Closed Thread

Old 03-02-2004, 01:43 PM   #1  
Pending Email Confirmation

Question cranberry juice?

Hey all. I'm on phase one, beginning of week two. I got myself some 100% juice (no sugar added etc) for bladder health and I am definately feeling the sugar in my system as a bad thing. I have a headache today and I woke up feeling STARVEd this morning.
I love my cranberry juice, but i made sure to keep it at a small serving. I'm just wondering any suggestions on something else i can use for bladder health? I feel as crappy as I did on day two.
Old 03-02-2004, 02:33 PM   #2  

what about cranberry pills? I'm in phase one too, so I don't know that much....but maybe someone else will know if cranberry pills are ok since it's not juice?
Old 03-02-2004, 03:47 PM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

I'd think the pills would be OK. Is this for treatment or prevention? If the latter, lots of water will keep the nasties at bay.
Old 03-02-2004, 04:31 PM   #4  

Height: 5'-2"

Lizzi, I get infections occasionally, and started taking cranberry capsules. They seem to work well. There can't be THAT much sugar in one of those little things.
Old 03-02-2004, 09:23 PM   #5  

The book recommends not eating fruit at breakfast time because your blood sugar levels are really low. This would apply to juice too I guess. Maybe you could have your juice at lunch time or have real cranberries instead of the juice (more fibre). Alternatively find out if there is a herbal tea that will aid bladders. Apparently licorish tea is good for kidneys. I buy a cranberry and apple herbal tea but not sure if this will get the same results as juice. My understanding of bladder infections is that part of the cause is insufficient water consumption. I used to get them and my doctor told me to drink loads of water. It went away.
Closed Thread