Closed Thread

Old 03-02-2004, 08:20 AM   #1  

Default Weigh in at home 3/1 - 3/8

Justa quick note - we are having a "Green Eggs and Ham" breakfast at school to celebrate Dr. Seuss' birthday. I'll get on later today or tonight to catch up with you all.

Have a great one!
Judy
Old 03-02-2004, 10:59 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 268.8/266.4/145

Height: 5'8"

Hi all.

Patience and Jessica - Congrats on your great losses from last week.

Karen - I hope you're decluttering went well. I have to do that in a major way around here.

Judy - Did you enjoy your green eggs with ham?

Well, I'm emerging from the dark side of this head cold, which has really laid me out. I spent the better part of Sunday on the couch and slept most of the day yesterday while Ana was in school. I'm still feeling a bit woozy so no bike until I'm sure I won't fall off of it. Eating has been so-so, but on the whole ok.

Have a great day.

Carla
Old 03-02-2004, 11:08 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 232/232/180

Height: 5'5"

I remember when I was teaching the 3 year olds... we did green eggs and ham. Not too sure about scrambled green eggs... I had to remind them of the story and sure enough they ate them up and asked for more!!

Carla- Glad you're feeling a little better... only time will make it go away!
Old 03-03-2004, 08:59 AM   #4  

Patience – congratulations on moving on to a new century!

Jessica – congratulations on the loss even if some of was not in the nicest way!

Karen – congratulations to your parents! Sorry about the dreaded housework but you are very smart to have it catered. We did that, if you remember, and I really got a chance to enjoy the party.

Carla – I’m glad to hear that you are feeling better. Don’t worry about the bike – you’ll get back to it (just like I’ll get back to working out) and right now your body needs all its energy to get well! Yes, the green eggs and ham were good – and not too bad point-wise. Oh, and the eggs didn’t taste green even though they were! Luckily I remembered we were having the Dr. Seuss breakfast and so I had the tiniest breakfast at home so I didn’t do badly point-wise.

Sorry I haven’t been around but I’ve been trying to stay off the computer. We had a parent-teacher sports night on Friday which was fun and I got some exercise in, but the parents played way too hard in pin soccer and I got creamed (sandwiched really) between two fathers. To make a long story short, it knocked my back out enough that between that and spending most of Sat on the computer finishing my research paper, I had mid-back muscle spasms on Monday morning. I ended up taking the day off and going to the chiropractor. My back is getting better but I haven’t done a stitch of exercise this week and I am behind on my workout goal. I may try to do a bit of gentle yoga tonight but I have a union meeting this evening and I don’t know if I’ll feel like it when I get home. Ah well, I will catch up eventually. My eating was pretty good yesterday. My sneak peek was not great this morning but we had ff hotdogs last night and I know it’s water.

Have a great one!
Judy
Old 03-03-2004, 10:51 AM   #5  

Hi all.

Jessica - I hope your stomach bug is completely gone.

Judy - Sorry to hear about your back. Ouch. I join you in being behind on my workout goal - what with the bad back and the cold, I've got more than a few days to make up, but it will get done. Glad to hear you enjoyed your green eggs and ham!

I'm reporting a .08 loss today. My sneak peeks had been a bit better, but given that my eating has been so-so the past few days, I'll take it. I'm really going to push to hit 10% next week - it's only .04 points away! My head cold is still lingering, but a great deal better, so hopefully I'll be able to start working out again soon.

Have a great day.

Carla
Old 03-03-2004, 08:51 PM   #6  
Canadian, eh?

Ack! The week has gotten away from me again. I'm home tomorrow, so I'll be able to post more.

Judy, hope your back is better. Carla, great loss, hope your cold will soon be gone. Hey, Jessica!

I've had a stomach bug for the last couple of days - not very pleasant. Went to see Lynn Redgrave last night, one a Unique Lives and Experiences series & had to dash out before the end to get to the bathroom without embarrassing myself. I spent the first half of her talk trying to extract a contact lens from the far reaches of my upper eyelid, and the second half trying not to have to leave for the bathroom. I was very distracted throughout, unfortunately. She was speaking on her experience with breast cancer.

Anyway, will get back here tomorrow without fail.

Karen
Old 03-04-2004, 05:10 PM   #7  
Canadian, eh?

No one else came out to play today.

Just taking a break from getting the house shipshape for my parents' anniversary party. There was dust in places I didn't know there could be dust! I was having a cleaning company in every two weeks until just before Christmas - decided we couldn't justify the expense of it with a big loan for our property, so now the pleasure is all mine.

Anyway, hope you're all having a nice day. Sunny and windy in the west. Off for a glass of water before I attack the family room.

Karen
Old 03-04-2004, 05:56 PM   #8  

Hi all.

Karen - Sorry you were unable to enjoy the talk by Lynn Redgrave. I bet it was interesting. I have to do some major cleaning myself. Easter dinner, which I'm hosting, is my motivation. I kept my every-other-week cleaning lady until the unemployment benefits ran out and then had to let her go. I miss her ever so much. Ah well, at least cleaning burns some calories, right?

I have to check my calendar, but I do believe the ugly old PMS monster has come for his monthly visit. At least, if yesterday is any indicator he has. I managed to use up 11 flex points on the first day of my week. Ah well, I'll have to be mighty good this weekend. Luckily, as far as I know I have no challenges. I haven't been back on the bike yet and I'll probably wait until Monday. My cold is still lingering, but I'm feeling better every day.

Have a great evening.

Carla
Old 03-05-2004, 01:44 PM   #9  
Pending Email Confirmation

Horray for everyone who's a loser! Thanks to everyone also for your nice words!

I didn't lose this week, considering that my "friend" showed up yesterday and I'm bloated! I feel good that I didn't see that scale move upwards! Thanks again, girls.
Old 03-05-2004, 02:25 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 232/232/180

Height: 5'5"

Hey all.. it's been a busy week! I hope everyone is doing well... I probably won't be around too much this next week since I'm going to a week long class for work... I'm looking forward to it. Sneak peek this morning showed no change, which is better than a positive change!

Karen - Good luck with the party! I'll be thinking of you! I'm sure it will go great. I'll be exited to hear how it goes!

Judy- Hope your back is feeling better... Those dads can be very aggressive!!

Carla- Congrats on your loss and I hope that nasty cold is gone for good!!
Old 03-05-2004, 10:00 PM   #11  

Carla - congratulations on your loss! I'm really pulling for you to hit your 10% next week, I *know* you can do it! Sorry the head cold is still lingering. I'm with you on hoping I can work out soon. Sorry to hear that the PMS monster is knocking on the door - kick 'im to the curb, girlfriend! I've done the 11 or so FP's on the first day of my week - it makes the week harder but you can do it!

Karen - Ugh on that stomach virus - they are just the worse. It's too bad that you were so distracted during Lynn Redgrave's talk. Have fun at the party - you deserve it after getting the house in tip-top shape! Hey, housecleaning is exercise, isn't it? ;-)

Patience - congrats on the maintain - it's always a victory but if TOM came and you are bloated, you really lost. Way to go!

Jessica - have a good week at class. It's always nice to have a change. Way to go on the sneak peek - I'm hoping for a maintain tomorrow.

It's been a so-so week. I'm determined to end the week (tonight) no more than 2 points in the deficit - not great but not too bad. My back has been troublesome all week and I've tried to stay off the computer since being on it can aggravate the knots in my back. It was a very busy week - 3 late nights in a row. No exercise yet but I'm hoping to get on the bike tomorrow for a "gentle spin" and see how my hip is. It's been feeling better since I haven't done any workouts. One challenge to start my week- we have the 50th birthday party for a dear friend. I don't have a clue what will be served so I'm going to try to eat lightly during the day, have some carrots on the way (it's in NJ - probably about an hour and a half drive), have small tastes of things and one glass of wine.
Have a great one - I'm going to try to stop by over the weekend.
Judy
Closed Thread