Closed Thread

Old 03-03-2004, 01:09 PM   #1  
Plush Princess

Default How do you remind yourself that you are doing enough??

I'm having a hard time this week keeping a positive attitude about all of the changes that I have made for myself over the past 2 months. Since early January, I have:

Joined Curves - going 3x per week
Stopped bingeing COMPLETELY
Lost 7.25 inches
Changed my body shape a LOT - my knees are almost unrecognizable, its so exciting
Added walking to my regimen - trying to walk 3-4 days per week
Take vitamins every day, take a higher dose of Prozac (prescribed by MD)
Drink at least 6-8 cups of water
Given up salt - and I was a SALT-A-HOLIC

I know I'm doing well, my body proves it...but I still eat too much chocolate, and I overdo the mayonnaise sometimes, and I don't always eat enough veggies. I'm working on these things...but I still beat myself up more about those than I pat myself on the back about the good stuff. I feel like I have spent so much of my life abusing my body and my self-esteem, that neither realizes that I've stopped doing that and started taking care of myself.

How do you remind yourself that you're doing great? Or how do you push yourself to do that next thing that you need to do on the road to health??
Old 03-03-2004, 01:12 PM   #2  

Making this list was a good start. Go back and look at what you typed. You've done a LOT!!!

I read something recently about getting healthy, families that focus on adding things rather than taking things away actually are much more successful. So instead of saying "no more chocolate", say "more fruit and veggies". If you focus on more you'll probably have less time/appetite for the rest. It might be worth a try?

I wish you the best!
Old 03-03-2004, 01:45 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 261/158/below 160

Height: 5'8" (Dang, I shrank an inch!)

What great advice, Steph!

Sounds superficial, but I put on my sz. 14 jeans and my sz. L shirt, look in the mirror (which I never used to do) and say, hey, I look pretty darn good (grey hair and bags under the eyes notwithstanding).
Old 03-03-2004, 07:39 PM   #4  
if only she'd lose weight

S/C/G: 360/see ticker/180

Height: 5'7

I go clothes shopping, and remind myself how far I have to go yet.
Closed Thread