portions, support groups are also very valuable. Good luck

Last edited by smtown; 03-06-2004 at 10:21 PM.
smtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2004, 10:32 AM   #3  
Old Cackler

our own wonderful BOB will be along sometime soon and she can write BOOKS about this topic in fact, i hope she does1!!!!

you're certainly on the right track, by admitting that there's something going on here. did you see the wall street journal sometime over the past week? there was an article in it about grazing causing the weight gain. i'll see if i can find a link and post it.. a little later because i have to finish laundry and groceries...

stay with us!!! post often!!! i'm at that dreaded 2 year mark and having ISSUES as well!!
jiffypop is offline   Reply With Quote