South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 02-24-2004, 11:09 AM   #1  
Dancing Fool

Default New to the Beach

Good morning. I have been browsing the beach for the past few days and thought it was about time I introduced myself. I started on the SBD the first of December and was doing good losing weight till February. I haven't gained any but I haven't lost any either. I started at 171 and am now at 148. I have been at this weight since Jan 28 and am beginning to get depressed. I thought I would like to get some feedback from others on the diet. I have been very good at sticking to allowed foods and do exercise on a regular basis. In fact I should be at the gym right now. I am looking forward to talking to all of you soon from the Western Slope of Colorado!
Old 02-24-2004, 11:14 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Hi MaryHelen and welcome to The Beach. I'll move your thread into The other sub-Forum so you'll get more input. It sounds to me as if your body is getting used to the lower weight. You did lose over ten pounds a month for a while. Stick with it and do join us in Fat Chicks On The Beach.
Old 02-24-2004, 11:29 AM   #3  

morning maryhelen welcome to the beach!!!
Old 02-24-2004, 12:21 PM   #4  
A Lily from my yard!

Mornin MaryHelen welcome to the beach! I'm sure you have tried this but I'm askin anyway. Did you try goin back to phase 1 for a week or so? Well hang on the beach I'm sure someone else has had a similar situation and can help. Remember Stay In It!
Old 02-24-2004, 12:27 PM   #5  

Height: 5'-2"

Welcome, MaryHelen!
Old 02-24-2004, 12:56 PM   #6  
Professional dieter

S/C/G: 250/232/130

Height: 5'3"

Welcome MaryHelen! I agree with Bamiegurl, have you tried going back to P1 for a week? And are you exercising? I know that with SBD you don't have to exercise, but it can help you get through a plateau faster. If you are exercising maybe you need to shake it up a little and do different exercises in different orders. Stay with us we're here for you!
Old 02-24-2004, 03:09 PM   #7  
Dancing Fool

Thanks everybody for the input. I have been draging my heels at going back to Phase I, but I will try that. I will really miss those crunchy apples, and a glass of wine twice a week.
Jennie527, I am exercising. I have a treadmill and I do 30 minutes at least six times a week. I lift weights three or four times a week too. I haven't had a weight problem in a long time and I think I am a little impatient just now. I just need to realize that the BIG "A" makes loosing weight a little harder than when I was younger.
As I have seen others say, Lent starts tomorrow and I will start back on Phase I tomorrow.

Last edited by MaryHelen; 02-24-2004 at 05:56 PM. Reason: Needed to add more
Old 02-24-2004, 11:07 PM   #8  
Slowly Changing My Life..

S/C/G: 250/239.8/145

Height: 5' 5"

Welcome!

I am new to posting here myself as well. I just started two days ago and so far so good. I planned on giving myself one week to get the changes with eating down, and will begin exercising in a few days. I have a treadmill as well, and although I wanted one real bad (it has made such an awesome clothes hanger...LOL) I just can't help but find it terribly boring at times. In the past I've tried to rotate some cardio tapes with the treadmill - that seemed to help a little. My husband recently bought a crossbow, so I am looking forward to trying that as well. One step at a time though.

Best of luck to you! You've done awesome so far! Hope that you will continue to post and share your journey with us.
Closed Thread