Closed Thread

Old 02-27-2004, 11:09 AM   #1  
Thursday Lady

Default Thursday Chatters--the weekend before March

Greetings Chatters--It's going to be March on Monday and I thought we'd have a weekend thread before the "M" Day.
For anyone reading this thread for the first time---We are a group of great people (tooting the horn here). We all originally weighed in on Thursdays. Now, some of us do it on different days but are still here. We've all followed WW in some form. Please come in and join us. You won't be disappointed.

I'm on my way to get a manicure. I wonder if beautiful nails will keep me out of the frig. You know, I wouldn't want to mess them up the first day. Hmmm....would this be a good enough reason to eat out tonight!
No, I will cook supper.
I have a WW recipe for Chicken on Skewers with Peanut Sauce.
We love satay. (I visited Indonesia 20 years ago and fell in love with their food.)

Everyone post this weekend. Let's hear how everyone is doing OP.

Tina
Old 02-27-2004, 08:46 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 242/184/135

Height: 5'4"

Hi Tina,
Did you enjoy your manicure? Your dinner sounds great - how cool that you went to Indonesia. I've never been. There are too many great places to visit, and not enough time or money!
I worked today until 5 p.m. I was having a hard time controlling my appetite, and had gone over my point range by 2 points. So, after work I went for a 3 mile walk around the track, and then back out to walk the doggie. I feel better, and the hunger has subsided. Funny how it works, isn't it? I do better on week-ends than work days. I seem to stay busier, and can get up from my desk.
Hope that you have a fun week-end. I can't help but worry about Tammy - I hope that her dog feels better, and that she can enjoy her vacation.
Hey Susan - what' up with you? How are you feeling?
I'm off to take a nice long bath and then read a book. Oh, I was offered a part time job today (had I told you guys that I was looking to supplement my income, since the travel agency had cut me to 3 days a week)? Anyhow, I've been offered another home based position. Good hourly pay, but it will be nights - Midnight to 8 a.m. - The hourly salary was might higher to accept 3rd shift hours, so I thought that I'd give it a try. I'll be part time with them, and part time with the agency. I'm excited - it will be working for a company that offers home based concierge services to VIP travelers. I think that I'll enjoy it. Even though I live in Virginia, I'll be based out of the LA office. Should be a nice supplement to my income. This past year we had lots of unexpected vet bills, car repairs, etc., etc. Anyhow, I let some of these things pile up on my credit card, and that really worries me. I need to get rid of the debt so that when our son leaves for college this fall, we'll be able to pay for it! He's still waiting to hear from two schools - UNC Asheville and VA Tech. We should hear from UNC next week, but Tech won't advise us for about another month. If he stays instate, we'll be cool. We had paid into the Virginia Prepaid Education plan, and prepaid for four years instate. (This only covers tuition...not room and board, or books.) The good thing is that Joe took lots of dual enrollment college courses, and will be half way through his Sophomore year (42 credit hours) when he leaves for school, so hopefully that should really help us.
Okay, I've rambled on too much about non-diet things. Sorry.....but I'm feeling more optimistic and that's a good thing. I suffer from depression and am on a low dose of Zoloft. It usually keeps things pretty stable.
Have a great night everyone!! Bye, BJ

Last edited by travelchick; 02-27-2004 at 08:49 PM.
Old 02-27-2004, 08:47 PM   #3  
Susan

Hi,

Tina, thanks for starting the new thread. We were getting pretty long on other one. It sounds like you had a great day. I love getting a manicure and pedicure. It's always so relaxing! I went to our cosmetology department and had one yesterday from some of the students. I think I'm going to go there more often.

Hope Tammy is having a blast on her trip!!!

BJ, we must have been posting at the same time or close to it. Wow, are you going to do both jobs. My hat is off to you. I don't think I could work Midnight to 8 am. Oh by the way, thanks for asking... I'm feeling pretty good.

It's a beautiful day here. Hopefully it will stay over the weekend.

Susan

Last edited by auntie; 02-27-2004 at 08:51 PM.
Old 02-27-2004, 09:55 PM   #4  
Thursday Lady

Good evening,
BJ, Your son sounds really smart to take all those courses. Maybe he can get a scholarship at one of those colleges. I don't know if it's too late to apply or not. Our son applied for several his first 2 years. His first semester at college was completely paid for by a big scholarship. Then, the next 3 semesters, the money paid for books and some on the housing.

Susan, a pedicure is next on my agenda.
I'm glad you are feeling good. Oh, did you find some pants at Penney's????

Tammy, I hope you are having a good time and that your baby doggy is better.

Sis, how are you?
Maureen, are you going to relax this weekend? Are you having snow?

Our supper turned out great. Instead of putting the chicken on skewers, I just grilled the whole chicken breasts. The peanut sauce was pretty good--I'll have to work on it.

Have a great Saturday, everyone!
Old 02-28-2004, 04:24 PM   #5  
Susan

Hi,
It's chilly here!! Boo!!! I'm ready for spring again! I got out and ran a few errands this morning. I havent' found any pants yet. Maybe I'll run to Penny's tongith. I looked on line but I didn't see any that I really liked.

Tina, your dinner sounds good. I'll have to try it.

Susan

Last edited by auntie; 02-28-2004 at 04:27 PM.
Old 02-28-2004, 04:49 PM   #6  
Thursday Lady

Hi,
It's chilly here, too. I made the mistake of going to the grocery store without my jacket. I nearly froze in the store. I had planned on getting an avocado to make guacomole for tomorrow night (Oscar night), but, it was so cold that I hurried and got what I just had to have and left.
Right now, I'm drinking some cocoa and am warming up.

I'm starving this afternoon. I ate way too much yesterday and decided to cut back today. I'm ready for an early supper.

Old 02-28-2004, 05:02 PM   #7  

Hi Everyone,
What temperature are you guys considering cold? It is beautiful here today (by Northern Virginia standards for the end of February)! It got up to the mid 60's today. Tomorrow it's suppose to be almost 70!!! I just came in from walking 3 miles on the high school track. We're just across the street from our son's high school and they have a 50 acre campus that's like a park with a wonderful cork track. There were lost of happy faces out there today. If I can get out an move, I'm a happy camper. That's how I really sparked my weight loss the last time....hopefull that will again get things rolling for me. Hope that you both have a great week-end.
Bye for now, BJ
Old 02-28-2004, 05:05 PM   #8  
Susan

HI BJ,
Cool here is in the 50's today. It may be close to 60 but it's still too cool for me. It sounds like you've had a great walk. Wow, it must be nice likving across from the school. It sounds beautiful there.

Susan
Old 02-28-2004, 06:21 PM   #9  
Thursday Lady

HI,
It's in the 50's down here, also. Most of the day it was overcast and that made it seem cooler. I don't know how high the humidity was today.
I have an angel food cake in the oven for tomorrow. And, there French bread baking in the breadmaker. anyone want to come for dinner?

Old 02-28-2004, 07:15 PM   #10  

Oh Yeah Tina......I'll be there!! What do you think Susan??
Does anyone remember when Tammy gets back?
Talk with you soon-BJ
Old 02-28-2004, 08:43 PM   #11  
Susan

Tina,
BJ and I are on the way!!!!!
Susan
Old 02-28-2004, 11:36 PM   #12  
Thursday Lady

There's plenty for everyone.
Tammy is due home tomorrow.
Old 02-29-2004, 07:25 PM   #13  

Hi Everyone,
Sure hope that Tammy had a nice time in Florida! How did everyone do today? I started the day off with a 3 mile walk through town (with my husband and doggie)...stopped by to see my parents as they only live about a mile from us. I feel like I need to stop by and see them at least one a day to try to keep their spirts up. My dad is in end stage renal failure and on dialysis. It's a very sad way to live. It takes a toll emotionally on my mother. My only other sibling lives in Philadelphia and comes to visit about once a month. Somedays I feel guilty if I do something and don't include my folks....but I need to be away from it sometimes. Does that make any sense? After our nice walk, we took our sons' little convertible for a spin. It got up to 70 today!! I stayed OP today.
Breakfast: 1 cup oatmeal with a few raisins
Lunch: 4 oz. filet mignon, asparagus and sauteed mushrooms
Dinner: Omlette (1 egg, and 1/4 cup of eggbeaters with a slice of L/F Jarlsburg cheese
Snack: Mini-Meringue cookies
I'm hoping for a good week. I am just itching to be below 200 again. Hopefully I'll be there within the next 2 weeks. Walking *lots* is a key to my weight loss. Two years ago when I had such success, I was walking 2-3 times daily for 6-8 miles. Spring is just around the corner, and I'm itching to get back to a healthy lifestyle.
Hope that everyone is doing well today. Bye for now, BJ
Old 02-29-2004, 09:10 PM   #14  

It's me again.....I am having trouble journaling. I write my entry and then try to enter it, and then it never shows up. Do I have something turned off that should be on?
Thanks-BJ
Old 03-01-2004, 12:20 AM   #15  
Thursday Lady

Tammy, welcome home!!!!
Closed Thread