Old 03-03-2004, 10:15 AM   #1  
Life Time 2001

Default Feisty & Sexy 50-60 yr olds NEW #9

Maria: We have only 2 here. It is unusal all tho I think it will become more common. When I started you hardly ever saw men at the Meetings. Now There are quite a few in all the meetings I do.

Peggy: Its not strict at all. Its bascially trying to get you to do what you really are suppose to do. I do Lack in Fruit, but this is helping me make sure I get it in. I forgot week 2 we have to Journal 5 times this week to. Will let you know whats in week 3 next week!

Marnie: I havent read Dr Phil but I would like to. I have heard its an excellent book.

Have a dentist appointment this Morning. Yuck!!!!

Later!
LilyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2004, 07:04 AM   #2  

Lily thanks for starting the thread. I used to be able to do it. Now it is like brain surgery to me. There is a man at my WW center. I know all the older ladies love him. He is very caring and has lost 100lbs if I remember right.

Marnie I haven't read Dr Phil's book but I am on the lookout for it at the library.

Got more cleaning out to do today. The rummage sale is tomorrow and I have to get it together.
painter5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2004, 08:21 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 195/136/128

Default Guess what?

We're suppose to be getting another winter storm tomorrow! Can you believe it? Karen, you'll probably get hit harder than us down here in the South.

Lily, thanks for starting the thread. I think Maria started one, too. We'll have to merge them.

Going to the eye doctor today. My eyes have been real "weepy" and strained. Of course I work on a computer all day doing spreadsheets, etc. I'm pretty sure my prescription will change. Hope they can put the new lenses in my old frames.

I found kind of a nice site the other day while perusing the web. It's called "Rediscovering Ritual." Maybe you've seen it. I don't know how to go out and get the URL and then get back here. Is there a way to do that so I don't lose 3FC? But I'll return with it.

I kind of like ritual. Remember Slavika's Christmas dinner. She followed rituals from her childhood. Do you you have any rituals you follow with your families?

Ann, are you having a nice visit? Glad your guests finally arrived.

I'll go get the URL now.

Later - Marnie

marnie3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2004, 08:23 AM   #4  

Default Here 'tis

http://www.rediscoveringritual.com/
Old 03-04-2004, 07:28 PM   #5  

G'day all,

I am not sure what happened but we now have 2 new threads!!! Great minds think alike Lily. I hope the visit to the dentist was not too uncomfortable, not my favourite place to go.

Every day at midday we have the Dr. Phil show here and I do enjoy listening to his no-nonsense common sense. I think his book also would be excellent.

The website you posted Marnie is very interesting and worth having a good look around.
You are having another winter storm and we have had very hot weather again with some gale force winds. We had some bushfires in the Adelaide Hills yesterday, luckily the fires did not cause too much damage.

Business has been a bit slow and one of the main reasons has been because my 'million dollar' printer was not performing how it should and I was reluctant to accept any work because of it.
Yesterday I went to the dealer I bought it from to do some trouble shooting and the problem has been rectified.
This printer has 7 ink tanks and replacing them is quite costly. I found a site on the net that sold the 'identical' (so they said) ink for half the price. I am always one for a bit of a bargain, I ordered them. I replaced one of the tanks and it was OK but I thought my colour prints were just not quite the same, last week I replaced another and my colour prints again were not 'right' but I could not put my finger on it. I was asked to restore an old black and white photo and just could not print black and white, the prints had a very heavy pink hue over them.
Well we worked it out as soon as the dealer replaced the 'fake' inks with the Epson inks all was well. I came home and re-printed som of the colour photos and on comparing them, the pink hue over the colour photos is also very obvious making them look sort of muddy.
I am very pleased I now know why this happened and I am off and running again!
This morning I called into a photocopying shop for some cardboard and got talking to the owner and they have asked me to do a display sign and my business cards for them to put on their shop counter.
They said, on average they get enquiries for photomanipulation/restoration once a day but have no-one skilled to do it.
So I will take advantage of this opportunity and put something together to promote my skills.

The moral of the story, if it seems too good to be true, it usually is

See ya all,
Cheers
Maria

When is the 'Aloha' girl coming home?
flaggies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2004, 07:25 AM   #6  

Marnie I like that site. Going to have get some coffee and spend some time there looking around.

Maria interesting about the ink. I guess that was no bargain. I always wonder about the refill kits that they sell at the drugstore but I guess I won't try them. I need a new color one. Your business is growing-happy for you.

Cleaned out and took a whole carload to the rummage sale. Probably could find more if I keep looking. It's going to be 70 today but it's windy and rainy. Tomorrow it's going back down to the 40's.

Took a new exercise class yesterday and I can feel it today. Used different muscles than the circuit routine I do. Got to get some painting things finished. Painting dog canisters for dog treats.
painter5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2004, 03:26 PM   #7  
Member Florida Chick

Hi everyone: I just wanted to check in with everyone. Our family are off to Epcot today. They have done a lot of the attractions, since this is the desire of their daughter. but I know everyone is getting tired and will be ready for a day off.

Marnie: We saw the Passion also, and as a Christian and Protestant, I feel the same as you. I will never ever think about the crucifixion the same, and I'll never sing any of the songs we sing about the Blood of Jesus, in the same way again. It is very powerful, and I also agree that one should not let the media hype and arguements influence you. someone told a friend of mine she shouldn't go because she wouldn't be able to stand it. I think that was very wrong, because now she has a mind set about it already.

Got to go and iron a shirt for DH as our guests are taking us out to dinner when they get back. Olive Garden, so I will have to be careful, as I love everything they make there. See you another day. Hi to everyone. Ann
Lizziepie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2004, 04:45 PM   #8  

G'day all,

It rained this morning and it is cool

Ann everyone I know that has seen the Passion of Christ feels very similar to you and Marnie. From what I have heard, I can well imagine you would now, when thinking of the crucifixtion, think quite differently then before.
Sounds like your guests are having a good time.

Peggy The reason I bought the refill inks was because I know of quite a few people who use the refills you can buy. My printer is the latests on the market (so they tell me ) and uses pigment inks.
I would probably ask around and find out if anyone with your printer model does use refills and how successful it was before dismissing the idea all together.

I have my new orthotics and they are very different to the last ones I had but.....I have shocking blisters on my heels and under one of my big toes I just don't know how I can overcome the blisters. They don't appear quite as quickly as before but I still have them. The podiatrist felt confident the new orthotics would cure my problem of getting blisters. I have only been getting the blisters since I had my feet operated on. Cure one thing and replace it with another

Have a great weekend all,

Cheers
Maria
Old 03-06-2004, 04:23 PM   #9  
Net browser

Default Home sweet home.....

Hi Everybody
We arrived home safe and sound on Thursday, late afternoon. The flight is so long and tiring that you almost need a brief holiday when you get home...
We left Maui at 9:50 pm (Maui time) onWed. March 3rd and flew to Seattle. That flight took 5 hours and 23 min. We had 1-1/2 hours ground time in Seattle and then flew from Seattle to Minneapolis, that flight was about 3 hrs and 15 min. Once again we had ground time in Minneapolis for about 1-1/2 hours, and then caught the flight home from there. Counting flying time and ground time the total duration of the jouney home from Maui is 13 hours, a total distance of 4430 miles. Coming home was actually faster then going.....which was 14 hours 55 min. The ground times were more. Maria I'm not sure how long the flight would be for you. Would you have to catch the plane in Sydney?
We had such a wonderful time in Maui. The first three weeks the weather was absolutely perfect, sunny, and around 80-83 every day. The last week of our holiday, we had rain off and on but even then it was still warm, just not sitting around the pool weather. We sure enjoyed our time with Trudy and her DH. I wish we could have had more time together. Whey do holidays all go so quickly??
Our friends who have a condo in Maui, were telling us that they rented a motor home for their son and dil last summer for one week and it cost them $1500.00 Canadian, for the week.
I know I gained a few pounds while I was away but not sure how much. I thought I would give myself a couple of days to "de-fluff" and then see what the damage was.
I read all your posts today and everybody sounds like they are busy. I remember that Ann has company staying her, and Glenda had good results on her tests. Lily have you now given up some of your meetings? Karen is it pretty much settled that you will be heading to Florida, and living there year round? Would you like to buy a house there or are you looking to getting a mobile home in one of the senior trailer parks? Peggy I see you are busy with yet another little project for a wedding. Marnie how are you doing? Are you working on a new project too?
What did you all think of the verdict in the Martha Stewart trial? I haven't seen Trudy yet since I got home but I am going to have Tea Time next Tuesday so will get to see her then. Hope you all have a great weekend. Talk to soon.
slavika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2004, 06:25 PM   #10  

G'day all,

Welcome back Slavika Pleased you had a very enjoyable holiday....now back to reality!
To get to Hawaii from here, we would have to go via Sydney, Adelaide - Sydney 2 hours, and then 10 hours to Hawaii where the time zone is 21 hours behind Sydney.
A bit disillusioning about the price of the rental of a motorhome in Canada! We attended a caravan and camping show last weekend, some of those motorhomes are unreal. We are still not quite sure how we will travel for the 3 months whilst we are in America/Canada.
Quite a bit more research to be done!

Got some more work yesterday so will get on with that today.

See ya tomorrow all,
Cheers
Maria
Old 03-06-2004, 07:08 PM   #11  
Net browser

Maria so actually your total time to get to Maui is less then ours. My DH thought it would be. I wonder if the air fares would work out to about the same. We paid $1834.42 Canadian for TWO return flights, or $917.21 each. Maria I think that renting a motor home, and paying for the gas is going to be very expensive, at 78 cents per liter or $3.51 per gallon, when you figure that you will likely only get about 5 or 6 miles to the gallon.......it would cost about $60.00 Canadian for gas to drive 100 MILES. On top of those figures you would have to pay to park in a campsite for the nights (maybe $10.00 to 15.00). I believe our dollar and yours are about even right now aren't they? The way our highways are designed they do not go through anything of any interest...just road and more road. You would have to get off the highways and drive to the different cities or communities, with a BIG motor home. Lots of people do travel by motor home though, and absolutely love it. I thought maybe you might find these figures helpful. Talk to you later.

Last edited by slavika; 03-06-2004 at 07:11 PM.
slavika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2004, 07:45 PM   #12  

Slavika cheapest flight I can find on the net for us is $AUS 1599 (each) and that is with Air Canada, our national carrier Qantas charge $AUS 1894 (each).
Everyone knows Hawaii is beautiful but the more popular (and much cheaper) destinations for us are Bali, Fiji, New Zealand, Singapore, HongKong and Vietnam is now also very popular.
I hear what you are saying about the Motor Homes, we may be better off with buying a sedan and selling at the end of our trip. Lots to think about.
I appreciate everyones input, it is very helpful for us.

Cheers
Maria
Old 03-07-2004, 10:44 AM   #13  

Default Just a Note:

WELCOME BACK, SLAVIKA!

That is a doozie of a flight! Ever since my trips to Hawaii I always pray for airline pilots and personnel.

Glad you're back; we missed you.

Have you seen the new smilies???? etc.

See ya later

Marnie
Old 03-08-2004, 12:03 AM   #14  

Just a quick hello.
Marnie I was in St Paul this week end . Didn't have much time to get ready to go otherwise I would have loved to have made arrangements to meet. Wouldn't it have been fun to meet Slavika too.

That travel time I was talking about included ground time. Keep in mind that i was traveling via military everything they do when it comes to wives and children is slow.

Maria. After hearing about your printer problems I wondered if mine were caused by the same thing. Sure enough I got the Epson ink and low and behold i can print in color again!!!!

Slavika welcome back. We are looking to buy in a senior park in answer to you question. Glad you had a great time .

Have another busy week will check in some time tomorrow i hope.

Karen
Karen L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2004, 12:19 AM   #15  
Life Time 2001

Alas!!!!!!! I have been very busy. Miss a few days and miss alot

It was my first weekend free and I spent alot of time doing what I needed to do for a change.

Went to my first WW meeting in a long time felt good to be back

I see Slavika is back! Welcome home!!!!!!!!!!

Will catch up tomorrow!
LilyG is offline   Reply With Quote