South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 02-25-2004, 11:42 AM   #1  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Lightbulb Weekends....how to deal?

Hello everyone

I am currently on day 3 of Phase 1 (for the second time) and I was wondering how all of you deal with eating on the weekends.

I am a saint during the week and a total diet sinner on the weekend and end up eating out at least once - I have a busy social life so becoming a hermit on the weekends is not an option

Does anyone have any hints and suggestions as to how to stay OP on the weekends?

Thanks,
Mauvaisroux
Old 02-25-2004, 01:38 PM   #2  

Height: 5'-2"

Yes. Come to my house and I'll lock you in the basement.
Old 02-25-2004, 02:55 PM   #3  

Mauvaisroux - I have a good friend who had trouble with the same thing.

Maybe you could explain how you're cheating and that may help. ie. alcohol, sweets, or just general off plan.

There are a few suggestions in the book. Eat broth soups as an appetizer, and you'll feel fuller by the time the food comes. I find eating soup before we leave works out quite well for me.

Also - there are simply restraunts we cannot eat at any longer. (Which is terrible) but we have a hard time eating out italian, and we have to be very careful with mexican. I try to stay away from red meat at home, and then save steaks/burgers for dining out.
Old 02-25-2004, 03:42 PM   #4  

Very funny ellis - what would you feed me - bridge mixture?

Thanks Pebbles - I currently stay away from Italian and Chinese (very hard) soup is a good idea and I like the idea of saving red meat for eating out.
Old 02-25-2004, 09:25 PM   #5  
Professional dieter

S/C/G: 250/232/130

Height: 5'3"

Ellis You are so funny
I absolutely positively have to eat chinese once a week. I used to eat it like 3 times a week, and my DH can't live without it at least once a week and I'll be damned if I'm gonna let him eat it without me! When I go,I get egg drop soup and order my chicken, shrimp, and scallops meal with broccoli and mushrooms only (I don't like most veggies) and I don't eat any rice with it. I drink water like a madwoman while I'm eating it. I tend to gain a pound in water weight the next day from the salt retention, but by the day after that it's gone. If its what you love you can't tell yourself you can never have it. Just resign yourself to making the best possible choices you can in the situation and you'll have no reason to feel guilty. Like pebbles I save the red meat for eating out at like a steakhouse that way I am only eating it every now and then.
We used to get together with the same friends once a week and go out to dinner, but we switched it because of money issues to eating at eachother's houses. It saves alot of money and because I help prepare the meals I make sure there is something that I can eat. Plus, we don't feel like we need to hurry and leave after we're done eating we can just hang out.
Old 02-27-2004, 11:10 AM   #6  

Thanks for the advice chicks....I have a gathering to go to for my hubby's work tonight - at a pub- featuring free drinks and food.....I will try to be good and stick to diet soda and whatever healthy choices are availabe. I have done very well this week so I don't want to blow it on the weekend
Closed Thread