Weight Loss Surgery If you've had it, or are considering it, share your discussions here

Closed Thread

Old 02-24-2004, 09:41 PM   #1  
For my HEALTH...

Default CHAT: Wed Feb 24 --Fri Feb 27th

(Sorry that should say TUES Feb 24)

Thanks Jif for the info you gave to me over at LWL about not drinking with meals.

I knew about the 30 minutes before but I am RELIEVED to hear that it is only 30 minutes after.

That nutritionist I saw for that one visit told me she thought it was 2 HOURS AFTER.

I am trying to practice now so it will seem second nature when I get the surgery, but I was having a hard time with waiting 2 HOURS after.

I do love my crystal light and 2 hours was too long! Thanks, Pookie

Last edited by POOKIE88; 02-24-2004 at 09:55 PM.
Old 02-24-2004, 11:10 PM   #2  
Old Cackler

pookie.. some docs recommend 2 hours, but they're a bit crazy. some folks end up waiting an hour or so, but that's because they WANT to. sometimes i feel way too full after 30 minutes to drink anything...

just see what works for you, as long as it's at least 30 minutes after!!!!
Old 02-25-2004, 01:53 PM   #3  
Hang In There

Listen to mother Jiff...she knows what she's talking about. That is the one biggie that I never could get ole Alvin to do, and I blame it on a lot of his problems! The main on being he hasn't lost nearly enough weight. He did really good for about 6 to 8 months, then ever rule he was ever told went out the window. But it's his body, and I can't make him follow the rules, and loose the weight, I just know what to do when it's my turn!
Old 02-25-2004, 02:32 PM   #4  

Hi All,
I called the insurance company again yesterday to check on the status of my approval. This time they told me that it finally went to some decision making department on Feb. 20. Then they told me that they could take at least another 30 days. I am losing my flippin' mind! My info was submitted January 15! I can't make any plans because I'm not sure when I'll finally have surgery, I'm getting kind of depressed and I'm worried that after all this waiting they'll deny me. This whole process is just wearing me down. I started my journey about this time last year and it seems like it just keeps getting longer and longer. Sometimes I wish I'd just gone ahead and had the surgery in Mexico because I'd be on the downhill side instead of sitting here tearing my hair out. I'll quit whining now - I just needed to vent. No one ever said this would be easy, and I haven't even had the surgery yet.

Send some happy thoughts my way. I need them!

Chickadee
Old 02-25-2004, 03:44 PM   #5  
Owned by Dixie

Height: 5'4"

Chickadee, I am sorry this is so hard for you... I think you should make tenitive plans for whatever you want to do as to not stop life waiting for this to happen. It will gove you things to look forward to...

Spending the afternoon packing. I am taking older boy to MN to visit friends tomorrow for the weekend. I have the laundry done but have to pull together my cloths and pack. We leave right after school tomorrow. I am looking forward to seeng my friend but life is frantic.

I spent 2 hours in a comitty meeting for our school auction. I do tech stuff and the woman who runs the finances for the school has said that everything that goes to print will have to go through her first....Our time frame does not include a week for her to turn things around....another meeting on Monday to hash this issue out!

Ok off to help with homwork....
-L
Old 02-25-2004, 05:13 PM   #6  
Hang In There

I can't believe we don't have a smilie for tearing out our hair!!! Mz Moderator, will you check into that? Remember my favorite saying Chickadee, and HANG IN THERE!!!
Old 02-25-2004, 07:45 PM   #7  

Chickadee,
I wish that I could turn myself into Bubble Brain, Glinda the Good Witch of the North and make you click your heels three times and have everything go your way now. or yesterday or two months ago. I'm sorry that you are going through this. I know it is torture for you. I will continue to keep all things crossed for you and to send you good warm and fuzzy vibes.

hugs, sweet Chickadee.
peach
ps...jiff...we need a ruby slipper icon.
Old 02-26-2004, 10:39 AM   #8  
For my HEALTH...

1) Let's rally around Jiffy -- she needs encouragement right now.

Just spoke to my surgeons office:

2) I have a "TENTATIVE" surgery date. It is not cast in bronze because it is the time of the year when Dr's take vacations etc. But I have put
AUGUST 18 on my calendar.

3) I was given the name of a nutritionist who works with my Surgeon and I am thinking of doing Optifast for awhile. I will speak to her and see what she thinks. I know that is not the ideal way to lose but this is very unusual circumstances.

4) I have to have an endoscopy pre-op. Not looking forward to that.

4) One of the tests I have to take is a SLEEP STUDY. Has anyone done this -- I don't know what to expect. I have a hard time falling asleep when I am not in my own bed.

So my sister is going June 2nd & I am going Aug 18. Wow it's starting to feel "real" to me now. --Pookie
Old 02-26-2004, 02:43 PM   #9  

Hi Girls,
Thanks L, Barb and Glinda. I appreciate your support. So, as Barb suggested, I'm just hanging in there, trying to focus on other stuff. I think the ideas for both the tearing hair out and ruby slipper icons are great! I'd use them all the time. It is hard to make plans though. I want to fly to Tucson but my schedule is so uncertain right now that I'm hesitant to make flight reservations because it would be nonrefundable if the surgery conflicted with the trip. Hanging...hanging...hanging in there!

Now, all go click your heels together three times and repeat - There's no place like Joisy, there's no place like Joisy! (That was for you Bubbles!)

Chickadee
p.s. The Rockies full squad reports to camp today! Woo Hoo
Old 02-26-2004, 11:12 PM   #10  
Old Cackler

do you mean to tell me that they won't give your money back if you have a MEDICAL EMERGENCY?? hmmmm. that sucks.

and there IS no place like joisy!!!! glad you understand this, chickadeedeedear!!!!
Old 02-26-2004, 11:34 PM   #11  
For my HEALTH...

Chickadee--sorry you are going thru this. I have a GUT feeling it will all work out well. This is just a BUMP you have to get over.

Jiffy --how are you doing. I hope you are in better spirits today.

Buffy: How are you feeling since your surgery?

--Pookie

Last edited by POOKIE88; 02-27-2004 at 12:05 AM.
Old 02-27-2004, 10:12 AM   #12  
Old Cackler

well... i avoided the pretzels yesterday, but succumbed to a small handful of pita chips [they were even BETTER than the pretzels!!!!]. but i had only those few. thank goodness. and they're WAAYYY out of my way.. in a yarn store about 12 miles away, in fact!!!!

and now i have a cold.

and work sucks. but work ALWAYS sucks.

attitude is decent.

how's everyone else doing today????
Closed Thread