Closed Thread

Old 02-26-2004, 08:13 AM   #1  
Cockeyed Optimist

Default Thursday

Boring I know but I really don't have any energy to be creative today.

Stayed OP yesterday despite an evening event at our favorite pub and grill where I had dinner. Way proud of that! I made it to Circuit Training yesterday after all and it was all upper body work. I'm slightly sore today so I did WATP 1 Mile and Lower Body Sculpt II this morning. I may do some yoga tonight if CB wants to work-out together but may just veg - this work week has worn me out and it isn't even over yet.

KT mentioned something yesterday that I thought was interesting. She was eating a healthy lunch that made her feel decadent. We often talk about our favorite "bad" foods or trigger foods but what about our favorite healthy foods. What are some of the healthy foods you eat that you always feel sinful eating?

For me it is mixed berries with vanilla yogurt, almost any fresh summer fruit or berry, pumpkin fluff, diet coke bbq drumsticks and lately - diet cherry coke.

Talk amongst yourselves. And DRINK WATER!
Old 02-26-2004, 11:39 AM   #2  

Good for you for staying OP! I successfully avoided the Auntie Anne's pretzel temptation today and the temptation of M and M's....now i am packing for a weekend in NY-my cousin;s wedding is tomorrow....healthy vibes please!! My favorite healthy 'decadent' foods...I'll have to think about that one....
Old 02-26-2004, 01:37 PM   #3  
Proud Canadian

Hello!

I LOVE to eat HUGE healthy meals and stay within my points (even thought I feel a little guilty). I do it all the time. Things like BBQ chicken and a pile of green beans and some corn and just a bit of mashed potatos - major comfort food, delicious and within points. I also LOVE diet Dr Pepper. I loved regular too but the diet tastes great and gives me a mock-sugar fix. Even Christmas dinner wasn't so bad because I piled up the veggies like turnips and raw carrots (my mom did that just for me) and lots of turkey but not so much potatoes and stuffing and gravy. But the best is summer and all the fresh fruits like peaches and raspberries and blueberries. Wow, I'm not even making myself hungry. But I know I have a HUGE sandwich for lunch with lots of veggies, some lean turkey and dijon mustard - yummy and totally points friendly. Gee, when I read that back over...I don't eat all the time, really!!

Today has started off well, I've been sleeping so well lately when I wake up in the morning I'm not dreading the day. We had some bad news yesterday about my neice who had the kidney transplant over two years ago. Her new kidney is showing some trace signs of the same disese that cost her the last kidney. They don't have all the test results back yet but they've put her on some pretty agressive meds and she has to go to children's hospital one day a week for test for the next 6 months or so.

Not trying to bring anyone down, just sharing. Lucky for her, we have a very close family with a lot of people in the medical profession so she's well taken care of and my Brother has a lot of support.

I have a dangerous evening ahead of me, it's pasta/game night. I like to be the first one at the pasta pot, get my serving and then not stand up until someone has put the pots in the sink. My downfall is garlic bread. Must stay on track!! I WILL resist the garlic bread!! I will only eat carrots!!!

KT
Old 02-26-2004, 01:41 PM   #4  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Hey girls WOOHOOO LAURA!!!!
I bought on the web a yoga tape for healing and wellness so I can't wait for it to get here I JUST KICKED ARSE ON a Math Test Tonights WI I'm expecting to main tain b/c for every good day i had a bad one
I love fresh summer fruit Diet vanilla coke diet cherry and now My new fave Diet lime coke I'm going to make a healthy decadent dinner tonight all I need is a theme chinese or italian?
ideas?
bbl
Kieran
Old 02-26-2004, 01:47 PM   #5  
Cockeyed Optimist

Lori - nice job on the M&M's and pretzels. I bet you'll do fine at your cousin's wedding. You'll be so busy dancing and visiting with family that you'll probably forget to eat at all.

KT- I will be keeping your niece in my thoughts. I certainly hope that the meds work and the disease does not progress. I think you've got a great plan for dealing with the pasta tonight. What about swinging through a fast food place and getting a side salad to go with it? That way you get some quantity dinner without all the calories. Have fun playing games.

Do you think that if I schedule a NAP into my calendar people will believe it's a meeting with an acronym they've never heard before?
Old 02-26-2004, 01:48 PM   #6  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

KT you can do it!!!! YOU CAN game night sounds fun tho Maybe you could get them to make a healthier version With OO cooking spray and roasted garlic makes a richer flavor when the garlics roastd
Old 02-26-2004, 01:49 PM   #7  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

KT I'll be praying for your neice honey *HUGS*
Old 02-26-2004, 02:46 PM   #8  
Cockeyed Optimist

Kierie - Italian! And then invite me to dinner! V. cool about the math test. Can't wait to hear your report on the yoga tape once you've tried it out.
Old 02-26-2004, 03:20 PM   #9  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Laura this is my marinade 1 tbsp of EVO about 1/2 cup chicken broth oregano dried garlic basil basil basil Real chunks of elephant garlic and sundried tomatoes I'm going to fill the bottom of the pan with seasoned C broth and surround the chicken with Veggies and smother the chicken in tomatoes onions and Mushrooms
I'm going to have Parmesan cous cous to put the chicken and veggies and sauce on top of
hopefully it will all meld together nicely and be LF and Fabulous!
Old 02-26-2004, 03:20 PM   #10  
Proud Canadian

Yeah - Italien, we can all have italien for dinner!!

I loved the side salad idea, I think I'll do that! The pasta's aren't usually that bad, sometimes we even have whole wheat pasta and usually tomato based sauce instead of alfredo - but someone always brings chips or munchie mix and the dreaded garlic bread...I'll just fill up on salad and a reasonable portion of pasta and sit as far away from the munchies as possible. I'm taking a Diet Dr pepper with me though.

Kier - Diet LIME Coke!?! I want some!! It will take forever to get to canada - I can probably convince my sister to bring me some when she comes up next week. I wonder if they have it in Virginia?

PS - I'm going to try the NAP thing on my calendar. betcha no one will notice...
Closed Thread