Old 02-26-2004, 11:25 PM   #1  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Talking Fab Friday

Hey Ladies
So I'm posting early . . .I'm evil you know
WI was a maintain which I expected But Now I have a goal OH YES A GOAL
I want my book mark and Next week I'm goign to GET IT
our LF and Fab dinner was moved too tommorrow b/c our friend got tied up in some work Only problem is Its a friday in Lent I'm really not supposed to eat Meat so I might just have to veggies and cous cous mmmm roasted garlic

KT Diet Coke with lime is my new addiction I wasn't a fan of diet lemon coke My school is heavily funded by coke so If it hasnt reached VA yet if you want it we can arrange something
Friends came over tonight and brought rum I had one drink and a light one at taht and I feel so sick eugh I can't be bothered to go boozing
Alright I'm going to chug some Agua and hit the hay
Come out Come out for a fabulous Friday
Old 02-27-2004, 10:12 AM   #2  
GO TERRIERS!!!!

I’m sorry I haven’t been here this week. Part of it was intentional. I had a bad weigh in and was feeling really negative.

I’ve been the same weight for about a year. Down 2, up two, down two up to. The worst part is I feel like I’ve been working my butt off. Going to the gym. Eating right. I felt like I needed to get back to journaling, so last week I journaled RELIGIOUSLY. I journaled everything I ate… at the end of the week I had used 17 flex points. So I was still under my points, etc and worked out almost every day. I get on the scale and was up 1.3 pounds. It’s just getting frustrating.. so I made it worse. After weigh-in I ate two pieces of king cake. Then that night a friend brought over Ben and Jerry’s for American Idol and of course I had some. BUT…. I counted everything. The king cake and ice cream totaled 17 points and so I used my flex points. But it was the first time I’ve ever sabotaged my efforts like that. Just eating to spite my efforts. I felt like eating that king cake was a way to get back at something.

ANYWAY – to turn this into a positive. I will say…. In a year I’m the same weight. And that’s awesome. I could be up 10-15 pounds, but I’m not. I’ve maintained. Positive point two, at least I counted my little binge. I’m meeting with a personal trainer on March 10th… to see if maybe changing up my workout can help. I really want to get these last 14 pounds off by June.

Sooo… Brian and I are going away for a romantic getaway next weekend  VERY romantic. We’re going to the White Mountains in NH. We have a suite. We’ll have a dozen red roses, Champaign, fruits and cheeses in our room when we arrive. Saturday we have breakfast brought to our room, a sleigh ride, couple massages and a three-course dinner. The room has a Jacuzzi and a double shower  It’s not cheep, but we are splitting the costs and so it won’t be that bad… I’m really looking forward to it. Here’s the website… www.innatthornhill.com

Kier - awesome goal. I have faith you will get your bookmark!

Laura... wow, I need your willpower when heading to restaurants. Staying OP while eating out is quite an accomplishment.

Lori - Have fun at the wedding! I hope it's a blast.

KT - I'll be thinking about your neice. Let us know how she is. How did game night go?

Did anyone watch Extreme Makeover? I was crying.... I think I'm going to send in my application.

Lisa
Old 02-27-2004, 10:18 AM   #3  
Eve's Mom

Lisa - I am in the same boat as you. I think KT is too. We have been up the same few, down the same few, over and over and over. I am on an up right now - accd to my homescale I am at 214 which is horrible. I am on TOM so that is probably part of it. I know your pain, and you are absolutely right - you have maintained for a whole year and that is fabulous! So, you are in the right frame of mind. Don't dispair, it will happen for all three of us...

I am doing the Self Challenge, don't know if you are interested in doing it, but it might be a good way of keeping "track" for a few months. I have been back to journalling too as I was getting too cocky for a while there. I got depressed last night too and ate a bowl of ice cream. But, I did count, and am back on track today with a 40 min walk first off. So, what is it Dotti says? No guilt, move on.

Kier - OH YES, A GOAL!!?? Hee hee....I have no doubt you will make your goal woman! BTW I am dress shopping again tomorrow. I did find one that I like, but I don't LOVE so I think I better look some more, but I am runniing out of time for this dress, so I have to S*&t or get off the pot!
Old 02-27-2004, 10:40 AM   #4  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Lisa do you think brian will be popping any questions?
the weekend sounds amazing!!!!!!
Belle do you know what Kind of Style you want? I think Ivory would go AMAZINGLY with your skin tone and if you don't get the bubbly champagne bubble feeling DO NOT BUY THE DRESS
What Kind of veil do you want do you know how you want to wear your hair?
I can't wait to check the mail and see if my video is here ITs going to take 2-15 days to get here so somewhere in the middle.
Tonights LF and FAb and I wAnt to call Jello and see if there is a recipe for sf pudding pops
I'm going to go to the gym and do some light weights and see if i can knock some bimbos off the treadmill

I'll try to bbl
btw Lisa you can bust that plateau woman all last fall I gained and lost the same 5 pounds and its frustrating but you can do it!
Old 02-27-2004, 10:48 AM   #5  
Eve's Mom

Kier, I wish you lived close to me so we could shop together....I don't have very excited friends/family. Well, my maid of honour is, but she is pregnant and she can't come either, so....my one sister (the not pregnant one) can go but she is pretty critical and my other bridesmaid is in Yellowknife!

BUT I have a good idea...with my body, A-line is the best, and I want to accentuate my waist. I have a veil from my maid of honour (she has been married twice, I have 2 to choose from,) I like the ones with the ribbion on the edges (does that make sense?)

Are you getting married in the Catholic church? We are. It's a pretty church - SacredHeart - it's about 100 years old which in Calgary, is VERY old. We're a new city.

I did book a harpist for the wedding and to me, that is the coolest EVER. I think, short of bag-pipes which DF opposed, it's the best wedding instrument! (and when else would you have a harpist...)

OK enough wedding talk (sorry to those who are not getting married)!
Old 02-27-2004, 11:28 AM   #6  
Cockeyed Optimist

Good Morning!

Lisa - Isn't it funny how we percieve our efforts differently from those on the outside? I ALWAYS admire you because you maintain within a few pounds. I lose to goal, gain 10 or 15, lose again, gain again, etc. Not a good system. You have no idea how much encouragement I take from your ability to keep from gaining. Question - are you comfortable with your current weight? Your body seems to be and if you are too, why not reset your goal to what you weigh now? Your weekend away sounds very relaxing - I'm jealous!

KT - I'd go wedding dress shopping with you. I can't motivate myself to shop for mine. You could force me to go look for my own and I could provide all the excitement you want about yours! I know what you mean about veils with ribbons - I'm not sure I'll wear one but if I do I want one of those - they're so pretty.

Kierie - about this champagne bubbly feeling regarding dresses - does it apply to rings too? We went wedding ring shopping last weekend and I couldn't find a single one that I didn't attach a "but" to the end of my feelings. Can't decide if I'm being too picky or if the ring should make me feel "I want this" instead of "it's nice but".

I have a work reception tonight so I'm trying to convince myself that I don't like appetizers. Especially since I had a bagel for breakfast - within my points but not nutritionally sound. I did 4 miles on the treadmill this morning and it was the first time since the 1/2 marathon that I really enjoyed walking. Love those work-outs that are easy to do and still make you feel great all day.
Old 02-27-2004, 11:30 AM   #7  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Hey Belle I can Just Lasso Canada and bring it closer to NJ! My dress is A-line too when I went Shopping with my mom and sis my sis in all her size 2 glory tried on dresses too. . .not fun as for the critical one don't bring negativity its your day bring a camera. . .YOU MUST!! so we can see you and don't buy a dress till you get the feeling that IT IS YOU FROM HEAD TO TOE (my dress came from a place called HEad to toe I actually got to call and Say Hi this is Kieran I'm a Head to Toe Bride) A basque waist might be a good idea too
Is your waist well defined? b/c a basque will give you one if you don't have one
We are getting married in a catholic church. . .I'm getting confirmed this semester so we can b/c df is not catholic I don't know what our music is yet I want to go to mass so I can hear the soloist before I book her I'd love a harpist and bagpipes
I should hustle if I want to get to the gym b4 lunch and internship
Old 02-27-2004, 11:33 AM   #8  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Laura the ring feeling is more like a This is it feeling not a this is ok feeling its going to be on your finger forever
I want to go dress shopping too I love clothes and When I was younger i wanted to be a fashion designer Laura how tall are you is there a full shot of you on the boards? because I can help you with shapes and stuff
GOD I LIVE FOR THIS!
Old 02-27-2004, 12:58 PM   #9  
GO TERRIERS!!!!

Belle - thanks for the encouragement. You'll have to post pics of the dresses you try on! How exciting!

Kier (okay, you're gonna have to straighten this out.. I'm getting confused. Is it Keir? Keiran? Keirie? I keep seeing people write it differently). Ha ha ... I thought "maybe" a question could be popped... HOWEVER. I definately want to be surprised.. so I'm trying not to think about it. Second, it certainly may not be asked, so I'd hate to build it up and be dissapointed. I mean, what a beautiful weekend, there's no reason I should be dissapointed, so i'm going into this expecting nothing but a lovely, romantic weekend.

Laura - thanks! I am somewhat happy at my current weight, however I just want to see that goal weight. Then I may allow myself to settle into a weight I can maintain. Seems like body likes the 130-132 range... so that may be realistic... but there's something about that goal weight, you know. Wow, 4 miles, you're my running hero. Just think how far you have to run to burn off one appetizer. Stick to the veggies, and fruit...if that's possible... so much easier said than done.

I thought I hated, and I mean HATED, cottage cheese. But my roommate had lowfat PEACH cottage cheese and I tried it... loved it. This morning I had a 1/2 cup of that (2 points) with a 1/4 cup of total cereal (1 point) on top and it was yummy. And the protein in the cottage cheese is really holding me over. It's 1pm and I haven't even eaten lunch yet.

Lisa
Old 02-27-2004, 01:30 PM   #10  
Proud Canadian

Morning everyone!! So many posts to read so little time to respond.

Laura - I'm pretty sure you meant Belle and not me to go wedding dress shopping considering I'm still boyfriend shopping - couple of options opened up last night though...we'll see where they go

Belle - I LOVE wedding talk!! I think I would be a wedding planner if it was a resonable employment option. (there's not enough of them needed around here) and yes, I'm right there with the down 2 up 2 rollercoaster - but - at least I haven't gained back the 40# - that is gone FOREVER!!! The veils with the ribbon around the edge are my absolute favourite - they just frame everything so nicely.

Kier - YOU CAN DO IT!!! Take advantage of the diet coke!! reminds me, I must e-mail my sister.

Lisa - I love how you are looking on the positive side! Your weekend sounds FAB!! It will be a blast without any questions being asked. Let us know how much you enjoyed it on Monday.

OK - I'm off to get more work done, I've been dogging it a lot lately, I just don't want to be here anymore. Oh well, friends are meeting me for lunch and that makes things that much better. Must stick to salads. I had one piece of Garlic bread last night and some mini eggs but I think I stayed within my flexpoints. I must work out points value of mini eggs first...

KT
Old 02-27-2004, 02:15 PM   #11  
Cockeyed Optimist

KT - oops! I did mean Belle! It's too bad that you don't live closer - CB is a total pimp daddy - he's forever hooking people up - you'd be done boyfriend shopping in no time! Sounds like you did a great job managing the food last night.

Kier - No pictures of me on the boards. I have no idea how to even post one. I could use some help though that's for sure - I don't even know what a-line and basque mean. Is there a bridal gown to english dictionary somewhere?

Lisa - I can't believe a 3 point breakfast can hold you so long! I eat 4 or 5 points and even with protien am usually needing a snack by 11AM. I like your attitude about the weekend - enjoy it no matter what!

So I'm eating baby carrots right now and one of them is rather severly deformed. It's not so much a baby carrot as it is a carrot marble. I find it oddly disturbing and am not sure if I can eat it. I may just have to throw it away as though it were a blue m&m.
Old 02-27-2004, 03:00 PM   #12  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Lisa My name is Kieran or if we want to get Technical Kieran Bridget O'Brien
My various nicknames are as follows Kier Kier-Kier Kie Kiekie Kieks Kieksie (thats my moms for me ) Kierie KierieO KierieOB KierieO-Cheerio I'm a veritable cornucopia of cute nicknames I'm the youngest it happens
Laura there should be dress definitions on the knot.com or on wedding channel maybe you could email your pic to one of the girls and they could size it small enuf to post
Old 02-27-2004, 03:01 PM   #13  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Oh Df Gets the keys to the new apt today so we get to see it tommorrow!!!!! and we're going to a maple sugar festival then packing then I'm gramma sitting so my mom can go out
Closed Thread