Old 02-23-2004, 07:51 PM   #1  
Professional dieter

S/C/G: 250/232/130

Height: 5'3"

Default Cheese-stuffed beef rolls (phase 1)

Make this the next time people come over for dinner, not only will they not know they're eating diet food, they'll ask you for the recipe! Buying roast beef from the deli can be expensive I found some that worked in the pre-packaged lunch meat section!

Cheese-Stuffed Beef Rolls

1 jar (15 ounces) spaghetti sauce (no sugar added)
1 egg, slightly beaten
1/4 teaspoon dried oregano, crumbled
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1 container (15 ounces) light ricotta cheese
1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
1 cup shredded low-fat mozzarella
6 thin slices of lean deli roast beef (about 1/2 pound)
2 medium zucchini, sliced (about 3 cups)

Preheat oven to 375. Spread 1/2 cup spaghetti sauce in bottom of 8x12-inch baking dish. In a large bowl, thoroughly combine egg, seasonings, ricotta cheese, parmesan cheese, and 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese. Spoon equal amounts of cheese mixture on 1 end of each beef slice. Roll up beef slices jelly-roll style and arrange, seam-side down, in baking dish. Place zucchini along both sides of dish. Pour remaining spaghetti sauce over beef rolls and zucchini. Bake, covered, at 375 for 40 minutes or until heated through. Top beef rolls with remaining mozzarella cheese. Bake, uncovered, 3 minutes or until cheese is golden brown.

Serves 6
Jennie527 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2004, 03:23 PM   #2  

I made these last night.........yummm. But only 1 was not filling enough so I had 2!

I changed the recipe slightly in that I chopped up one of the zuchini and added it to the cheese mix cause it's the only way to get my dh to eat veges.
wendyjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2004, 09:04 PM   #3  

I made these last night and they were fantastic! I will make them again next week. Thank you for sharing the recipe!
Doodleday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2004, 02:13 PM   #4  

I made these for lunch. They were great. Only I did not have zuchinni so I sautated some spinach and put it in with the cheese mixture. Also had my own sause with no sugar was great!!!!!!
skherb is offline   Reply With Quote