Weight Loss Surgery If you've had it, or are considering it, share your discussions here

Closed Thread

Old 02-25-2004, 01:50 AM   #1  

Default Just want to share my story

This isnt about me, but rather about my (future) mother-in-law.

She had the gastric bypass surgery a couple days before Christmas last year (2002). She's only 5' tall, and was well close to 300 pounds. If she didnt do something about it, and do something soon, her life would be in jeopardy. So she decided to have the surgery. When she came home from the hospital, she was wondering if this was the right thing to do because she felt so terrible..she was so sick. But soon after, the weight just melted off. Before me and my fiance knew it, she had already lost like 20 pounds in 2 weeks. It was amazing...Now its a little over a year later, and she has already lost about 120 pounds. She does not even look like the same person. Its just incredible. She's so happy and we're all happy for her. She started at, I want to say, a size 26/28, and is now down to a 14 and thats getting too big for her!! And she's still losing! She's always so eager to show all of us that "hey, look what I can fit into now!" its great, im so proud of her. shes been through alot!!!

well, i just thought I'd share my story....

Last edited by sgr_girl; 02-25-2004 at 01:53 AM.
Old 02-25-2004, 08:06 AM   #2  

Its great to know your proud of her. Be sure to tell her face to face. It's not a easy decision to make. I understand her feeling of accomplishment, I have lost 74 lbs in the past 4 months. It has been amazing. Support of my loved ones have meant a lot to me. Hang in there with that support!
Old 02-25-2004, 07:55 PM   #3  

sgr_girl....will you be my daughter in law?

peach
ps...any chance your mother in law would join us?
Old 02-26-2004, 12:11 AM   #4  
Old Cackler

what a wonderful story!!!! give her a few extra hugs from the gang here...

and i'm with peachie... tell her about this forum... we'd love to have her!!!!

when's your wedding??
Closed Thread